Why is online poker declining

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As said early there are ALOT of factors. Most people i have played live with if you bring up online poker first and foremost is they dont trust it second is the players who would rather play bingo then poker and then there are very few sites that will let Americans play without jumping thru hoops to deposit or play thru or withdraw.

Oneybiggs You make some very valid points with your big post. GREED is a HUGE problem effecting all working people
Wow thanks for that positive mention and understanding,and i totally agree,people dont trust online poker simply because its all programmable or can be manipulated which is fair enough.Gotta feel for American players that do want to play online.Ive seen some very rigged or manipulated situations beyond doubt but it doesnt stop me and i still get some good results and am getting better and more consistent still ,never give up as they say.Good luck at the tables :top:

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Online poker is declining because the poker boom is over. The declining is now much less for the number of players is becoming more steady. The real poker enthusiastic keeps going on, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You falsely believe that only bankers are speculating with money. Money is just a condition, it's a open source condition for speculation for everyone on this planet. Money have no real value, we don't eat them, we don't wear them, we don't fuel our cars with money. It's a condition for exchange. If you accept the rules of exchange proposed to you by someone then you're playing his game, if you're proposing your own rules - then you're playing your game with your customers.

Simple example: Farmer has apple tree, apples grow once or twice a year. Tree is giving 100kilograms of apples per year, Farmer sells them for $100. Farmer has $100 bill in his wallet. The Buyer has 100kilograms of apples... 3 months later The Buyer will eat all apples and will have 0 kilograms of apples, while Farmer will have $100 bill in his pocket. Is there any difference in this speculation compared to Bankers speculations? Nope, no difference. The Buyer agreed to play Farmers game instead of planting his own apple tree.

Added value for the service or product isn't actually a problem of a snowball rolling from the top of the mountain if you're standing on top of the mountain. It might be a problem for those who stand below, in the valley under the mountain. It's some sort of artificial selection. Since you've been born you always have a choice. You can either spend your days like a squirrel in a
the spinning wheel = going to your job, and sitting in front of your screen watching funny videos or some kardashians or superheroes or whatever you're wasting your time for... or you can study all available options, learn something new and move your life to a different level again and again, climbing on top of the mountain. Some people are unhappy with choices they've made in the past, because these choices haven't fulfilled their expectations... do they really need to blame banker/god/president in their own mistakes? If you don't know the rules then i think it's good to learn the rules better before starting the game.:flute:
Interesting words chap. deep:evil:

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably the exposure of bots could scare casuals to play i think ppl are just getting tired of having aces busted by 7 2 .of course this is sarcasm

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I predicted this, we will continue to see it. The trend will not change if you're interested in the market. Deaf ears.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems to me that ACR traffic is increasing the last year or so...maybe not by much but I see more full tables and more people in tourneys/sngs...can't speak to pokerstars since I cannot play there...

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Falsely believe what?RUBBISH..you really want me to detail everything linked to the bankers,its all the same garbage,oil,food chains weapons,and you seem to completely miss the point being that every loan made on interest and many other things create more money that doesnt exist,and you falsely believe the apple farmer as you put it (grower actually) wont have his hundred squeezed back out of him by the same said economic prison,i need people like you sitting at the poker table haha see you there.:reddy:

You see, you falsely believe that "they" are guilty in something. They = bankers, oligarchs, morgans, rockfellers, trumps, putins, aliens and so on. You falsely believe that some sort of economic prison exists and such. It's some sort of conspiracy theory widely advertised by some bloggers like Alex Jones for example.

In the reality economy is just a game, like poker. Banker, Oil Company owner, Drug lord, Gun seller, Car manufacturer, Farmer and YOU are sitting at the same table and playing the same poker game. Blinds are 10-20 and ante is 5, each one of them has 100K stack and they straddle and double straddle each hand, while your stack is just 200, and you're complaining that it's difficult to play like this, cause u're short stacked, you had no good hand for last 20 deals, ante is huge, straddle and double straddle is not letting you see the flop for cheap... Such position at such "poker table" is the reason why some people complain about their position in the economy. Economical prison does not exist, there always is a way up. It is clear for the bankers that if there will be no way out for the people then riots will start and whole system will be ruined.

