kurttwin

kurttwin

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have encountered this once on Pokerstars spin and go $1

I was playing against 2 players from Russia and they called me ,, uk idiot ,,and in one moment they decided to play together and split the money ...
Unlucky for them i do speak Russian

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have encountered this once on Pokerstars spin and go $1

I was playing against 2 players from Russia and they called me ,, uk idiot ,,and in one moment they decided to play together and split the money ...
Unlucky for them i do speak Russian
And where you saw racism? it was just appeal for u( uk) He did not say you are an idiot cuz you an uk player.

kurttwin

kurttwin

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol

And where you saw racism? it was just appeal for u( uk) He did not say you are an idiot cuz you an uk player.

And you are from Russia yes ?

Calling someone английский идиот
is not normal Mate. Is 2020

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have seen on occasions people using racial slurs if they are upset over a bad beat.
Also and am guilty of this myself but will stereotype players if I see they are from certain countries where a majority are terrible poker players.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Millions of people play online poker....
That literally guarantees you have some racists among them.
And some of those will openly show it in the chatbox or by
the nickname they have chosen.
If you encounter racists slurs then report those players so the sites can ban them....

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And you are from Russia yes ?

Calling someone английский идиот
is not normal Mate. Is 2020
You do not understand. How fools people. For him no matter where are u from!!! It is not racism. He could say american idiot, romanian idiot etc. He used british just to index that he speak with you.

J

Jonb0324

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will always be racism every where you go. Its a fact.

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will always be racism every where you go. Its a fact.
In usa or another usaship countries maybe. Cuz you have slaves. and it is great theme for PR. In my country there is no problem with it.

J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker rooms do not know my race which is made up nonsense anyways according to biologists.

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars is racist, they never let me win a big flip on the FT of a tournament, always the big stack wins

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have encountered this several times on PokerStars.

I used to play in some games regularly where an Australian expat used to show up and play with his GF (who was also living in another separate country-poker was their daily get together online). As soon as he'd lose a hand he would start in with some racist filth that he felt was apt for a player from whichever country they came from...Germany, France, anywhere Asia. It was outrageous.

He wasn't the only one.

The thing was at that time PS still had an avenue for instant contact with the mods who would then throw him out.
Wow. I've been playing at Global Poker and ACR (America's Cardroom) for nearly a year now and have never heard anything like that. Good to hear that they threw him out because no one should have to listen to those kind of comments, even if it isn't directed towards you.

I have run into one on ACR though who has called me the "C" word, as well as some other derogatory term for women that I don't remember. He has also directed a derogatory term for gay people at others who were sitting at the table. Unfortunately he is from here in the USA and not Australia, then again you said he is an "expat" so maybe it is the same person. It really doesn't bother me, or affect my game, but I still don't like having to hear it.

Aside from him I don't remember anyone else ever using words like that while I've been playing online, and definitely not while playing in person. Anonymity often creates a sense of false courage in some. :)

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imagine if racism was only about races.. There are several forms of racism or discrimination. Starting with some people I've read in this forum quoting the famous "you don't know how to play Poker, go find another thing to do".
But aiming to your particular question, yes, sadly I've seen flag related racist comments in online poker.

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played once in the poker stars while playing in a tournament guy called another ****** in a fit of hatred think there was racism

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but usually in game chats, everyone is silent, and even more so no one knows the race of the player at the table

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen lots of racist comments in the online poker chat. They seem to say these things to put you on tilt. They are losers in poker and in real life.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven’t noticed any racism online myself. Not to say some haven’t.

Z

Stay Safe

rusyamingazov

rusyamingazov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i haven't seen any racism in playing poker and i wasn't racist. you should love and help each other and it doesn't depend of skin color

wsumiesum

wsumiesum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's funny :D when some donkey lost in battle against me and has a big tilt and tell me on chat that I'm a donkey, cheater etc.
when your enemy is angry - he is weak. if you know how to make him angry - you can be a 'poker racist on chat' .. you'll thank me later. LOL

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure there is racism in poker online ,I play mostly at pokerstars but since the US players left, its not as frequent as before. In general , ugly comments were coming from sore losers,usually I dont bother with it unless it becomes personal and persitent