What do you prefer - when you play poker: Music or silence ?

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Scilence, but sometimes I sleep for an hour while playing...

Luchobusne

Luchobusne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the game, if you are on live poker or online poker.
Online poker: I think that you can do whatever you feel that take out the best of you whether is music, tv, adult stuff. I usually play some metal bands like messhuggah or something that makes me pay extreme attention to the statistics of other players or just on seeing what I am doing preflop, flop and after flop in order to improve my style of game.
In real poker: I really love hearing the noise of the chips rolling down the table and what everybody is saying. I would not like to be the guy that takes out the earbud asking ”how much did he raised?” that's very awkward and I cringe every time I hear that one on my table. So be careful with the volume! :D:D:D

Another thing that I found interesting on a mental book about poker is that hearing soft, relaxing music like birds singing or whatever yogic thing. It is not a good thing to hear if you want to be 100% alert on what you are doing but it is really good to hear when you are on the break so you can unstress you mental activity and be more focused after the break.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Unless it's some smooth relaxing music, not loud at all, silence is much better for the serious player. TV ? Definitely not !

A

amniasti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

hi i prefered just silence music i dont like when i play on line poker ...maybe some times i have played and listen music but most of the time i play without music

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just depends on how I'm feeling that day. So sometimes, but not always.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for the begginig of tournaments I prefer music and later when I'm more concentrated I prefer silence. But sometimes when I play I wach old series of takeshi castle :D

J

JohnRambo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Music

Definitely prefer music. Usually the spice girls or Brittany Spears to lighten the mood. That and a tasty appletini. What about you?

5dcanela

5dcanela

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If its a tournament i prefer music if cash games silence

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like music. But it has to be something I like so the radio and playlists are out. Or sometimes I will have the TV on if there's football or something like that on.

I've only played live twice and I don't have any music then I prefer to concentrate.

Lutring87

Lutring87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Silence results in a sporty and clean game ...
Music can bring the game into harmony too .. both options easily identify with :)

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game, I watch a movie or a sports broadcast. The silence oppresses me.

S

SSgt Goku

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Both music and twitch. Maybe a movie for background noise

R

ristoc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer some sport broadcasts or movies. Last time there is a new trend in our TV- music everywhere, music in adverts, music in shows, music in quizes so i am overloaded with it.

leobouble

leobouble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i'm playing poker i know i waste a lot of time in tournaments and plays so i prefer to spend this time listening to music than being silent for hours

K

kosorez1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in complete silence, I am alone, I can only concentrate this way. Even if I play live, I don’t like noisy and nervous players. I like those poker players who, when defeated, wish others good luck.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really prefer playing in silence, i get more concentrated.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Silence is making me angry. :D I always turn on music or watching some sport background.

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely music - some classic or chill. Calm atmosphere is the key to stay focused and play well. When it's complete silence a single noise could piss you off and that's when you start getting tilted😂

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer music. It relaxes me and allows me to stay more focused.

Nanoldb

Nanoldb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I prefer to be watching some background video, or maybe chill music playing but very low

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you play - poker ? Music, if so, what?) Or do you concentrate in silence, another option, watch TV?

When I play poker I need absolute silence. In fact, if necessary, I wear headphones or something that covers my ears.

Greetings.

H

hozjain1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

как вы играете в покер? Музыка, если так, то какая?) Или вы концентрируетесь в тишине, другой вариант, смотрите телевизор? [/ ЦИТАТА]
Я предпочитаю тишину, чтобы ничто не отвлекало от игры