There is racism in online poker

SavannahPanda

SavannahPanda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There will always be racism every where you go. Its a fact.

Look hard enough and you can probably find the air is racist. When its the only thing you have to excuse certain failures, it's all you'll see.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Millions of people play online poker....
That literally guarantees you have some racists among them.
And some of those will openly show it in the chatbox or by
the nickname they have chosen.
If you encounter racists slurs then report those players so the sites can ban them....

This. Over and over.

Earlier in the thread I pointed out I had reported someone within a CC free roll (turns out they had a stolen password for access) but people do not bother reading the thread, add a comment on the end with little more than personal bias.

It's a thing. Not every session everyday, but it is a thing. Just take a screenshot of the dialogue and send to admin.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Wow. I've been playing at Global Poker and ACR (America's Cardroom) for nearly a year now and have never heard anything like that. Good to hear that they threw him out because no one should have to listen to those kind of comments, even if it isn't directed towards you.

I have run into one on ACR though who has called me the "C" word, as well as some other derogatory term for women that I don't remember. He has also directed a derogatory term for gay people at others who were sitting at the table. Unfortunately he is from here in the USA and not Australia, then again you said he is an "expat" so maybe it is the same person. It really doesn't bother me, or affect my game, but I still don't like having to hear it.

Aside from him I don't remember anyone else ever using words like that while I've been playing online, and definitely not while playing in person. Anonymity often creates a sense of false courage in some. :)

Sorry for this very late reply.

Yeah, the difference was as noted, pokerstars had live moderators until a few years ago. You could contact them and they would react in real time. Then they dropped them.

That said, with this couple, they would ban them temporarily and then a week or two later they would show up and go right back at it until someone complained again. Rinse and repeat. which was frustrating.

Since this thread started I have reported (screenshots) such incidents twice and each time been thanked and encouraged to do so again if needed. That's all you can ask for.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There used to be a lot back in the day, but honestly I have not seen much recently, and none in the last year. Awesome!

Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is racism online playing online poker. It happens in the real world so you better believe that racism aquire in places that can't be immediately notice. Global Poker and National League of Poker is racist as well. I can have a better hand than my opponent then all of a sudden the tables have turn. I don't take this seriously because this is only a game but this has happened too many times on both sites. I know I sound ridiculous replying to this or my next statement but if you haven't experienced racism it's probably because you're white. I love all nationality,race and creed until you do something personal to me which has happened already on these websites. My family never taught or raise me to be racist because we was too poor to focus on hating another person for there skin color. We have white people in our family and the majority of my family is now bi-racial so we can rule that out. I think that spending years after years teaching generation to hate someone for their skin color now that is ******ish. Hate me for something that I can change for example; not being employed or killing people. That's just a way to keep blacks confused about what it is we need to do in life and to keep us unhappy. Its a way to keep up lost. Every race has some type of reperation except us. I bet every other race can resort back to there roots, homeland or country. Hell! Might be able to go visit there ancestors as well. We can't do that because we don't know what part of Africa we belong to or what tribe?We don't know where we come from and that's why we do the things we do as people and deserve reperation. If white folks never came and got us from Africa then this shit would never happen. But we the lazy people. Ok. Live life for yourself you only got one life to live. Peace ✌️
How on earth would these sites know what your race is or the color of your skin? Or how would another player know what color you are..I think thats kinda nuts. You may have some people pissed because they lost and maybe throw a racial slur here and there ..But there is no way they should know what color I am or what color you are. :cool::)

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i also noticed that. I dont usually win with two black kings or jacks, always some river suckout. But with red ones i always win.

LoveAndPoker

LoveAndPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the era of the Internet, and a large number of inadequate people, I try not to pay attention to any comments on the Internet. If you have any complaints, tell me in person. It is not necessary to focus on this fact. Good to everyone!

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, there is. Brazilians are called monkeys, that has happened to me more than once.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that it does not exist in online poker and cannot exist, and if any of the players adheres to this point of view, they will never admit it, and will keep their opinion to themselves.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, this topic is to see if racism has spread in the world of online poker, because there are situations in the game where it seems that it exists, or it is only the system that gives you the best game for those who have deposited large sums of money. money for the game, what is your comment on this topic.

Well , it is a bullshit rasism, if a men is black - he is a black men , he is not white, I don't understand why they are offended.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say I’ve not come across any form of racism whilst playing online poker, long my that continue:)

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For sure there is racism. I think especially on the freerolls and micro stakes, it is not seldom. Im from germany and a lot of people call me hitler or other thinks. I think its show not a great intellect, because the write only why im from germany. I think its dumb. Normally i did not react, because it is not my niveau to going in contact with those people.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not a racist. I dont even follow athletics.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More like idiots are everywhere and they can be racist online and get away with it. It’s just some dumb sociopath behind a keyboard

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's definitely is not an issue.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, the "racism" is inflated. If there is a dispute between men of different colors (or ethnicities), media will make sure to point that out to suggest that the dispute was based on the difference of ethnicity, nationality, or what not. Most people have a dispute base don difference of opinions, personalities, or expectations, but if there is a physicals difference among them, it must be racism (specially if its white vs black). People will have stereotypes - you can't deny it, but it doesn't make them racist. Just my $.05

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, this topic is to see if racism has spread in the world of online poker, because there are situations in the game where it seems that it exists, or it is only the system that gives you the best game for those who have deposited large sums of money. money for the game, what is your comment on this topic.
Dude, sorry, of couse, but, first of all, I didn't see any question in your long sentence...:smile: Secondly, your strange reflections...
I'm not understood nothing!..:rolleyes: Excuse me one more time, of course, and anyway Good Luck! ;):angel::)

L

Lol1x1

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
playing online, never faced racism:)

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker brings together players from all over the world and racism is not appropriate here

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont understand how there could be racism in on line poker I don't know who I am playing against at any given time

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think there is more xenophobia than racism in online poker, because there's no way to know who the player is on the other side of the screen, which is why I think it's xenophobia

"Xenophobia is the fear, aversion or deep antipathy towards foreigners, distrust towards people who come from outside their country with a different culture, habit, ethnicity or religion."

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not explicit, but there is, indeed. A law may punish the racists, but cannot stop their racist mind. The worms will eat 'em anyway, just like will do to everyone.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw probably 2-3 times in my experience but I don't think it's a big problem (at least in online games) and if it happens, there's always a mute button ready.

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not notice any of this on online poker. i mostly keep the chat closed. what i don't like is that ACR allows some of these people make an acr names that is either racist or names to make fun of people or just names that is rude.