Banker and farmer are one side of the coin. Person who needs a loan or person who wants to buy fruits are the other side of the coin. If you're still not getting it - internet explains it better. Some video blogger has 200K subscribers. This video blogger is a creator. He creates content.. Content is something useful. 200K subscribers are followers, they don't create something useful. These followers can admire their beloved creator, and ofc some of them will join the army of haters. It doesn't matter if fans admire or hate. What matters is what they're doing with their life? Do they do something useful for the society? Nope, DO they do something useful for their own life? Nope. They spend their lifetime and often money because of their admired creator.

Let's compare some Banker to some movie star or a singer? Rihanna maybe? Banker and Rihanna both have 100 millions followers. 99.99% of Rihannas followers like her because she's giving them good mood with her songs. At the same time 99.99% of Bankers followers are haters, they hate the Banker because they have to think about the money, how to return the loan.

What is the sense of what I've said above? YOu always have a choice - you can be a creator or a follower. When you're a creator you will have your own universe, and you'll have interesting options, you'll be able to extract profit inside our universe, expand your universe, change it's properties... If you're just a follower you will have just 2 choices 1) accept the rules proposed by creators and silently follow them 2) Try to change something with internet posts, meetings and such stupid actions. Create something new instead of trying to change something that has millions of followers, if it will be good - those millions will become your followers.

Majority of people don't even understand that they can start thousands of types of business at their desk with like $50 investments. Some things can be fully automated, few years ago I've tried and succeed in making 2 different automated production lines for less than $100 each, one for chemical process, other one for food industry, both of the processes can have added value and are easily expandable to larger scale. Both of the automated lines are desktop size... But do you really need such things? I guess that you need a new iphone for $1200, subscription to Netflix and juicy donuts each evening, and to blame someone that you don't have a Tesla... or i'm mistaken? It's hard to be a creator, you need to create and propose choices for the people, while it's easy to be a follower, you're just choosing from what's proposed, and yeah lol you can complain about the number and quality of choices... but why don't you do something better instead of supporting conspiracy theories, complaining, and searching for who is guilty in your problems?

The world is changing, it's 4th industrial revolution today... Fully automated factories already exist. Dyson launched such factory 2 years ago at Singapore. By the end of this 4th industrial revolution the world will be split into those who have robots\cobots or land or shares or talent and those who have nothing and will have to live at the street or in the forest. SO billions of people might lose their jobs, who they will blame? Electricity? Bankers? Mathematicians? Engineers? Shall we replace electronic relays and microprocessors back to human telephonists who will connect wires to help us make a call? Pizza wending machine creates pizza in 4 minutes at your eyes, fully automated, and fully automated car can supply it with flour and ingridients... It kills the pizza chef profession, pizza delivery guy, no need for accountant, janitor and such. What are you going to do about it? Will you blame the one who invented it? OR will you buy such machine cause it generates profit? OR will you create a better machine that creates pizza, hamburgers, ice cream and drinks all together in one machine? OR you will destroy such machine as soon as you'll see it, cause it's against the human race? :D:five:

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it has now become a known fact that you cannot get rich quick in poker.... Now the gamblers move on to something else that promises them quick cash and more action...

poker sites tried hard to keep them playing with Spin&Gos or Power-Up and super-ultra-turbo tourneys.

In the end a lot less people will remain, but those will be the ones that actually love the game.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
most states dont allow poker more will come if they allow all states to play in theusa

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
regulations prevent people to deposit, so that the governments are responsible for online poker decline

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You see, you falsely believe that "they" are guilty in something. They = bankers, oligarchs, morgans, rockfellers, trumps, putins, aliens and so on. You falsely believe that some sort of economic prison exists and such. It's some sort of conspiracy theory widely advertised by some bloggers like Alex Jones for example.

In the reality economy is just a game, like poker. Banker, Oil Company owner, Drug lord, Gun seller, Car manufacturer, Farmer and YOU are sitting at the same table and playing the same poker game. Blinds are 10-20 and ante is 5, each one of them has 100K stack and they straddle and double straddle each hand, while your stack is just 200, and you're complaining that it's difficult to play like this, cause u're short stacked, you had no good hand for last 20 deals, ante is huge, straddle and double straddle is not letting you see the flop for cheap... Such position at such "poker table" is the reason why some people complain about their position in the economy. Economical prison does not exist, there always is a way up. It is clear for the bankers that if there will be no way out for the people then riots will start and whole system will be ruined.

