Why do players not chat anymore?

1player1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like to chat during the game
I respect that. But playing games are also supposed to have a social element, and that has almost dissapeared. I think it is a pity.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, for example, I am not very sociable in life. And even more so with no acquaintances.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not chatting anymore

I think it's because of the new option at pokerstars. Where you can play horizontally with your phone, the chat mode will be then disabled.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the chat that I have encountered is from nincomepoops who just run off at the mouth. The talk the big talk but cannot walk the big walk. Love to see them lose !!!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know but I guess one hand gets stronger.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find having the chat box open is a great way to pick up tells, most of it is toxic too. I never chat myself as all the poker talk in the world can be found right here on CC.

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to chat, but unfortunately because there are so many obnoxious tools on the internet, it's just simpler and more pleasant to chat at home with friends than deal with the rotten apples. Sad.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently, communication began to distract me from the game, the whole difficulty lies in the fact that I do not know English well and, most importantly, there is no automatic translation in the poker rooms. And so I was a big fan of chatting at the poker tables. It is a pity that poker rooms still do not provide such an excellent opportunity to communicate to players from different countries, simply by installing an automatic translation in the game client !!!

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot play multiple tables now, pretty business like style as well. We've all seen the screenshots of them having 10-15 tables or more open. Trying to chat as well? Not a chance. With that percentage no longer chatting, less for the rest of us to engage, so the more casual chatters who only, or rarely (Like me), chat in response to other chatters, means even less chatting.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More ppl multitasking on the internet these days

1player1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also noticed from my own play, that I don't chat if I'm busy with other things on the internet while playing poker. A lot of your answers indicate the same.
So we do still chat, but share the chat on many applications like social media applications.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to "chat" on Cardschat and other chat/discussion sites/forums. poker sites seems to me to be for playing poker.

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Inadequate players. Once some guy was so rude to me when I won, :eek::confused::mad:then I was very upset and didn't want to play anymore.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
There are several reasons: he can play on the phone and then it's harder to write, he can play at several tables at once and he doesn't have time for other actions, maybe there are too many discussions in which he argues and there is no point in he writes something else, and others

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing online poker some years ago, there was a lot of chat at the the tables.
Today players do not chat much.
Why?

Maybe because some players sometimes use the chat for trying to lead opponents to tilt 🤔

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't leave messages on PokerStar's chat for some reason.
Maybe I disable it in the options long ago? I only remember for sure that I turn off these annoying throwing animations. Too lazy to check since I don't need it to play...

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They play on many tables and don’t watch the chat in the meantime. Or do more of everything while watching TV, radio, youtube and other unnecessary attention-grabbing activities. So next to that, it’s really hard to focus on chat. :D

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
1) multi-tabling and multi-rooming - it's inconvenient to type in chat if the focus is being taken by some other table constantly, and you're typing in the different window or adjusting bet-sizings as a result

2) there are only two English-speaking countries left in the world pool, so try to chat in another language on top of the first point I made

3) In addition to the above, if your language is not based on the Latin script, you have to learn the whole new system of blind typing on the same level of speed to do so.

4) We're playing poker, that is supposed to be your primary focus, and first three points take so much of your focus, to the point of becoming your only focus, while the benefits of chatting are unclear if there are any at all.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually multiple tables. But occasionally I like to chat. Your right though, back in the day chat was blowing up.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why talk at the game if we communicate here)))

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only chat in CC games all others have chat off because no one has anything nice to say.