What Online Poker Game Format is Profitable for You?

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree on playinh PKO + mystery bounty tourneys, they're really profitable and enjoyable as well

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it's also the pko tournaments that I do better and in specific turbo tournaments I think it must be because there are a lot of crazy players

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
That looks awesome, wish I could play there... I do like KO games, also like pl08 cash games👍

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree on playinh PKO + mystery bounty tourneys, they're really profitable and enjoyable as well
Progressive Knock Outs are definitely a blast. I like the avenue of making money even though you do not finish "in the money". A few good knockouts and the tourney is paid in full! :D

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it's also the pko tournaments that I do better and in specific turbo tournaments I think it must be because there are a lot of crazy players
Poker would not be as exciting or profitable without the gun-slingers - it just hurts when they get lucky and then hand your money to someone else :D

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That looks awesome, wish I could play there... I do like KO games, also like pl08 cash games👍
Play where - on 888Poker?

I am not familiar with pl08 - is that Pot Limit Omaha?

PLO feels like poker with training wheels :D I am strictly NLH for now.

My enjoyment of other variations leaves much to be desired, but I have tried.

Variety is the spice of life does not extend to the poker table for me :D

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I typically look for the highest GTD tournaments with the longer blinds, I do better with longer blinds than in a turbo.
I definitely love deep-stack tournaments that start with 100BB+. There is no pressure to shove, allowing one can wait for the right spot. It is sad when you get those premium hands with coolers and aggressive villains though. I have seen AK, AA, KK and QQ clash - it is no joke! :D No one yields.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
for me, the best format is fast games that you can play quickly and make money because why spend a lot of time to get money when you can play fast and make even faster money so I advise everyone who saves their time and appreciates playing fast games better then your time is saved

Those Allin or Fold games go pretty fast. They're probably the best

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My most profitable format would be FORMAT C:

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like hyper and turbo mtts and sngs

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my case, micro-tournaments are the most profitable. However, I love to play Cash Games NL2 Zoom because they are really fast, and you can leave whenever you want, but it's a lot harder to read your opponents, and it's not profitable for me.

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
pokerstars has cheap sit and go games for 45 people, which usually last no more than 2 hours. As for 888, take a closer look not at a specific format, but at tournaments that often have an overlay

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
the poker format that I think is the best and most profitable is Texas Holden

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forget tournaments. Cash games are more profitable. Who has time for long, gruelling tournaments? You got shit to do, right? You gotta walk the dog, service the wife, clean the dishes. You can make more in 15 minutes at a cash table then 4 hours in a tournament. Hell, you can sit down at your lunch break, eat your sandwich and in 15 minutes earn three times your tournament buy in. Why waste your time in tournaments? If you’re a smart player, you’re gonna be earning money every day—and that’s profitability.

I feel you on that!

Some time ago, I grinded the $.01/.02 tables and won $10.00+ and played tournaments for hours and came up empty. So, I do both. It is still reasonable to play $1.00 and give yourself a chance at winning $1000.00. t may take 8 hours a day for a few weeks or months but it is worth it when you get through.

Hey! I spent months grinding freerolls for 4 hours plus for several days in a week, before winning $600.00 ! It was very worth it :D

So grind away at whichever you are good at - look for the most profitable game.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
HyperHu and Spin'N Go in PS
I have played a lot of them.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I really like the bounty builders' knockouts tournaments, i am good at it, you can always make some money even if you didn't finish in the money.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like the bounty builders' knockouts tournaments, i am good at it, you can always make some money even if you didn't finish in the money.
I like those too and would usually play the $1.10 or $2.20 buy-in tourneys.

Most times I would break even or make a small profit but need to get some deep runs.

Good luck, I am still waiting for that big win! :D

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you play poker as a hobby, then you should choose the format that you enjoy playing the most. On the other hand, if you want to make money playing poker, then you should choose the one in which you will have the greatest edge (advantage) over your opponents and where there will definitely be enough traffic so that you can play normal volumes.Of all poker formats, tournaments offer the highest potential winnings, so it can be argued that they are in fact the most potentially profitable format. Nothing beats the prize pool of a tournament and since the payout structure of tournaments is disproportionately high.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play poker as a hobby, then you should choose the format that you enjoy playing the most. On the other hand, if you want to make money playing poker, then you should choose the one in which you will have the greatest edge (advantage) over your opponents and where there will definitely be enough traffic so that you can play normal volumes.Of all poker formats, tournaments offer the highest potential winnings, so it can be argued that they are in fact the most potentially profitable format. Nothing beats the prize pool of a tournament and since the payout structure of tournaments is disproportionately high.
Well said dreamer13,

Do you play as a hobby?
Which game do you have an advantage in?

I love the Bounty tournaments since people are always willing to shove for the chance of doubling up and collecting the bounty. They can always re-buy and this makes things very exciting. Bad beats hurt less too since one can just reload :D

Not sure that I can say I have an advantage in any as yet - still fishing :(

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only Omaha HI/LO games , im profitable and i like soo much

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only Omaha HI/LO games , im profitable and i like soo much
Interesting choice,

I tried the Weekend Variants League and I'm getting blows in all of them. I cannot seem to get the hang of any variant yet. Not sure if I will try again since my brain is wired for No Limit Hold'em!

To be fair to myself, I did watch some videos and have the general idea. It all boils down to good hand selection and knowing when to bail before it gets too costly to chase a good draw.

You also seem to have fewer chances to bluff and a lot of strong, made hands lurking - a real minefield in the variants!

Keep on grinding at the game you have an edge. All the best!

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really like tournaments, and progressive KO's for me are the best.

Top 10 Games