Banker and farmer are one side of the coin. Person who needs a loan or person who wants to buy fruits are the other side of the coin. If you're still not getting it - internet explains it better. Some video blogger has 200K subscribers. This video blogger is a creator. He creates content.. Content is something useful. 200K subscribers are followers, they don't create something useful. These followers can admire their beloved creator, and ofc some of them will join the army of haters. It doesn't matter if fans admire or hate. What matters is what they're doing with their life? Do they do something useful for the society? Nope, DO they do something useful for their own life? Nope. They spend their lifetime and often money because of their admired creator.

Let's compare some Banker to some movie star or a singer? Rihanna maybe? Banker and Rihanna both have 100 millions followers. 99.99% of Rihannas followers like her because she's giving them good mood with her songs. At the same time 99.99% of Bankers followers are haters, they hate the Banker because they have to think about the money, how to return the loan.

What is the sense of what I've said above? YOu always have a choice - you can be a creator or a follower. When you're a creator you will have your own universe, and you'll have interesting options, you'll be able to extract profit inside our universe, expand your universe, change it's properties... If you're just a follower you will have just 2 choices 1) accept the rules proposed by creators and silently follow them 2) Try to change something with internet posts, meetings and such stupid actions. Create something new instead of trying to change something that has millions of followers, if it will be good - those millions will become your followers.

Majority of people don't even understand that they can start thousands of types of business at their desk with like $50 investments. Some things can be fully automated, few years ago I've tried and succeed in making 2 different automated production lines for less than $100 each, one for chemical process, other one for food industry, both of the processes can have added value and are easily expandable to larger scale. Both of the automated lines are desktop size... But do you really need such things? I guess that you need a new iphone for $1200, subscription to Netflix and juicy donuts each evening, and to blame someone that you don't have a Tesla... or i'm mistaken? It's hard to be a creator, you need to create and propose choices for the people, while it's easy to be a follower, you're just choosing from what's proposed, and yeah lol you can complain about the number and quality of choices... but why don't you do something better instead of supporting conspiracy theories, complaining, and searching for who is guilty in your problems?

The world is changing, it's 4th industrial revolution today... Fully automated factories already exist. Dyson launched such factory 2 years ago at Singapore. By the end of this 4th industrial revolution the world will be split into those who have robots\cobots or land or shares or talent and those who have nothing and will have to live at the street or in the forest. SO billions of people might lose their jobs, who they will blame? Electricity? Bankers? Mathematicians? Engineers? Shall we replace electronic relays and microprocessors back to human telephonists who will connect wires to help us make a call? Pizza wending machine creates pizza in 4 minutes at your eyes, fully automated, and fully automated car can supply it with flour and ingridients... It kills the pizza chef profession, pizza delivery guy, no need for accountant, janitor and such. What are you going to do about it? Will you blame the one who invented it? OR will you buy such machine cause it generates profit? OR will you create a better machine that creates pizza, hamburgers, ice cream and drinks all together in one machine? OR you will destroy such machine as soon as you'll see it, cause it's against the human race? :D:five:

Im sorry but alot of what you have said is hogwash(bullshit). Unless rich ive never understood anyone favoring the rich like you have in both your arguments. The chances of becoming rich without being born into it is almost as far out odds wise as hitting the lottery. In the US your not even middle class til your making 100k, yet people think they are well off making 50 to 100k a year when the top end of poverty level is at 38k.
Yes the greedy rich are to blame for for where we are.
How many millions of jobs have been lost to robots in auto industry and other industries or as cashiers(who are grossly underpaid as most jobs are) in stores that now have the self checkouts. All while the rich get richer and the working poor and poor get poorer. id personally love to see all those machines destroyed. Banker Ceo's make millions just in bonuses all while paying the tellers barely a wage to survive which is also true for most big companys. How many millions of jobs have been lost to overseas all in the name of greed? did prices go down? NOPE
75% of this country are below middle class yet our gov just gave the rich HUGE tax breaks. who pays for that ? the working poor.
Hell our military smart bombs and most smart technology isnt even made in this country cause of greed.
In the middle 70s on back the rich used to pay 43% of the taxes and now only pay 13% with all the loop holes and tax breaks.
Unless you hit the lottery or are a star sports player the chance of even being well off let alone rich is so far out of reach. if it wasnt then wed have a county of rich instead of working poor.
Hell i own my own company and trying to compete with illegals drives prices down on what i can charge for services cause otherwise they can hire the illegals for half what i charge and get it done twice as fast cause they are willing to live 20 per household or more. In 70s and 80s what you said might hold some water but not in todays world. It just dont

