Bitcoin continues to drop in value (December 11, 2018)

B

Brayan9052

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to the market projection bitcoin will probably continue to fall. It is a good opportunity to buy

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will it go back to $3500?? I missed out when it reached 3400

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been trying to do a little research on bit coin and it kinda confusing. I was thinking about investing but all I've been seeing is the value dropping, not sure.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The value seemed to drop the moment I heard everyone saying invest in Bitcoin.

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It do it it raise and fall all time , wait to stabilize the prize in one level then buy again , or better buy new cryptos like NRG and Bytecoin with low value

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not invested, and I will not invest. It's just a pyramid scheme.

A

azoppina609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bitcoin is generated on a finite scale. Its relative value can only increase, however, the current bitcoin bubble caused by the media hype, blind, ignorant investors and initial offering on the NYSE has burst leading to a stabilizing of the market.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still kills me that I was moving money in and out of bitcoin from 2015 to 2016 playing a lot of poker and I was always scared it was gonna drop so I got the money converted fast. Sucks that I could of been a millionaire if I never cashed any of that stuff out.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BitCoin

I never cared for bitcoin, as there is no one here in the USA that takes the currency readily. I dont't understand how a company can just make coins and start saying its the new currency when no one is letting you use them to buy anything.

1,000's of people said invest in bitcoin, I never made a move to do so, and now I am glad I didn't.

A year ago Bitcoin was valued at $17,399.00 and as of closing yesterday was valued around $3,000.00. With the decline in Bitcoin, would you continue to invest?

Poker Twitter Noticeably Silent as Bitcoin Plunge Continues

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know some poker players who moved some money in bitcoins and others coins.

S

stariy_TV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You understand that BITCOIN is a currency that will constantly grow and constantly fall it will not have a certain price!

MarceloMC

MarceloMC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be nice to get further info about Biticoin regulation and something that can make it to return to the top level that rechead in the end of 2017 about US$20.000! So in this case when it is close to $2.000 it would be a nice moment to buy some to wait for a potential return to $20.000 (1.000% of possible upside)...

Ignoramus380

Ignoramus380

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two Bitfinex investors reported that the allegations of losing $ 850 million of client and corporate funds put forward by the Prosecutor General of New York did not cause them to worry about the future of the trading platform.

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's good to know. Its kind of complicated and I feel like once I sign up for it that I'll be progressively losing money through transfers and withdrawals. I just didn't do much research on it and hope it doesn't become the next big thing all over again. :confused::(:confused::rolleyes::eek::cool:

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful where you get your advice from

I do well with crypto currency, but one problem is for there to be a winner, there must be a loser. So if I tell everyone exactly how I profit then it won't be that profitable. I will probably start a thread soon showing trends that lot's of people can safely profit from. But you should always be mindful of free advice because many people are not as kind, or honest, and many have ulterior motives. All that said, I expect ETH, BTC, and most of the others to make massive gains over the next 12 months.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have ever use that thing or know exactly how it works.Never mind what's the consequence on usersif that drops?

B

blackdust_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i still cant understand why it was valued soo high and why its gone down so much?

i just dont understand this stick to what you know i always say

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its in a range right now. I would hold off and see if it break up or down before invesing

Canaveral

Canaveral

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never cared for bitcoin, as there is no one here in the USA that takes the currency readily. I dont't understand how a company can just make coins and start saying its the new currency when no one is letting you use them to buy anything.

1,000's of people said invest in bitcoin, I never made a move to do so, and now I am glad I didn't.

I agree. The problem for me is that unlike other investment vehicles there are no underlying data to determine the likelihood of movement in price. If you buy stock in a company, that company issues quarterlies on the status of the company, and you know whether the company's fundamentals are solid or not. They issue guidance as to what the company expects going forward. With traditional currencies, you have the country's economy, monetary policy, etc. that drive the price of the currency. You have data to determine whether the stock price or currency should move up or down. It's not perfect, and it's still speculative, but you have information. I don't see that with cryptocurrencies. All I see is sheer speculation, or people"feel" that's it's going to move one way or another. I understand technical indicators ("head and shoulders," "double tops," etc.) in studying price movement, but there is nothing underlying that to know anything.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. The problem for me is that unlike other investment vehicles there are no underlying data to determine the likelihood of movement in price. If you buy stock in a company, that company issues quarterlies on the status of the company, and you know whether the company's fundamentals are solid or not. They issue guidance as to what the company expects going forward. With traditional currencies, you have the country's economy, monetary policy, etc. that drive the price of the currency. You have data to determine whether the stock price or currency should move up or down. It's not perfect, and it's still speculative, but you have information. I don't see that with cryptocurrencies. All I see is sheer speculation, or people"feel" that's it's going to move one way or another. I understand technical indicators ("head and shoulders," "double tops," etc.) in studying price movement, but there is nothing underlying that to know anything.

I disagree. There is plenty of speculation for sure, but you don't have to rely on sheer speculation. Only suckers put the weight of their traditional currency trading strategy on the economy and monetary policy. Make sure those factors are healthy for sure, but currencys stick to harmonic patterns, which have patterns in patterns. Regardless of how good an economy is the currency will only go up for so long before correcting. Cryptocurrency trading is more comparable to currency trading then stocks, making the fundamentals less important, but they do hold some great value. Binance coin is up 430% this year, which is no surprise since their platform runs ~80% of the markets trading. TRX or Tron, invested 100 million in creating a platform for global gambling and trading items with video games ( example 2 people spend $5 for a race, winner gets 9, platform gets $1) It hasn't rolled out yet, but it has major potential. What I like about Crypto is the massive volatility of it. I set scaled buy and sell orders on my favorite coins at any given moment, in a sideways or bull market this strategy can easily average over 10% gains a week, which is impossible to do with traditional stocks. Plus traditional stocks are currently way over valued at the moment, making a steep correction extremely likely in the near future.
But I will agree that crypto is bad for a long term investor that just wants to put money somewhere and forget it.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This may give you an idea as to how Bitcoin is currently trading. The original post of this thread was created mid-December, 2018.

357e350f562257ff7bd300d7fe58933a.png

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was told, by someone who works in the financial services industry, to stay away.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realized I worded the part about trading traditional currency poorly. I was thinking from a short term prospective. With long term investing the fundamentals are always the most important.