What Online Poker Game Format is Profitable for You?

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like tournaments, and progressive KO's for me are the best.
The PKO's are among my favourites as well. I like the added value of making money even though you may not finish "In the Money"! The players are also very willing to fight over the short stack, which can often lead to a tripple or quadripple up :D

A very all-round exciting format!

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I tend to stick to SNGs or MTTs, with SNGs being more profitable for me so far. But they say SNGs can get boring with time. I prefer these formats to cash games and my gut feeling is that other game formats can be less profitable and include a bigger element of luck.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to stick to SNGs or MTTs, with SNGs being more profitable for me so far. But they say SNGs can get boring with time. I prefer these formats to cash games and my gut feeling is that other game formats can be less profitable and include a bigger element of luck.
It is good to find what works and stick to it. ;)

I find myself playing cash games rather often now because I do not have much time. it is a bit swingy but I think I am getting the hang of it to run profitably. :)

Like you, I prefer MTTs since the return can be so much bidder than your buy-in. The PKOs and Mystery Bounty Tournaments are my favourite. I have had a Mystery Bounty on my head but yet to get the top bounty off someone. I am patient though and enjoying the ride. My day will come! ;)

Just be sure to take proper records so that you can check on your returns based on game type. This allows you to stop the money drainers and focus on earners.

Keep exploring and dive in when you are sure.

Cheers!

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
tournaments with 200-600 participants

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tournaments with 200-600 participants
Sounds like a huge prize pool. Deep runs are definitely profitable in those! Does the format matter to you? PKO , Bounty, normal, Mystery?

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like regular MTT tournaments. I don't like fast game, I like slow tournaments where I can achieve the desired result thanks to my patience.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello Poker fans,

I have been searching for an oline poker game that is economical and fun. I think I finally found two formats that work well for me!

The really enjoy the Mystery Bounty format and the Progressive Knockout (PKO)format. Then I got a great combination PKO SNAP tournament format which is fast and very enjoyable. Guess what? ...

View attachment 335264

I experienced success at it too and my second try....

What are your favourite online poker games?

Let us know so we can try it out. I am on the hunt for profitable games to get my bankroll up there! I am yet to fid a nice game on Pokerstars but think I will try the Zoom tournament format :) Any other suggestions?

You can also check out my Journey here - Zero Bankroll Builder Challenge - what a grind it has been but the discipline is paying off big time!
I like Mystery Bounty and PKO too, as you can make more money in them by knocking out players than just hitting the prize zone. Congratulations on a solid win by the way. :cool: I also like any format where I make money. :ROFLMAO:

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just played my first bounty tournament, finished in 7th out of 75 entrants. Lot of fun..

View attachment 358575

This was my demise..

Well done!

When I saw that spade fall on the river, I had a feeling a top pair, set or two-pair got cracked! What were your hole cards?

I have made the final table once or twice but have no luck with those bounties. I have to risk more often I suppose :(

Did you ever have the Mystery Bounty on your head? I did at one time and it was painful - was definitely a good day to win the whole darn thing :D

Keep going - the format is worth it. At least I think so :D

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think MTT, those are the best.
Yup, I agree with you.

If played well and consistently - eventually you will go deep and many times probably min-cash. MTTs are definitely what keeps my bankroll growing. It does take time though, before landing that memorable huge cash-out! :D

I am still waiting to win that elusive Mystery Bounty!

Have fun and keep playing what works for you (y)

Ogma

Ogma

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Well done!

When I saw that spade fall on the river, I had a feeling a top pair, set or two-pair got cracked! What were your hole cards?

I have made the final table once or twice but have no luck with those bounties. I have to risk more often I suppose :(

Did you ever have the Mystery Bounty on your head? I did at one time and it was painful - was definitely a good day to win the whole darn thing :D

Cheers. I had AQ, ace of spades.

Will definitely play again, when time and opportunity allow.

You're right, you do end up taking risks you wouldn't otherwise take in chasing that bounty on someone's head. eg, calling a raise with a rag ace. Not great for forming good poker habits.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cheers. I had AQ, ace of spades.

Will definitely play again, when time and opportunity allow.

You're right, you do end up taking risks you wouldn't otherwise take in chasing that bounty on someone's head. eg, calling a raise with a rag ace. Not great for forming good poker habits.
As long as as have the villain covered in a one-on-one flip with decent cards, I shout - "for the bounty!" and throw caution to the wind :)

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I only play mtt and at the moment it's going quite well. But I never really tried other formats.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play mtt and at the moment it's going quite well. But I never really tried other formats.
If it is not broken, then do not fix it :D

Keep doing what works and if you do try other things - do so within your Bankroll Management Limits and you will be fine!

Have you tried the Mystery Bounty Tournaments?

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If it is not broken, then do not fix it :D

Keep doing what works and if you do try other things - do so within your Bankroll Management Limits and you will be fine!

Have you tried the Mystery Bounty Tournaments?
Yes, in fact mystery bountys is one of my favorite tournaments. But unfortunately I still haven't managed to get a big bounty. It's coming. hahaa. Thanks and good luck.

Silversurfer99

Silversurfer99

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The only "profitable" format is freerolls i`m afraid..

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only "profitable" format is freerolls i`m afraid..
:ROFLMAO: It is a great way to invest your time and keep growing your bankroll. That is how I got started - check out my Zero Bankroll Challenge . Playing poker started out as a hobby but now I'm thinking it may be a great way to spend my retirement years! Have fun and earn money.

How did you get into poker?

What are your goals?

Look forward to hearing your story!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I chose the format for myself and it is freerolls :)
These tournaments are the most profitable for me, especially our CardsChat freerolls. I don't like to spend my own money on entertainment, but I am happy to spend my girlfriend's or my friends' money. I'm not stingy, I'm just quite pragmatic :)
Good luck :)

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi :)
I chose the format for myself and it is freerolls :)
These tournaments are the most profitable for me, especially our CardsChat freerolls. I don't like to spend my own money on entertainment, but I am happy to spend my girlfriend's or my friends' money. I'm not stingy, I'm just quite pragmatic :)
Good luck :)
I feel you on that.

Have you set any freeroll goals? It really helped me to stay motivated and grow my bankroll. Check out my Zero Bankroll Builder :).

I am still working on some goals but regrouping right now and probably have to get my funds from pokerstars to 888Poker.

In the near future, I will be putting more effort into the Mystery Bounty Tournaments.

Any success stories to share with us?

Sullivanryn88

Sullivanryn88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play majority of my games on BOL, typically been having success with the windfall 3 man tourneys, pretty soft play, also I've enjoyed Omaha cash tables with success. Whichever anyone's choice is I wish everyone luck and success today.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
used to be shortdeck, but ggpoker is the most stupid site ever since this year.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well done!

This...was a play money tournament no?

Top 10 Games