There is racism in online poker

V

Vinarty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
But

In the "old days" 15-20 years ago, I would encourage the jews and muslims to talk among-est themselves at the poker tournaments. :D It was a lot of fun. Only racism I noticed was from asians. I think it depends where you are though. I'm a white minority where I play.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no racism as such, as your opponent doesn't know what Ethnicity you are.
All they know is that you registered from a specific country.
Almost all countries are multi-ethnic.

There are people that play online that deliberately try to tilt people. I just ignore it.
You can disable chat on most sites.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Racism in online poker??? Are you serious??? Everybody is behind a username... of course some 'very clever people', use even that for making a bit satisfaction for their psycho mind, ideology, point of view etc. - instead of register with a NAME, not some psycho op. words...

Otherwise, like most of those, who come with the racism, have problem with their own self. They believed the meaningless crap, what they bomb everybody by media, internet, ads, celebs, politics etc.

Basically, the question was about that who has a lot of money, must be a racist - perhaps there is a very fact based explanation come with that... (at least, I 'learnt' something new, the racism - totally meaningless word anyway, they use it all the time, when they don't like you, what you do, say etc., and no other option left for 'critical thinking, behaving -, is based on your pocket size, not any radical ideology, difference... I love this brave new world, full with very clever individuals, whose more like a speaker on human neck instead of a thinking, living being...) So all the professional sport players, bankers, celebs, whatever else have a bit more money are racist, based on the starting point.

It is not racism, total silly idea trying to bring it to the online poker, it calls capitalism, the money speaks, especially in poker, not your nationality, religion, skin color, whatever else they try to divide the mass and generate radical hordes instead of humans...

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I do not read much when I play poker, I do not see that there is racism although there is racism everywhere I do not see it much in this game:D

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The individual, who opened this topic, has some serious problem mentally, with education and generally with common sense...

Racism in online poker??? Are you serious??? Everybody is behind a username... of course some 'very clever people', use even that for making a bit satisfaction for their psycho mind, ideology, point of view etc. - instead of register with a NAME, not some psycho op. words...

Otherwise, like most of those, who come with the racism, have problem with their own self. They believed the meaningless crap, what they bomb everybody by media, internet, ads, celebs, politics etc.

Basically, the question was about that who has a lot of money, must be a racist - perhaps there is a very fact based explanation come with that... (at least, I 'learnt' something new, the racism - totally meaningless word anyway, they use it all the time, when they don't like you, what you do, say etc., and no other option left for 'critical thinking, behaving -, is based on your pocket size, not any radical ideology, difference... I love this brave new world, full with very clever individuals, whose more like a speaker on human neck instead of a thinking, living being...) So all the professional sport players, bankers, celebs, whatever else have a bit more money are racist, based on the starting point.

It is not racism, total silly idea trying to bring it to the online poker, it calls capitalism, the money speaks, especially in poker, not your nationality, religion, skin color, whatever else they try to divide the mass and generate radical hordes instead of humans...

I'm really curious, how old is the clever one, who reached the point, she/he has to open a topic like this... probably most of us guess well.... brainwash....:confused::idea:

You are entitled to your opinion, but please refrain from insulting members.

girts87

girts87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rasism in onlien poker ??? LMAO ! rasism everywhere !

W

williemays56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RACISM

OH YES THERE IS ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COME TO THERE USERNAME.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Racism?Unfortunatelly I met that.When you play on the site with more then 100K people at the same time sure you can meet that.But as we know there are no bad nations only bad persons so I just ingnore that kind of people.

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I stand corrected. Last night in a Sports Betting freeroll, there was someone spouting off a bunch of racist stuff, occasionally spamming "TRUMP" in the chat. They seemed limited in their vocabulary, and didn't really engage in any back-and-forth conversation beyond homophobic/racist insults.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So I stand corrected. Last night in a Sports Betting freeroll, there was someone spouting off a bunch of racist stuff, occasionally spamming "TRUMP" in the chat. They seemed limited in their vocabulary, and didn't really engage in any back-and-forth conversation beyond homophobic/racist insults.

Sad, isn't it? Racism comes in many forms and this is just another example of it.

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, this topic is to see if racism has spread in the world of online poker, because there are situations in the game where it seems that it exists, or it is only the system that gives you the best game for those who have deposited large sums of money. money for the game, what is your comment on this topic.
hm I havent experienced rasicm since i started playing online poker :icon_thum

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is racism in poker. In my opinion, anyone who plays poker is either good or bad.

M

Maximillianvalue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is never any comment from the poker site when they put it in the chat box. And when they ** the words it is is not punished

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sad, isn't it? Racism comes in many forms and this is just another example of it.

Yeah it was pretty lame to be quite honest. I'm sure there are a fair amount of folks who play the game who are racist, but I haven't seen it so brazenly expressed in a poker client. Plenty of other places on the internet, sure. I guess I really ought not be surprised, anonymity makes it easier for them to be that way given they aren't held accountable for their actions.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The racism is everywhere, worldwide. The law can stop it, even break it down, but can't put an end on it. Only the worms will finish it, beneath the ground.

kiso777

kiso777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is no racism in poker, there are people who do not know how to lose and throw mud at everyone around

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
LMFAO , can this thread be cut ✂️

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I believe so, I think that in relation to the female audience there are people who think that POKER was made for men

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]

[/COLOR]

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the advancement of technology, it could be seen that racism advanced as well as everything that we lost on the web because it will be the easiest way to express ourselves but also to criticize and insult

Those insults can also be translated as racism for the simple reason of winning the opponent a hand or removing him from the tournament

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I never noticed racism in online poker.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Adi8877 I believe that the issue of racism is not in debate here, just one question, if there is racism in poker, of course we all have something based on our culture, I am Brazilian and we are a very prejudiced and racist country, but we also suffer prejudice from our own pairs. Let's just do good and have fun with this wonderful game, right?

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just look at the names. Some numbers might give you a clue as well (88,1488,...)

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does poker or nationality have to do with it? It all depends on the personal beliefs of each person. But not everyone understands what his beliefs are based on. And this is a diagnosis.
Do not inflate this topic, it is about nothing.

Horodamian

Horodamian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! yes it's racism in online games, I play on the phone and from my colleagues at the table one wakes up to comment about my nationality, by the way I'm Romanian and I'm proud of it, it's sad that I'm also racist everywhere in the EU, because a Black may be smarter than white, or conversely, there is no equality for some people