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting to see news on closures of offices for poker stars and articles that online poker is declining. Most sites have declined in free rolls. All but ACR, THEY SEEM TO BE STEPPING IT UP and pokerstars. Not really sure of party poker. How are you going to entice without freebees?

To suggest the decline is only happening online is false. Live play is dropping too. But at a much slower rate. Online is taking a hit and would love to hear why you think it might be?:thumpdown
It’s because the fn states want to dictate what u can do with your money. This is a real hot button for ne

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a) There's less competition between poker rooms and less off shoots of skins because there's less poker rooms. Back in the day (mid 2000's) there seemed to be new sites every other week. Party, Empire, True Poker, PS, Absolute, UB, FT, etc etc etc.
b) Each of these used to offer lucrative and stupidly easy rake requirement bonuses almost weekly.
c) You could take advantage of those because it was easy to move money around via wallets like NetTeller
d) the US market was still in play
Poker regulations, black friday, lack of fluid funds, lack of competition. And, they're all causes and syptoms of each other. That's why it's declining.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im sorry but alot of what you have said is hogwash(bullshit). Unless rich ive never understood anyone favoring the rich like you have in both your arguments. The chances of becoming rich without being born into it is almost as far out odds wise as hitting the lottery. In the US your not even middle class til your making 100k, yet people think they are well off making 50 to 100k a year when the top end of poverty level is at 38k.
Yes the greedy rich are to blame for for where we are.
How many millions of jobs have been lost to robots in auto industry and other industries or as cashiers(who are grossly underpaid as most jobs are) in stores that now have the self checkouts. All while the rich get richer and the working poor and poor get poorer. id personally love to see all those machines destroyed. Banker Ceo's make millions just in bonuses all while paying the tellers barely a wage to survive which is also true for most big companys. How many millions of jobs have been lost to overseas all in the name of greed? did prices go down? NOPE
75% of this country are below middle class yet our gov just gave the rich HUGE tax breaks. who pays for that ? the working poor.
Hell our military smart bombs and most smart technology isnt even made in this country cause of greed.
In the middle 70s on back the rich used to pay 43% of the taxes and now only pay 13% with all the loop holes and tax breaks.
Unless you hit the lottery or are a star sports player the chance of even being well off let alone rich is so far out of reach. if it wasnt then wed have a county of rich instead of working poor.
Hell i own my own company and trying to compete with illegals drives prices down on what i can charge for services cause otherwise they can hire the illegals for half what i charge and get it done twice as fast cause they are willing to live 20 per household or more. In 70s and 80s what you said might hold some water but not in todays world. It just dont

I live in Moldova, average salary here after taxes is approx $400 per month. Prices are much much cheaper than in Western Europe or in the USA/canada, you can rent a flat here with 1 room and kitchen for like 80$ per month. ALl food is organic and cheap, Internet is like $5 per month, unlimited and high speed, minimum 300Mb/s.

As for the rest...
We have the same price for car fuel like in the USA. Notebook/smartphone/robot/car/machine have the same price or little bit bigger then in USA... Now please tell me what is better? People here can afford to eat healthy organic food for cheap, such food costs much more in the US. medicine and education are almost free here too.. While at the same time people in the US can afford to buy more technological things per year than people here in Moldova, just because in absolute numbers their salaries are higher and these technological things have the same price around the world. So, if you clearly see what is better in your country, then why you're not using it for your own good? For your profit and wealth?

Let's say we have a person with $400 salary and another person with $4000 salary. And we have a CNC lathe/mill machine that costs 80K. This machine is able to turn/engrave/carve various materials wood/plastic/metals and so on. So it's able to produce (automatically) many different items, that can be sold with added value. Which one of these 2 persons is closer to buying this "perfect worker" or "electronic slave" ? The one with $400 salary or the one with $4K salary?

