Bitcoin continues to drop in value (December 11, 2018)

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fortunately

I have never been a BTC investor, wanted a mining machine, but who doesn't. I only use it for deposits, so I have never been to worried about the value. But that's one heck of a drop.:eek:

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually it looks to be a good time to reinvest. Surely it won't drop much more lower. It's value may not get to $20,000 but it should reach $10,000 again.

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks God I Refused

I almost bought 500$ in bitcoins in the middle of the year and I have to thank my wife for stopping me.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A year ago Bitcoin was valued at $17,399.00 and as of closing yesterday was valued around $3,000.00. With the decline in Bitcoin, would you continue to invest?

Poker Twitter Noticeably Silent as Bitcoin Plunge Continues

If you believe in it, and your way of acquiring it is to invest, then yes. Much in the same way you would with a long term investment plan. Purchasing set amounts throughout the year regardless of the market price.

IMO and many others it never should have been at 17k, and that drop was inevitable (easy to say now) .

But i'd only invest if its either a part of an overall investment strategy (not putting all your eggs in one basket) or you really believe in the movement. I believe strongly that crypto will be the future and some form or iteration of the blockchain will be key to securing and transferring private information.

Whether or not bitcoin survives and thrives is anyone's guess but I see nothing wrong with a HODL (aka hold long term) and acquiring more (but I would encourage diversifying into other crypto currencies).

I will note its also plausible that crypto tech takes off but something unforeseen happens and the currencies themselves lose value (at least to us low on the totem pole), while the tech is taken by conglomerates whether govt. or corporate. Hopefully I am just paranoid.

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll just continue to daytrade stocks, options, and futures.

D

deMorphine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bitcoin has been shown that it can be easily manipulated in the past year. I'm not surprised if the public distrusts crypto now since most bought at the highest point.

C

cypherpup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With Bitcoin being able to be manipulated by various individuals/entities I dont really trust crypto currency to much. However I will say that I did invest in some bitcoin back in 2012 and I got a nice ROI in return when it skyrocketed back in 2016.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is not the first time it happens, I think that this type of price falls are made by the owners or creators of the cryptocurrency to buy cheap and after a while sell expensive, while there is no serious regulation for this type of electronic currencies it will always happen

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope because I don't believe in it.

Bakterium

Bakterium

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that within a year or two he will die completely.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bitcoin gonna raise again but not as much as it was in December 2017...

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What does this mean? You don't believe in it like you don't believe in the Euro or something?

I don't believe it in as a currency or as a store of value. Both have been proven to not be suitable use cases for Buttcoin. Also the whole community behind is very toxic and off putting and have get rich-quick mindset.

GregoryLinch

GregoryLinch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bitcoin technology is outdated. It is very slow and has a large commission. During this time, a lot of cryptocurrency has been released which will rise to it. He made a name for himself at the very beginning, and all people who have little to do with the cryptocurrency market think that the best and perfect bitcoin. gone to the bottom. I think that soon there will be a lull, something needs to change when the Cryptocurrency Gram of Durov and Telegram messenger comes onto the market. The new revolution of the crypto market will be.

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems an extremely risky investment to me, I personally wouldn't put any money into any crypto currency. That said, I'm certain there will be another to surge like bitcoin did.

G

GameTooHard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe it in as a currency or as a store of value. Both have been proven to not be suitable use cases for Buttcoin. Also the whole community behind is very toxic and off putting and have get rich-quick mindset.

People accept it as a medium of exchange for goods and services which sort of defines it as a currency whether or not you believe in it.

Countries have their dollar crash with some frequency. That doesn't make it not a currency.

A lot of the community does but that doesn't make it not a currency.

A lot of the poker community has a similar mindset. I think most short-term, medium-high volatility 'investments' will garner their fair share of toxic individuals.

T

tfonly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i will use bitcoin for as long as its allowed.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People accept it as a medium of exchange for goods and services which sort of defines it as a currency whether or not you believe in it.

Countries have their dollar crash with some frequency. That doesn't make it not a currency.

A lot of the community does but that doesn't make it not a currency.

A lot of the poker community has a similar mindset. I think most short-term, medium-high volatility 'investments' will garner their fair share of toxic individuals.

Sure, if enough dum dums come together and collectively agree that they will exchange goods for pokerstars play money chips then that will be the new currency. So what? Anything can be currency, it's a collective agreement. Thankfully there are not that many delusional people who actually think that buttcoin will solve anything and it won't have any impact in the future.

LavaStorm

LavaStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think Bitcoin could bottom out at?

Yes for sure, Bitcoin could go down to a rediculus price like 100$ one day, but i m sure that it will rise again and that time will be like an explosion ;)

M

Max Grondman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the best moment to invest right now. In the near future it will raise again.

T

tfonly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only use bitcoin to transfer funds between accounts. I never really held onto any bitcoin for more than a day. So these price swings dont have much of an impact on what I use bitcoin for.

P

PeedroZack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now i think that the ETH is the best coin to invest

magik9118

magik9118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No...it s almost the end of it. it Will claps soon ..!
it is time To sell them if you haven't done it yet!!!
and invest somwhere else!!!