Bitcoin continues to drop in value (December 11, 2018)

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure. I am almost afraid to withdraw using Bitcoin. I expect it to fall some.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am following Litecoin and Bitcoin very closely right now also I just withdrew some poker money to Litecoin a few days ago at 102 Litecoin that normally would be a really good price except it's been dropping fast this week ,,,:( made me sick to see 79 this morning for Litecoin Ugg LOL but the halving is coming up soon for Litecoin so I'm hoping it will get pump d backup :):)

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to invest in Bitcoin... Now it's a better time to buy I believed...

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would like to invest in Bitcoin... Now it's a better time to buy I believed...

The best time to have bought into Bitcoin would have been last December when it was trading at roughly $3000.00

Right now, I think it's sitting around 10k?

I also believe Bitcoin is more volatile so the swings are like poker.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i bought a few hundred into btc earlier this year with the funds i withdraw from carbon poker. i figured if i lose it all, whatever, that's my stance on any speculative investments. i ended up keeping it and my portfolio of a few hundred is now almost 4 figures. now only that but coinbase now offers paypal to withdraw which is just gravy. this option wasn't available earlier this year when i deposited from carbon poker.

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you have the financial back to agunatar a long period this is the time to buy, the markets like BTC are cyclic, without a crsital ball can I ensure that it will rise, when? I don't know, but a basic theory says: buy cheap sell sell expensive, warren buffet is an expert in that

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
because more are being produced? tons of bit miners out there....!

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Bitcoin causes a lot of mistrust. The bubble of the 21st century. This is my personal opinion.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I wonder why they had to create something new as bitcoins or whatever name
When we have Gold (much cheaper) Diamonds (much cheaper) and so on
I prefer to stick with the good old things
Rgds

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a big bitcoin believer. It’s hard to predict where bitcoin will be in a week or a year but I definitely think it will go very high. I usually have a set amount that I hold and then trade around that based on short term trends and ranges around support/resistance.

Fahqall

Fahqall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im getting really annoyed at crytocurrency being the best option for poker sites due to the ever changing value. Why cant they just accept credit cards w no fees?

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker isn’t legalized in so many states. I don’t know the exact definition but I think you can play but you can’t withdraw. Bitcoin is a secure way to deal with the transactions especially when withdrawing.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Given the positive sentiment in the market over the past few weeks, it's likely that the price will recover soon. However, this drop is a stark reminder that cryptoassets still operate in a nascent market, which is susceptible to significant price moves by whales (large holders of cryptocurrency).

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe I'm just a late, but this story of cryptocurrency never captivated me, a lot like the old pyramid scam.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A year ago Bitcoin was valued at $17,399.00 and as of closing yesterday was valued around $3,000.00. With the decline in Bitcoin, would you continue to invest?

Poker Twitter Noticeably Silent as Bitcoin Plunge Continues

The word invest is not correctly used here. The word is gamble. Bitcoin is pure fiat. It's value is 100% perceived, 0% real. As long as people deem it has value, it does. If you wish to gamble that the price may go back up, I recommend only putting in what you wish to lose.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blockchain technology is the great invention of smartest minds. I have a higher technical education and I'm convinced it is. You can read about Blockchain on Wikipedia, for example. Decentralization and encryption for storing data is our present and future.

But using this technology for mining money is the biggest fraud in the modern human history in my opinion. Enormous electricity and computing resources are wasting every day. Bitcoin is the calculations of math function which calculates nothing useful for humanity at all. All wasted resources could be used, for example, in calculations for protein folding researches which Stanford university do for many years. You can google about 'Folding@home' project, my computer was a part of it for few months long time ago, unfortunately it was too much for my graphics card, it failured so I stopped my participation there.

Cryptocurrencies Has (or can have) value as improving faster/cheaper goods exchange.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every era has its bubbles. In 90 in Russia were MMM. Now it's Bitcoin in whole world

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best is to invest in plateforms using bitcoin as a payement methode and not in bitcoin itself