We live in 21st century in a massive and always expanding world of information. What was good 10 years ago is not good today, and what is good today will not be good in 4 years from this moment. Some people are still not getting it... 4th technological revolution is in process, it was predicted more than 100 years ago, society needs socialism and communism, or humans will start eating each other because machines will replace all jobs and those who have machines will survive, while those who work for salaries or have business in fields that can be replaced by machines are in danger. Obvious signs of communism = 1) no money needed 2) no government needed. This world have never seen communism, even during cold war western propaganda was spreading the terrible news about "soviet communists" but in fact USSR = United Soviet SOCIALISTIC Republics, Communism has never happened there... Today in China communist party is also a myth, cause they have same capitalism as western world has, with only difference that it's regulated by government. And it works better than western model of capitalism.

Anyway, back to reality. We live in capitalism, during technological revolution. It can't be stopped. If you can't beat it - join it. That's what I did. I've learned 3d modelling, programming, welding, metalworking and electronics about 3 years ago, created and sold many cnc machines, routers, lathes, laser engravers and plasma cutting tables, i've quit it and use machines to craft items that i can sell, i turn cheap wood logs into expensive carved kitchen furniture... In my position, with and average salary around = $400 and when furniture set costs $3K+ around the world, it's obvious that it's good to be in position of the one who pays salaries instead of being in position of the one who works for salaries. I had a web design business in past, hired designers and programmers locally. Had translations office. Had share in a restaurant. and what I've learned from it? Is that if something is not working well then you can try to improve it and push it as far as you can, if it's still not working then leave it and find something new. That new thing is always exciting and gives a feeling that you're living a life. It was a nice time for me when customers from different countries paid nice money for a website, but one day wordpress + joomla + other content management systems proposed a cheap $50 solution for anyone who wants to build a website... then facebook proposed a free web page for anyone. It's a hard time for those who expect to earn $5K for making a website for customer. The same thing is happening in all areas today. That wave of technology is unstoppable, you have to ride it or it will swallow you.

You're saying that you would love to see all the machines being destroyed.... Would you prefer to ride a horse? Or run at your feet better? Cause horse is also a technology.

Do you know about the problem of the lion?

Lion lives a happy life, he isn't greedy, he isn't killing animals around him all day long. He relaxes and sleeps for 20 hours and when he wakes up he goes for hunting, He hunts down a zebra and it will be enough food for a week.

One day Lion thought: Hey, but why I can't spent 2 days and hunt down 52 zebras so I can spend a year relaxing and having enough food for 52 weeks? So he did it, He killed 52 zebras. 8 days later he realized that he has to save meat somehow, put it in a cold place. Lion realized that he needs a large fridge!!! But to build a fridge he also needs copper, plastic, electricity... for such things he needs institutes for the scientists and engineers, he needs roads, he needs trucks and ground digging machines...

So my Question is - DO YOU HAVE A FRIDGE?

IF YOU DO HAVE A FRIDGE, THEN YOU'RE PLAYING THE GAME.

What game is it?

It's artificial selection.

You need something better than zebra hunting skill in order to win and keep winning in this game. it might be knowledge/technology, it might be good allies, it might be power or resource, it might be talent. I.d.k. each human has something, 95-99% don't care or don't know about it and will never use this "something". Does it makes them bad? Nope, they're just different.

What makes bankers or technological oligarchs like Bill Gates evil? Banker generates money from air, Bill Gates generates money from air (he's copy/pasting his software for money)... OK OK He's selling you a CD or DVD, but Bankers also giving you some papers... LOL? They're winners in the game. Why not follow their methods? The main thing is that they're providing a service(product) for the society and society needs/wants/likes it. Is it hard to do the same? is it hard to provide 20-50-100 products at the same time today? Nope it's not hard. Survival is our main instinct, one survives living in the box at the street, other one survives in Maybach during his ride to his villa, where he can hunt pheasants and deers at his backyard. Let's not waste time being jealous about other peoples survival methods and concentrate on our own methods and what useful can we do for the society so that it will start paying back with good money.:wavey:

