Why do players not chat anymore?

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
because the ideal is to focus on the game and not the conversations, and you can be playing several tables at the same time.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Opinion

Yes, I have noticed this trend in online poker. I think the players' reluctance to communicate is due to the general anger of the people over the pandemic.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not agree. They talk and not only about poker. During tournaments, of course, less.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never like chating during the game. I think it's annoying. Players like to play multitable so don't have time to chat with others.

gery

gery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are afraid that the will tell some informations over there written words in chat, if i have something to say i write in chats.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
one enters the poker rooms precisely to play, not to generally start conversations
or to be talking because I think that should deconcentrate, but if from time to time when I am playing I see that a conversation starts and there they start talking at length sometimes friendly and sometimes with insults and offenses and topics generally
That they deal with poker, I don't care I never chat but I don't criticize or question those who do it. I think that everyone does what they want.

K

Kaothi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have also a problem with the size of the chat window. Another problem is the fact, that you can't always write and so you have to wait or being stopped while tipping. So sometimes I write the message in the search bar of my browser, when I really want to tell something, and copy & paste it in the chat.

I

iLoV3P0ker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm multitabling and i think i chat only when i'm playing HU on Sunday Million final table.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some players still Chat in Live games and on-line, the only difference is on-line you have to take your eye's off the action to type messages, if you are like me and are a two finger typist.
Not everyone is a short hand typist who can type 50 word's a minute, and also if someone shoves all-in before you hit the Enter key, your message disappears before you can send it. So you have to re-type it all out again. Bummer! :deal:

When the fun Stops, STOP!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
sometimes when you have nice people at the table it is fun to chat but that rarely happens that you have nice people at the table with whom you can chat. But I am not a child of sadness because I myself stopped taking care of the chat a long time ago. I remember that it was fun to chat with the people at the table but also how some people behave so wrongly and insult people because they have lost. And sometimes not because they lost, but simply because they enjoy insulting people. It doesn't matter to me whether to chat or not, but if someone would like that so much then just have a look who is at his table and if there are nice people then you will definitely find someone when they have time to chat. Vorrausgestzt of course that is not just on multi-tabling or maybe outside of the game just chatting with others or or ...

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on PokerStars PA and because it only has players who live in PA there seems to be some good chat going on. I never see people chatting on ACR
I noticed this too. I used to play on ACR and it was radio silence the whole time. I play on BetOnline now and there's a lot more chatter and trash talk. I have no idea why. Might just be the interface. Still its a far cry from the Full Tilt and poker stars days where you had to stand in line to make a comment. I do miss that.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most likely the player is playing several tables at the same time

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I also think, that the most players do not chat anymore because of multi-tabling, language barriers or if they do not want to be distracted by any trolls, who are bothering at the tables.
Actually, I like to chat with the CC players, but sometimes I just can't do it, when I play too many tables, because I tile them on my screen and then the chat window becomes so small, so that it is hardly readable.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah think multi-tabling as many have said makes it difficult. I try and chat in CC games if people are chatting but normally in 3 other games at the same time. But some sites do not even allow chat such as unibet.

J

JOHNNYROD143

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably running multi table. Also the culture has changed I feel like in the past people interacted more via chat

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most players didn't due to multi-tabling along with watching poker streamer (being active in their chat).

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the multi-table thing is a major factor, and also, specifically with ACR, the chat doesn't work a good part of the time, so I almost don't bother anymore, unless it's in a CardsChat game and even then, half the time, it doesn't work.

In open field games, I don't bother.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
People will try to throw your game off it just dont wnd well I just get frustrated throws my game off so I get involved in chatting no more I watch TV or listen sone music got to keep my mind on and off the game I play better like that

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't speak for everyone but the reason that I don't chat while playing online is that I'm trying to watch the table and the players and I can't do that while I'm chatting. I have to concentrate on the game, if I'm playing in person then it's much easier to do both but not online.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually have my chats off along with alot of stuff so idk. I don't pay attention to it either but alot of players are in multiple games and that could be a reason too. I don't talk unless its trash talk to mess with players if they are complaining or crying bout something. Good luck.

Angel v rai

Angel v rai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This distracts from the game. And you need to focus on her. I think this is wrong. I would like to communicate sometimes.