What Online Poker Game Format is Profitable for You?

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Poker fans,

I have been searching for an oline poker game that is economical and fun. I think I finally found two formats that work well for me!

The really enjoy the Mystery Bounty format and the Progressive Knockout (PKO)format. Then I got a great combination PKO SNAP tournament format which is fast and very enjoyable. Guess what? ...

I experienced success at it too and my second try....

What are your favourite online poker games?

Let us know so we can try it out. I am on the hunt for profitable games to get my bankroll up there! I am yet to fid a nice game on pokerstars but think I will try the Zoom tournament format :) Any other suggestions?

You can also check out my Journey here - Zero Bankroll Builder Challenge - what a grind it has been but the discipline is paying off big time!

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
I always like satties to majors and big mtts . Besides that 90 man sngs also I like . Pkos can be very profitable only can understand the ko game well. I am not at all good in those pkos

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always like satties to majors and big mtts . Besides that 90 man sngs also I like . Pkos can be very profitable only can understand the ko game well. I am not at all good in those pkos
I play the freebuy satellites when I have a long tourney in progress but I always feel those are a lottery / shove-fest :( . They are fun though and I have come really close to qualifying a few times.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like pko trny's, as well. They can be fun as well as profitable. I was in one earlier tonight. I only knocked out 3 players and finished around 50 or so but I had fun so no regrets.
I think my favorite format are sng's. 8-9 player tournaments are also in my gaming wheelhouse.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really like sit&go players 9 and 45, but I confess that the bounty tournaments are quite fun!

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
I really like sit&go players 9 and 45, but I confess that the bounty tournaments are quite fun!
Same. Love those progressive KO's on PS, wish I had the bankroll to play them.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
18 player sit & goes is my go to for making profit.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I have better results in turbo tournaments. I know I'm not profitable playing cash games.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello Poker fans,

I have been searching for an oline poker game that is economical and fun. I think I finally found two formats that work well for me!

The really enjoy the Mystery Bounty format and the Progressive Knockout (PKO)format. Then I got a great combination PKO SNAP tournament format which is fast and very enjoyable. Guess what? ...

View attachment 335264

Let us know so we can try it out. I am on the hunt for profitable games to get my bankroll up there! I am yet to fid a nice game on Pokerstars but think I will try the Zoom tournament format :) Any other suggestions?

You can also check out my Journey here - Zero Bankroll Builder Challenge - what a grind it has been but the discipline is paying off big time!
I play zoom at Pokerstars and I really like it. In general, I play cash games at all poker rooms and I can say that they are the most profitable for me.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play zoom at Pokerstars and I really like it. In general, I play cash games at all poker rooms and I can say that they are the most profitable for me.

I dabble in cash games from time to time if there is a promotion but it can really sting at times if playing the wrong level based on your bankroll.

Remind me again, how does one determine the right cash game stakes based on their bankroll?

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I have better results in turbo tournaments. I know I'm not profitable playing cash games.
I have never played cash games for a very long period but can hold my own. Turbo tournaments, I avoid as it can turn into a shove fest more often than not. Deep stacked tournaments and those that allow re-buys are a lot more forgiving in my books :). I an loving PKO's now and will continue with them to see how my bankroll does.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
progressive KO's is very interesting, it has many possibilities.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You need to have a minimum of 30 buy-ins for the limit you are playing, or even better, a minimum of 50 buy-ins. For example, to play NL10 you need to have a bankroll of $500+.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me the Bounty hunter games are by far the most profitable, I have made money just from bounties alone, in some of the bigger Tournaments, but even the 9 player games can give you more than just winning the game, They are usually faster than the normal 9 player Sit and Go and when you collect a bounty for each player you beat it soon adds up,
I actually organised a Christmas Special at our local Pub where we paid £10 each for the buy-in and the Landlord put up a £100 added to the prize pool so with 5X tables of 8 players we had a bounty pool of £200 and a prize pool of £300. We had so many players that night we ran out of Chips and every player that took out another player got £5 a head, So some players made their buy-in back even if they didn't make the Final Table.
It really was a fun night had by everyone and the Lads enjoyed it so much they asked for more events like that.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My favorite tournaments are exclusively all those where there is a bounty to win.

If you're lucky you'll win something even before you hit the money and they're really exciting when the bounties are increasing.:love:

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
progressive KO's is very interesting, it has many possibilities.
I like the fact that there is a chance of making money even though you get knocked out before the money. :)

Of late, I have been trying to improve my knockouts and being very selective in who I go up against. Picking on smaller stacks is important as they are forced to shove to stay in the hand. :)

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite tournaments are exclusively all those where there is a bounty to win.

If you're lucky you'll win something even before you hit the money and they're really exciting when the bounties are increasing.:love:
I agree, those progressive knockouts are great. At the final table, there are usually some very juicy bounties.

There was one time, I got to the final table with little over one dollar on my head but everyone else had $5.00 and up. As a target, I was probably not on their radar but everyone was on mine :) .

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the Bounty hunter games are by far the most profitable, I have made money just from bounties alone, in some of the bigger Tournaments, but even the 9 player games can give you more than just winning the game, They are usually faster than the normal 9 player Sit and Go and when you collect a bounty for each player you beat it soon adds up,
I actually organised a Christmas Special at our local Pub where we paid £10 each for the buy-in and the Landlord put up a £100 added to the prize pool so with 5X tables of 8 players we had a bounty pool of £200 and a prize pool of £300. We had so many players that night we ran out of Chips and every player that took out another player got £5 a head, So some players made their buy-in back even if they didn't make the Final Table.
It really was a fun night had by everyone and the Lads enjoyed it so much they asked for more events like that.
Which poker site has the Bounty Hunger Games? Hope it is PokerStars, need to get into some action over there and increase my bankroll!

A bounty game is a great idea for our local poker night. I will run it by the guys :).

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Profitable are also fishy mtts with overlay and sunday players and so on, maybe tourneys are the softest format nowadays.
SNGs are "solved" and cash games always very tough.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello Poker fans,

View attachment 335264

Let us know so we can try it out. I am on the hunt for profitable games to get my bankroll up there! I am yet to fid a nice game on Pokerstars but think I will try the Zoom tournament format :) Any other suggestions?

Did you draw such a conclusion based on your statistics?
..... For what period do you evaluate your results?
I believe that it is necessary to make an assessment based on the number of tournaments played, and in my opinion there should be at least 100 of them.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really like the bouty builders' knockouts. I can make a good profit with them.

Top 10 Games