S

shwyga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
новички приходят, депозитят и проигрывая весь депозит, думают что это лохотрон

S

shwyga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
newcomers come, deposit and losing the entire deposit, they think that this is a scam

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker could be a lot bigger. I think a lot of players have just lost hope in it. After a decade of losses and countless bad beats, I think some have wised up. It's just the same players at the same tables. I play on BCP, and the Omaha 8 tables consist of the same 4 winning players. I've always had a hope of joining the higher stakes tables, but I can't get much going. My younger and reckless self would do anything to sit at one of those tables. I play online, but I've more than lost my faith in it. What happened to rakeback? The deposit bonuses used to be much easier to obtain. It's not like it used to be.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in Moldova, average salary here after taxes is approx $400 per month. Prices are much much cheaper than in Western Europe or in the USA/Canada, you can rent a flat here with 1 room and kitchen for like 80$ per month. ALl food is organic and cheap, Internet is like $5 per month, unlimited and high speed, minimum 300Mb/s.

As for the rest...
We have the same price for car fuel like in the USA. Notebook/smartphone/robot/car/machine have the same price or little bit bigger then in USA... Now please tell me what is better? People here can afford to eat healthy organic food for cheap, such food costs much more in the US. medicine and education are almost free here too.. While at the same time people in the US can afford to buy more technological things per year than people here in Moldova, just because in absolute numbers their salaries are higher and these technological things have the same price around the world. So, if you clearly see what is better in your country, then why you're not using it for your own good? For your profit and wealth?

Let's say we have a person with $400 salary and another person with $4000 salary. And we have a CNC lathe/mill machine that costs 80K. This machine is able to turn/engrave/carve various materials wood/plastic/metals and so on. So it's able to produce (automatically) many different items, that can be sold with added value. Which one of these 2 persons is closer to buying this "perfect worker" or "electronic slave" ? The one with $400 salary or the one with $4K salary?

We live in 21st century in a massive and always expanding world of information. What was good 10 years ago is not good today, and what is good today will not be good in 4 years from this moment. Some people are still not getting it... 4th technological revolution is in process, it was predicted more than 100 years ago, society needs socialism and communism, or humans will start eating each other because machines will replace all jobs and those who have machines will survive, while those who work for salaries or have business in fields that can be replaced by machines are in danger. Obvious signs of communism = 1) no money needed 2) no government needed. This world have never seen communism, even during cold war western propaganda was spreading the terrible news about "soviet communists" but in fact USSR = United Soviet SOCIALISTIC Republics, Communism has never happened there... Today in China communist party is also a myth, cause they have same capitalism as western world has, with only difference that it's regulated by government. And it works better than western model of capitalism.

Anyway, back to reality. We live in capitalism, during technological revolution. It can't be stopped. If you can't beat it - join it. That's what I did. I've learned 3d modelling, programming, welding, metalworking and electronics about 3 years ago, created and sold many cnc machines, routers, lathes, laser engravers and plasma cutting tables, i've quit it and use machines to craft items that i can sell, i turn cheap wood logs into expensive carved kitchen furniture... In my position, with and average salary around = $400 and when furniture set costs $3K+ around the world, it's obvious that it's good to be in position of the one who pays salaries instead of being in position of the one who works for salaries. I had a web design business in past, hired designers and programmers locally. Had translations office. Had share in a restaurant. and what I've learned from it? Is that if something is not working well then you can try to improve it and push it as far as you can, if it's still not working then leave it and find something new. That new thing is always exciting and gives a feeling that you're living a life. It was a nice time for me when customers from different countries paid nice money for a website, but one day wordpress + joomla + other content management systems proposed a cheap $50 solution for anyone who wants to build a website... then facebook proposed a free web page for anyone. It's a hard time for those who expect to earn $5K for making a website for customer. The same thing is happening in all areas today. That wave of technology is unstoppable, you have to ride it or it will swallow you.

You're saying that you would love to see all the machines being destroyed.... Would you prefer to ride a horse? Or run at your feet better? Cause horse is also a technology.

Do you know about the problem of the lion?

Lion lives a happy life, he isn't greedy, he isn't killing animals around him all day long. He relaxes and sleeps for 20 hours and when he wakes up he goes for hunting, He hunts down a zebra and it will be enough food for a week.

