Bitcoin continues to drop in value (December 11, 2018)

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cleaned out my Crypto Portfolio around April of last year.... once it dropped to $6,500, and didn't break $10,000 again I knew it was done.

T

TossUpKing

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My prediction is that if it doesn't go back up, that it is entirely replaced. It has to make a move now, because it's so low in price... so, we're waiting for some big advancement or adapting Bitcoin into our mainstream society before we ever see the price go up, is also what I believe.

DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got in when it was $149 (playing on SWC)... I've been around for the ups and downs, and still believe in it (just wish I had held onto more, rather than BTC->USD with poker wins ;) )

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
crypto

not sure what to feel, i am buying LTC price is affordable and it is starting to be seen everywhere...

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is no matter what happens now an how much its gonna drop; the futures belong the bitcoin or cryptocurrency
that is the easiest way to transfer money
but Not being fixed price is a huge problem
we will see what happen next
I sure bitcoin will solve the problem and go high

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Blockchain technology is the great invention of smartest minds. I have a higher technical education and I'm convinced it is. You can read about Blockchain on Wikipedia, for example. Decentralization and encryption for storing data is our present and future.

But using this technology for mining money is the biggest fraud in the modern human history in my opinion. Enormous electricity and computing resources are wasting every day. Bitcoin is the calculations of math function which calculates nothing useful for humanity at all. All wasted resources could be used, for example, in calculations for protein folding researches which Stanford university do for many years. You can google about 'Folding@home' project, my computer was a part of it for few months long time ago, unfortunately it was too much for my graphics card, it failured so I stopped my participation there.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bitcoin will bottom out around same price as gold. that way it becomes a kind of digital gold, and becomes the standard for other crypto currency exchange.
problem is it all digital money and can disappear or devalue itself overnight if bad actors wish to do so.
I would rather a solid gold bar over a bitcoin any day.

K

Kichidk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still haven't figured out how to buy it..i might if I can figure it out.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Using bitcoin to deposit and withdraw is awesome, especially for us here in the US.
The fees are minimal.

If, at some point, BTC is accepted by more mainstream retailers, it will go through the roof again. Can you envision using bitcoin in as many places as paypal? That will cause a rise in value.

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And it will get worse when the cryptos begin to be regulated by the governments, the little independence that they had will be centralized, even worse, since they do not have real sustenance such as oil, gold or labor-time

R

romansq12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:D

I think that not long Bitcoin left

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend lost a lot of bitcoin. I invested 50,000 Russian rubles and simply fell by 0. I am very dissatisfied with its result, but who knows how to manage finances and trade, it seems to me that this is good for me.
big-taxes-10.jpg

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still worth 3 times more than gold

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, if enough dum dums come together and collectively agree that they will exchange goods for pokerstars play money chips then that will be the new currency. So what? Anything can be currency, it's a collective agreement. Thankfully there are not that many delusional people who actually think that buttcoin will solve anything and it won't have any impact in the future.

realizes the intrinsic fallacies of currency, refuses to discover advantages of alternatives

allow me to help you

minutes of transaction time instead of days

256 bit encryption instead of 12 digit account number

created on the spot, 256 bit encryption, instead of world-wide known routing number

decentralized currency instead of supporting the IMF

et cetera

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the lingering correction will sometime change to a bullish trend, but in my opinion, the bitcoin rate can fall down to $ 1,500. It is highly unlikely that it will fall below. Cryptocurrencies have shown their effectiveness as a crowdfunding and investment mechanism, but also there are still a lot of drawbacks. The development potential remains high and the ATH price update seems quite realistic.

J

jonlama

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I bought bitcoin in 2012. At the time the only place anyone (to my knowledge) used them was Silk Road, myself included. I bought them when they were $12ea. I used them to buy stuff on Silk Road. When the price went up to over twenty dollars I thought it seemed ridiculous. Then I didn't think about it again until it went up to the prices it was at a year ago. I've just been sick about not keeping some back then. I think that blockchain is the future as well. I've got some again. I think the price will rebound.

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a cryptoinvestor from 2012 and today I think it is absolutely clear that no matter how the authorities try to regulate and crush this market, it cannot be stopped as more and more technological solutions are being introduced into our life. Bitcoin changed the attitude to the currency as such!

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i owned bitcoin when it was .97 i used it to get money into online poker. i stopped playing for awhile and sold off all i had, i think it went to 1.88 when i sold. looking back i would be a millionaire if i had just kept it in my account and forgot about it. such is the way the ball bounces.
i do believe that crypto will rise big time, there is trouble with most currencies worldwide, something has to rise...

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll just continue to daytrade stocks, options, and futures.
I'm with you, except I'm in stocks for the long term. I still have no idea what bitcoin is. Is it actually a thing? I saw a Bitcoin ATM on TV the other day. Never knew these things even existed. I would consider investing in ATMs though. That's something I understand.

ChrisCreys

ChrisCreys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way! All my investors friends even stop approaching me and asking me to invest, why should that be? :confused:
It's a way too much risky investment for me.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Yes, I will still invest in it. There is a cycle like once in 4 years, Ive seen an analysis few days ago and that guy know he talks about. The decline should end in the 3rd quarter so I think will go up more than 20k. Buy small, sell high :)

D

Dallas4life

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A year ago Bitcoin was valued at $17,399.00 and as of closing yesterday was valued around $3,000.00. With the decline in Bitcoin, would you continue to invest?

Poker Twitter Noticeably Silent as Bitcoin Plunge Continues
im still trying to figure out the whole bitcoin thing

No way! All my investors friends even stop approaching me and asking me to invest, why should that be? :confused:
It's a way too much risky investment for me.
i still dont understand the whole bitcoin thing

Last edited by a moderator:
xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Investment guarantee?

I would never bet on bitcoins since it could affect my family and our lifestyle. It is a gamble and there is no guarantee that you will ever get your investment back or make a profit.
If your gambling does not in any way adversely affect those who need and depend on you then it would not be a problem.

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bitcoins

If I had more money to invest I would take the risk to get some at the price they are going for now. It will take time but for good reasons blockchain technology will be more implemented sooner or later.

C

Cbob1195

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No even the wolf of wall street himself said it was one great big scam. I read somewhere that 80% of all bitcoins are owned by about 10-20 companies or people meaning things can very volatile very fast.