What Online Poker Game Format is Profitable for You?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
the most advantageous format of poker games for me is the one where there are fast plays, for example the blind changes every 5 minutes, I think many people don't like slow tournaments because there is a saying that time is also money

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Without a doubt, knockout tournaments are the most profitable for me. The structure of this type of tournament, where we receive rewards for eliminating players, provides a unique opportunity to increase my earnings. In addition to the cash prize for placing in the tournament, I can also accumulate additional rewards for each player I eliminate.

This aggressive and rewarding dynamic motivates me to play with more aggressive strategies, especially against weaker players or with smaller stacks. With each elimination, I feel a sense of satisfaction and a boost to keep moving forward in the tournament.

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I like the spin and go format the most, is it profitable for me? I don't know, I've only been playing for a week.
spin and go pays to less for me for the effort you stick in it, you pay 1$ to get 2$ 90% of the time , and you need to eliminate 2 players , but there is 1 good thing about it , it teaches you how to play normal no limit holdem at regular tables , gives good poker experience,that for sure ,👍👍 good luck to you my friend with your grind 🍀🍀🍀

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without a doubt, knockout tournaments are the most profitable for me. The structure of this type of tournament, where we receive rewards for eliminating players, provides a unique opportunity to increase my earnings. In addition to the cash prize for placing in the tournament, I can also accumulate additional rewards for each player I eliminate.

This aggressive and rewarding dynamic motivates me to play with more aggressive strategies, especially against weaker players or with smaller stacks. With each elimination, I feel a sense of satisfaction and a boost to keep moving forward in the tournament.
Well said, I feel the same way :)

I need to practice my aggression though, hopefully it is well-timed!

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spin and go pays to less for me for the effort you stick in it, you pay 1$ to get 2$ 90% of the time , and you need to eliminate 2 players , but there is 1 good thing about it , it teaches you how to play normal no limit holdem at regular tables , gives good poker experience,that for sure ,👍👍 good luck to you my friend with your grind 🍀🍀🍀
According to my stats, I pretty much break even on the Spin and Go's :( but they are fun!

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the most advantageous format of poker games for me is the one where there are fast plays, for example the blind changes every 5 minutes, I think many people don't like slow tournaments because there is a saying that time is also money
I prefer slow tournaments or those normal ones where you are sent to another table when you fold. Being under pressure to shove and staying ahead of the blinds is too stressful for me in those turbos and hyper turbos :( .

J

JahreadJake

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Spin and go pays to less for me for the effort you stick in it, you pay 1$ to get 2$ 90% of the time , and you need to eliminate 2 players , but there is 1 good thing about it , it teaches you how to play normal no limit holdem at regular tables , gives good poker experience,that for sure ,👍👍 good luck to you my friend with your grind 🍀🍀🍀
49,5% chance to 2$. If you play good and you have high rakeback you can earn something here.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Poker fans,

I have been searching for an oline poker game that is economical and fun. I think I finally found two formats that work well for me!

The really enjoy the Mystery Bounty format and the Progressive Knockout (PKO)format. Then I got a great combination PKO SNAP tournament format which is fast and very enjoyable. Guess what? ...

View attachment 335264

I experienced success at it too and my second try....

What are your favourite online poker games?

Let us know so we can try it out. I am on the hunt for profitable games to get my bankroll up there! I am yet to fid a nice game on Pokerstars but think I will try the Zoom tournament format :) Any other suggestions?

You can also check out my Journey here - Zero Bankroll Builder Challenge - what a grind it has been but the discipline is paying off big time!
I like Sit and Go with buy-in from $5 until $10.
Those games help me a lot to keep my bankroll safe.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, I use pokertracker 4 and when I consulted on profitability in different types of poker, I saw that I am profitable in all the styles I play, with Mtt being the most profitable modality for my game, then comes sit go in 2nd place, in 3rd place is in cash games, where I started playing for fun because it is the game modality where I feel the best, because as it is a deep stack game with 100bb or more you will play flop, turn and river and your skill will make you not stress with bad bets, which in Mtts is all the time, 4th place is double or nothing and in 5th place the spin go and lastly is the spin go max where I have a small profit because I only I play for fun, I don't think it's an easy game to make a profit in the long run. This is my graph in the cash game, nick in the PS Fanfarrão 1983 In my opinion, the modality where if you're a good player, you'll make money faster is in the Mtts, just compare your best day in Mtts, how much was the profit? And your best day in cash game, how much was the profit? The profit in Mtts is always much higher.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
for me, the best format is fast games that you can play quickly and make money because why spend a lot of time to get money when you can play fast and make even faster money so I advise everyone who saves their time and appreciates playing fast games better then your time is saved

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The ones i like more are ko tournamenta but i have better results in 6 max tournaments

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9 man sng turbo nlhe mostly outside of mtt

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning everyone, I use pokertracker 4 and when I consulted on profitability in different types of poker, I saw that I am profitable in all the styles I play, with Mtt being the most profitable modality for my game, then comes sit go in 2nd place, in 3rd place is in cash games, where I started playing for fun because it is the game modality where I feel the best, because as it is a deep stack game with 100bb or more you will play flop, turn and river and your skill will make you not stress with bad bets, which in Mtts is all the time, 4th place is double or nothing and in 5th place the spin go and lastly is the spin go max where I have a small profit because I only I play for fun, I don't think it's an easy game to make a profit in the long run. This is my graph in the cash game, nick in the PS Fanfarrão 1983 In my opinion, the modality where if you're a good player, you'll make money faster is in the Mtts, just compare your best day in Mtts, how much was the profit? And your best day in cash game, how much was the profit? The profit in Mtts is always much higher.

View attachment 335908
Good job tracking!

I tend to like MTT that a 100BB at the start too. I just find the KO's and PKO's very exciting. as well.

I will experiment with others to see how well I do.

Thanks for sharing.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I’m not earn money for the format I playing, I play S&G.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like tournaments and cash games the most

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sit&Go, Bounty, Zoom and Mini Triple!:as4::kh4:

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play only tournaments at a distance, I go to the plus, I like bounty format tournaments

O

OstroLB

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the two profitable poker games for me that i've won were KO and Omaha i think these two games are coolest but i've won other tournaments too

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think any game mode can pay off if you choose a good strategy. I like bounty games.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
bounty tournaments, because there are wider ranges behind your nokome and in most cases you have more nearby ones

SandSeven

SandSeven

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
PKO is 1st on my list, but R/A is not far behind. Then there's the RE which I prefer next. I don't like the increased variance of turbos/hypers; however, so I'll be coming back to them at some point because I've yet to find a game type that doesn't help improve a particular aspect of MTT play. I've just started playing SnG's again after an 8 or 9-year break from them. I'm enjoying SnGs for training and improving my short-stack play for MTTs. About 16 years ago, $20+2 SnG's was my bread and butter; however, that was pre-black Friday when ABC poker was just fine to be profitable.

MTTs feel like there are so many more small shifts to your range, sizing and etc vs cash games, and I think that's a bonus for me. MTTs are more complex than 100bb cash games, which for me has led to a larger skill edge for me after putting in the proper study time and implementation of the principles learned. Also for some reason, I don't care about getting bad beat or giving one either way in MTTs. I simply don't tilt vs Cash where my table is leaning so far one side all the chips just fly away.

Top 10 Games