One day Lion thought: Hey, but why I can't spent 2 days and hunt down 52 zebras so I can spend a year relaxing and having enough food for 52 weeks? So he did it, He killed 52 zebras. 8 days later he realized that he has to save meat somehow, put it in a cold place. Lion realized that he needs a large fridge!!! But to build a fridge he also needs copper, plastic, electricity... for such things he needs institutes for the scientists and engineers, he needs roads, he needs trucks and ground digging machines...

So my Question is - DO YOU HAVE A FRIDGE?

IF YOU DO HAVE A FRIDGE, THEN YOU'RE PLAYING THE GAME.

What game is it?

It's artificial selection.

You need something better than zebra hunting skill in order to win and keep winning in this game. it might be knowledge/technology, it might be good allies, it might be power or resource, it might be talent. I.d.k. each human has something, 95-99% don't care or don't know about it and will never use this "something". Does it makes them bad? Nope, they're just different.

What makes bankers or technological oligarchs like Bill Gates evil? Banker generates money from air, Bill Gates generates money from air (he's copy/pasting his software for money)... OK OK He's selling you a CD or DVD, but Bankers also giving you some papers... LOL? They're winners in the game. Why not follow their methods? The main thing is that they're providing a service(product) for the society and society needs/wants/likes it. Is it hard to do the same? is it hard to provide 20-50-100 products at the same time today? Nope it's not hard. Survival is our main instinct, one survives living in the box at the street, other one survives in Maybach during his ride to his villa, where he can hunt pheasants and deers at his backyard. Let's not waste time being jealous about other peoples survival methods and concentrate on our own methods and what useful can we do for the society so that it will start paying back with good money.:wavey:

I get most of what your saying but the opportunities just arent there for 95% of us. Before greed took over Auto Industry had people working in every aspect of the company, there were no robots no computers etc!! and they Thrived!! They built alot of vehicle and sold ALOT cause people made a living wage at most jobs, Greed hadnt taken over yet. Even the guy at the gas station pumping gas and washing windows could afford a new car house etc... and that was when gas was 20 something cents a gallon or less. In the 50's 60's and 70's it was all roughly the same price per barrel(actually higher in 50's then 70's) at average $25 per barrel. Its currently 54 a barrel yet prices at the pump arent 50 cents a gallon, why ? Cause of greed at the top
In the 70s Warehouse workers brought home more then they do today why? cause of greed at the top yet again. as i stated already Ten and hundreds of millions of jobs have been sent to very low wage countries and 3rd world countries all in the name of greed. The CEO's and those at the top made HUGE money here yet took it over seas instead of keeping up with there own inflation(cost of products to buy) and paying people living wages. Cause heaven forbid they not have that 15th house or trip of the year.

Now i dont agree with your Russia and China assesments. Communism/dictatorships keep people down thru force. Not having free will to speak what they wish or die if they do. making sure they only get just enough to live on food medical etc...

Socialism on the other hand is not communism. Not even remotely close
Take Denmark for example. At mcdonalds which is fast food they start employees off at 21 an hour and the cost of meals are still cheaper then they are here in the USA. Yes they are taxed at a higher rate but Health care is free, schools are free and people(and pay kids and adults to goto school) who are unemployed are given checks(weekly or monthly id have to look again.) and services to help them find work. If mcdonalds starts off at that what do other fields pay? More !! Exactly. what does mcdonals start off here at? 7.25 an hour in states that havent adopted the new minimum wage of 15 an hour. If that doesnt show greed nothing else can or will.
Since your country is small im sure there are opportunities as you have described but here if you try to start some of those things you described theres hundreds if not tens of thousands already doing them.
Even those who started the technology in the early days there parents had money otherwise they wouldnt have been able to afford there failures before making APPLE or Computers etc...wasnt no bank going to loan any guys money on this new computer thingy LOL for a chop to build them at poduction team etc...

Bottom line is (they say 1% ill say 50 t0 10%) the top 1 to 10% own 99% of all the money and possibilities in the world and it will not be poor eat the poor when the SH*t hits the fans. The poor will go after all those who own it all.
But greed is ruining everything til that happens.The rich get richer while the poor get poorer and soon there will be no middle class(which is down to 15%) left.

