'Black Friday' and associated fallout megathread

J

JBDood16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
on a serious note, who wants to move to canada with me? im broke but im serious.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in the Uk and will happily take any size bankroll transfered into my PS or FTP account.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They can get around this if they change the website names. Didn't bodog have this problem a couple of years ago and they changed their domain and it is still going?

The websites are the least of our concerns. Stars has blocked US players, and the others will likely follow suit, plus forget about withdrawals.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in the Uk and will happily take any size bankroll transfered into my PS or FTP account.

Yeah me too.

The thing is, if pokerstars or FT get shut down then our money itself isn't safe - is it?

I dont even get this at all..

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah me too.

The thing is, if pokerstars or FT get shut down then our money itself isn't safe - is it?

I dont even get this at all..

Well US players can't get on but UK players can dude. online poker isn't illegal in any way in the UK.

J

JBDood16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel pretty bad for all the dudes with thousands of dollars in these sites. shit.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ya but thats still laundering johnboy haha thanks for the offer though mate

Just have to see what happens w/ftp now and ub

everyone to the merge network

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well US players can't get on but UK players can dude. Online Poker isn't illegal in any way in the UK.

I never understand America. Allow people to carry guns but don't allow gambling and online poker which is pretty harmless and actually generates $$$.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@jazz axe:

ya i had that on page 2 or 3? same thing w/bodog, except players werent banned, only lost their domain name

P

papatango123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im from uk is my cash on pokerstars safe or is it best to withdraw?

katymaty

katymaty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The defendants, andcharges:

Count
Charge
Defendants
Maximum Penalties
Conspiracy toViolate Unlawful Internet GamblingEnforcement Act (UIGIEA)
ISAI SCHEINBERG,RAYMOND BITAR,SCOTT TOM,BRENT BECKLEY,NELSON BURTNICK,PAUL TATE,RYAN LANG,BRADLEY FRANZEN,IRA RUBIN,CHAD ELIE,JOHN CAMPOS
5 years in prison;fine of $250,000 ortwice the grossgain or loss; 3years supervisedrelease
Violation of Unlawful Internet GamblingEnforcement Act (UIGIEA) -PokerStars
ISAI SCHEINBERG,NELSON BURTNICK,PAUL TATE,RYAN LANG,BRADLEY FRANZEN,IRA RUBIN,CHAD ELIE,JOHN CAMPOS
5 years in prison;fine of $250,000 ortwice the grossgain or loss; 3years supervisedrelease
Violation of Unlawful Internet GamblingEnforcement Act (UIGIEA) – FullTilt Poker
RAYMOND BITAR,NELSON BURTNICK,RYAN LANG,BRADLEY FRANZEN,IRA RUBIN,CHAD ELIE,JOHN CAMPOS
Violation of Unlawful Internet GamblingEnforcement Act (UIGIEA) Absolute Poker
SCOTT TOM,BRENT BECKLEY,RYAN LANG,BRADLEY FRANZEN,IRA RUBIN,CHAD ELIE
Operation ofIllegal GamblingBusiness -PokerStars
ISAI SCHEINBERG,NELSON BURTNICK,PAUL TATE,RYAN LANG,BRADLEY FRANZEN,IRA RUBIN,CHAD ELIE,JOHN CAMPOS
5 years in prison;fine of $250,000 ortwice the grossgain or loss; 3years supervisedrelease; forfeitureof proceeds ofoffense
Operation ofIllegal GamblingBusiness – Full Tilt Poker
RAYMOND BITAR,NELSON BURTNICK,RYAN LANG,BRADLEY FRANZEN,IRA RUBIN,CHAD ELIE,JOHN CAMPOS
5 years in prison;fine of $250,000 ortwice the grossgain or loss; 3years supervisedrelease; forfeitureof proceeds ofoffense
Operation ofIllegal GamblingBusiness Absolute Poker
SCOTT TOM,BRENT BECKLEY,RYAN LANG,BRADLEY FRANZEN,IRA RUBIN,CHAD ELIE
Conspiracy toCommit Bank Fraud and Wire Fraud
ISAI SCHEINBERG,RAYMOND BITAR,BRENT BECKLEY,NELSON BURTNICK,PAUL TATE,RYAN LANG,BRADLEY FRANZEN,IRA RUBIN,CHAD ELIE
30 years in prison;fine of $1,000,000or twice the grossgain or loss; 5years supervisedrelease; forfeitureof proceeds ofoffense
Money LaunderingConspiracy
ISAI SCHEINBERG,RAYMOND BITAR,BRENT BECKLEY,NELSON BURTNICK,PAUL TATE,RYAN LANG,BRADLEY FRANZEN,IRA RUBIN,CHAD ELIE,JOHN CAMPOS
20 years in prison;fine of $500,000 ortwice the amount laundered; 3 yearssupervised release;forfeiture of proceeds of offense

Last edited:
JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@ All UK players. I'm 90% you'll be fine. I'm not panicking. I also have a spare room in the Uk for all grinders. Winners only as rent will be 10% of your winnings.

J

JBDood16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
jeez twoplus two and the ppa website must have a ton of traffic atm. cant even get through, been trying for 10 minutes.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They can get around this if they change the website names. Didn't bodog have this problem a couple of years ago and they changed their domain and it is still going?

It's nothing to do with the websites now, players are being blocked and people have been arrested on serious money laundering and fraud crimes.

FBI will be on your case for laundering :eek:

**** the FBI, I'm a British citizen. I know you're probably reading this thread so **** you **** you and DIAGF, you can't touch me.

S

skyin452

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just logged in to P-Stars and it wont let me play real money ring!!! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@ All UK players. I'm 90% you'll be fine. I'm not panicking. I also have a spare room in the Uk for all grinders. Winners only as rent will be 10% of your winnings.

Ok I am in, FYI I am a losing player :p

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well US players can't get on but UK players can dude. Online Poker isn't illegal in any way in the UK.

I know it isn't illegal in the UK, it's just the fact if they are being prosecuted for fraud etc then surely they will freeze the whole thing and eventually europeons wont be able to play anyway?

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does this mean i have to withdraw my funds from Fulltilt? I am from india !!!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's nothing to do with the websites now, players are being blocked and people have been arrested on serious money laundering and fraud crimes.
people have been CHARGED, not arrested. None of those named reside in the US so the only way they'll be arrested is if they come to the US. I don't think that's very likely.

Journeyman98

Journeyman98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't even play a PSO tournament on Pokerstars. wTF

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know what to do?
I live in the UK, Is my money safe on PS and FT, mainly on PS,
I have just transfered some money from PS to my Netellet account
and it was processed instantly.
I was playing on Stars a while ago but I thought whats the point
when even if I win I might not get my money
I LOVE playing poker but I dont know if online poker is finished?
Would party poker be safe, being based in Europe.
I just feel confused at the moment, if people lose confidence in
poker sites it is finished:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
**** the FBI, I'm a British citizen. I know you're probably reading this thread so **** you **** you and DIAGF, you can't touch me.
Not to be a nit and I don't think this issue will ever affect players, but if you engage in illegal US activity such as money laundering, you can be charged, arrested in your country, and extradited for trial in the US.

Just look at the list of defendants being released. At least half are foreign nationals, and the DOJ is working with their governments and Interpol to affect their arrests. Hopefully they won't be successful, but given how closely tied the US and UK/Canada are on criminal matters, I'm not sure any of those guys can feel very safe atm. The South American guys are probably laughing about it, though.

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack