What do you prefer - when you play poker: Music or silence ?

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually silence, I found it to be more helpful to concentrate

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At a live table I would prefer silence as I think it is a disadvantage to tune out what other players might be saying or even listening to sighs and breathing etc etc. Online, classic rock n roll baby. :)

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play on absolute silence, which is rare since the neighbourhood I live in is a bit noisy anytime of the day, I tend to overthink some plays I wish I didn't... so when I realize I'm starting to do that I start listening to something fast and furious. HardCore and Ska Punk.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It totally depends on my mood. But usually when I play in multiple tournaments, I prefer silence. if I only play 1-2 tourney, I listen to music or watch TV.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I play online I usually have the television on with the news when I start the tournament . . . Believe it or not, it helps me play less hands and is very effective if I am getting really bad cards. However, once all the players that constantly like to raise or go all in are out of the game and the game becomes more serious, I then turn the television off, unless of course I am still getting horrible hands, then I continue to use the distraction so I don't play hands out of boredom . . .

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Mostly i have a little bit of entertainment if i play a tourney. Especially if you play less table you need some more to do as play poker. In the earlier phase of a tourney, it is not so important to check the other tables. So you can here music or look some streams or series. The music can also a little bit more progressiv. If the tournament is half of the itm, you must be more fixed to the game. What decision is the right one, look at your oponnent. What are the players on your table. At this phase you must concentrate. So i hear slow musiv, classic or chill music. It helps to concentrate but did not deflect you from the game. I also think you can control your mood with music. You play more agressiv with metall or hardcore. If you analyze your game and you think you lay down to many cards, that music can help you to get in a more agressiv mood.

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music or any other sound like videos on youttube etc. But when i am on the ft just silence

B

BurryBXY

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing poker with music, as music is always relaxing, even in the most stressful moments.

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I prefer silence, sometimes I prefer music, depends on my mood.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online - Music, or Netflix, Work, any type of distraction so i only focus on the hands i'm dealt, taking emotion away or trying to really target specific behaviors of ppl im playing with.
Live - drinks and friendly chatter, lounge music

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do all streamers listen to music when they play,but for some reason silence is more suitable for me

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that most poker players prefer to play with some music. In particular I even like a quiet song of evangelical preference but I prefer it and what makes me calmer is the silence.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to listen to music and sometimes I sing myself playing poker. I also knock on the table and it disturbs my wife and my daughter especially if they want to sleep.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do a whole range of things while I am playing poker. If I am playing a session of tournaments, I can multi-task and it does not cause me too many problems. If I am playing cash tables then I prefer to give the games my attention. This can change from day to day on how I am feeling at that moment

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love listening to music, and hanging out on Twitch. I also don't mind silence now and then too.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I prefer silence. It keeps my mind from wondering.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only with music, it helps me to concentrate on the game, and silence suppresses, I never play in silence, I always have music, a film or a sports broadcast.

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I prefer relaxing music in the style of chillout, but if the passage is far away, there is only silence to help, on this note it is easier to think )