While i applaud your optimism and being able to do the things you have done in your country its just not feasible here. The old saying applies. It takes money to make money!!

Same goes for these poker sites. Instead of using there power to get it world wide again they would rather put it to those who can still play. They can do exactly what they want , program things exactly the way they want them cause whos regulating them? No one.
many times a day back when i played at Pokerstars etc they had $500 free rolls going off every couple hours, They offered lucrative reload bonuses. what do they do now? Rig games for max action to keep those who play horribly around. Offer no decent reload bonuses and only one of the 4 sites that US players can play at offer a measely $10 freeroll for 600 players plus LFMAO and couple of them say you have to deposit to even use winnings to play(intertops and?)
The PPA has failed US players miserably, with all the donated funds they took in there was basically no effort at all. why cause they wasnt willing to give to the pockets of our politicians like the brick and mortars are and was willing to.

Rant over , sorry for my long post as well.
Look forward to seeing you on the felt!!!

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker is definitely declining for many of reasons old and new, but I feel like poker in general has and still is declining. When I started playing 10 plus years ago, poker was huge, it was everywhere you couldn't even turn on the t.v without seeing it everywhere.So many good games with a lot beginners and easy competition now is very different and it just seems like it has and is still declining. I hope something happens to make it great like it once was but its kind of been a dying game for years. We need something like the moneymaker effect again, Just something, anything.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Online poker is definitely declining for many of reasons old and new, but I feel like poker in general has and still is declining. When I started playing 10 plus years ago, poker was huge, it was everywhere you couldn't even turn on the t.v without seeing it everywhere.So many good games with a lot beginners and easy competition now is very different and it just seems like it has and is still declining. I hope something happens to make it great like it once was but its kind of been a dying game for years. We need something like the moneymaker effect again, Just something, anything.

Sadly, the poker boom was an unique incident where several factors happened around 2003 (Television; Card Cams inventions; Moneymakers win in wsop; online sites grew, poker got covered in media; got popular among celebrities and gamblers; USA and the rest of the west could play everywhere and so on and so on).

Unless you invent a new game the players won't come back, And if the new game is so complicated that AI and bots can't beat humans, most humans will not invest the time to learn it.

During the years I played almost every day (2003-20014) I never even consider playing for play money since I was in it to win money and the players where horrible at lower stakes.

Since I have retired and have almost no money left online I have sometimes now tested play money on Pokerstars (if I'm waiting for some process to finish on my computer so I can't concentrate on other work for example).

There are people today that plays pretty correct and take Play Money serious. PLAY MONEY!!!

Online people may play casino-like tournaments for fun (and free-rolls). But for cash games I only see LIVE play as an alternative for serious players that want to win some real money by skill and not just luck.

Be happy what you could play during the golden years of poker. It won't come back.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
a) There's less competition between poker rooms and less off shoots of skins because there's less poker rooms. Back in the day (mid 2000's) there seemed to be new sites every other week. Party, Empire, True Poker, PS, Absolute, UB, FT, etc etc etc.
b) Each of these used to offer lucrative and stupidly easy rake requirement bonuses almost weekly.
c) You could take advantage of those because it was easy to move money around via wallets like NetTeller
d) the US market was still in play
Poker regulations, black friday, lack of fluid funds, lack of competition. And, they're all causes and syptoms of each other. That's why it's declining.

Yes! ^

Black Friday was obviously the biggest blow to online poker but even prior to this with the introduction of the UIGEA in 2006, it became very difficult for the sites to process U.S.A. player's deposits, eventually leading to the huge fallout to FTP & others.

If USA players were legally able to deposit & play with R.O.W. players there would be another boom for sure.

Y

yunir3262

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In Russia in the last year alone, 5 poker rooms have been opened in Russia.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way to beat a rigged game is not to play it. If online poker was legalized and regulated here in the states it would boom again.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Inclining or declining what do I care? I'm just trying to get better at a game where fish do still exist.

If anything, for me, my play is increasing actually. I'm at the highest 30-day average for hours streamed:

773cd86f2e1fb3d57f70ad28fd9b6915.png

Beyond that, if players are declining, that's the best time to get into the industry. Especially if the players are leaving are regulars. That means there's more fish for the rest of us.