'Black Friday' and associated fallout megathread

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its nice to get something other than the Seizure page when going to FT.com.

A little disconcerting (actually a lot ) that Stars seems to be dumping the US issue on the US government without offering specifics, which they must know of.

Curious, if the US government (DOJ) fails to reach out within the 60 days of finalization, what happens?

I would be very surprised if Stars knew how the DOJ is going to repay US players. I'm sure they are as in the dark as we are.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I really don't see there being much Stars can do about the US player repayment situation. DOJ has told them in no uncertain terms that it'll be the US Government, not Stars, that will be handling the replayment and it wasn't Stars mess to clean up in the first place...

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its nice to get something other than the Seizure page when going to FT.com.

A little disconcerting (actually a lot ) that Stars seems to be dumping the US issue on the US government without offering specifics, which they must know of.

Curious, if the US government (DOJ) fails to reach out within the 60 days of finalization, what happens?

Tough luck, no one cares about the US. In fact, I really really don't care about the US. Cheers for losing us all our money because of your stupid laws which you don't even follow. Be happy if you get your money and stop ruining it for the rest of us. Thanks.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough luck, no one cares about the US. In fact, I really really don't care about the US. Cheers for losing us all our money because of your stupid laws which you don't even follow. Be happy if you get your money and stop ruining it for the rest of us. Thanks.
This seems a bit over the top dickish especially since US poker players broke no laws by playing online. Also no one lost you your money except FTP and their crooked execs who stole player funds for hookers and blow.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers for losing us all our money because of your stupid laws which you don't even follow.

Looks like we are not the only ones with stupid laws.....

In a recent statement (24-2-2012, The Hague), the Dutch government (supreme court) decided that the gambling monopoly by the Dutch Lotto is not in violation with the European law of free traffic of goods and services. Therefore, the dutch court decided that foreign online gambling websites (Pokerstars, Unibet, Ladbrokes..) should be banned from dutch players.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things seem to change month to month and it's hard to get a definitive answer about anything regarding the legality and taxation of online poker in the Netherlands. I recently met with a tax consultant based in Utrecht and they had no clue how to proceed as a player.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online Poker Companies Ordered Out of Holland
Dutch Court Rules Online Gambling Companies Must Block Citzens’ Access

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a very douchey thing to say.An does not seem like you pascal.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In a recent statement (24-2-2012, The Hague), the Dutch government (supreme court) decided that the gambling monopoly by the Dutch Lotto is not in violation with the European law of free traffic of goods and services. Therefore, the dutch court decided that foreign online gambling websites (Pokerstars, Unibet, Ladbrokes..) should be banned from dutch players.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things seem to change month to month and it's hard to get a definitive answer about anything regarding the legality and taxation of online poker in the Netherlands. I recently met with a tax consultant based in Utrecht and they had no clue how to proceed as a player.

Even thought that's been ruled, there are no blocks on payment processors or even on online poker sites. They haven't given out any licenses but it looks like they will at the end of the year.

That is a very douchey thing to say.An does not seem like you pascal.

Every time I come in this thread, someone from the US is worrying and making it seem like it is Stars' fault or that Stars has something to do with the US payouts. Everyone should be happy that a deal was agreed and happy if they get any money back - I wrote off the fairly small amount I had in FTP as soon as it went down, getting anything back is a bonus. It's going to be a massive job for the DoJ, especially when baring in mind it was well known that online poker was illegal in the US and everyone played anyway.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even thought that's been ruled, there are no blocks on payment processors or even on online poker sites. They haven't given out any licenses but it looks like they will at the end of the year.

Every time I come in this thread, someone from the US is worrying and making it seem like it is Stars' fault or that Stars has something to do with the US payouts. Everyone should be happy that a deal was agreed and happy if they get any money back - I wrote off the fairly small amount I had in FTP as soon as it went down, getting anything back is a bonus. It's going to be a massive job for the DoJ, especially when baring in mind it was well known that online poker was illegal in the US and everyone played anyway.

Can you prove this?

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Technicalities - fine, online poker may not be illegal but the poker companies had to break laws to process cashouts and deposits. Was kinda mad when writing the post.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Technicalities - fine, online poker may not be illegal but the poker companies had to break laws to process cashouts and deposits. Was kinda mad when writing the post.

Not a 'technicality'. Like saying guns are illegal because murder is illegal.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More like saying buying guns is illegal because it's illegal to give someone money for the gun.

t1tpfdc

t1tpfdc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The Dutch court/government may have made that ruling, but has the European court/commission made any ruling on the Dutch ruling?

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you sure about poker stars, because I am playing and there is no problem, also they made the contract with gambling commision about black friday, to pay of the players and reopen fulltilt on 6 November.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What a dick.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
. Cheers for losing us all our money because of your stupid laws which you don't even follow.

Even thought that's been ruled, there are no blocks on payment processors or even on online poker sites. .

[ ] Understood the point Pas was making.
[x] understood the point pascal was making
[x] still over the top dickish
[ ] grudge held
[x] normally a good guy so no grudge held after dickish semi-apology ( was kinda mad when writing post )
:D

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack