Is Online Poker Rigged?

P

POKEREXFORD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rigged?

You tell me. lately I am tracking BetOnline poker hands. Too many coincidences. I just finished a Windfall game. I was dealt a 9 and 5 - 3X in a row. This is not the first incident. One pattern I am picking up is within every 10 hands dealt I get an A and 9. Then a K and 6 next.

I also am picking up patterns likes holding two AA and losing consistently at the turn. I could go on.

Yes there are botss a plently on their site. Not sure if they belong to BOL.

Bottom line. Goodbye BetOnline and so long suckers

ALL Lives Matter!

T

thesmokinginger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't go as far as saying rigged. I would say the algorithm of higher quality hands is definitely higher. I've seen more quads and royal flushes online in a week then I've seen in 20 years of live hands! But I've been the winner and loser of those high hands, hope you find what you are looking for.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sites also use action flops to inflate the pots and increase their rake.

L

Leifhackman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More than "Is online poker rigged" the question should be "Why don't they do something about it?" I mean, why isn't it made kind of bullet proofed so that everyone could trust on the poker site they are playing on? That we wouldn't even need to discuss this. Why?

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That I have in mind not all of them, it is a fact of having found fake rooms but not all of them, some of them can be clean

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a misconception, especially among novice players, that everything in online poker is set up from the start and that cards are dealt according to predetermined patterns in order to get certain hands and there are numerous bad beats of players. Yes, when playing on the Internet there are many more bad beats. combinations, but this is for the simple reason that there are many more games played at the online poker table.
It is impossible to create such a mechanism.
It means
1 - you need to create a system that can identify losing players.:rolleyes:
2 - this system should provide these players with good combinations of cards, and another similar tool should find the players with the most money who, in theory, will be interested in raising the rates.:confused:
Well, I think so.:)

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen a lot of crazy shit lately, and often enough that if I didn't know any better I'd think it was rigged. But what people don't take in to consideration is that for every time someone cracks AA with TT after a preflop all in to catch a set on the flop, there are plenty of times that 10 never comes, and AA takes it down. We tend to place an emphasis on the bad-beat hands or "incorrect calls" that somehow hit the 1% chance needed to beat the favorite, while forgetting the "normal" hands where the favorite wins. RNG is RNG, and running bad is a thing. But rigged? Nah. None of the "big" sites anyway. Too much for them to lose that way. Besides, they make money from the rake/buy-in fees, why would they need to rig anything?

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to write stupid stuff in the chatbox like : how many decks are they using per hand or well it`s easy to flop a set or quads when there are 50 8s in the deck or even really really dumb sh** like no wonder i can`t win a flip this site is rigged for eastern europeans all the money is funneled to Moscow. I`m pretty certain that none of the above is true and i don`t understand why any sane person believing something shady is going on with online poker would still go and put money in only to complain about how it`s all just a scam wheres the sense in that ?

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won all-in with 42 against AK, I just got a full house and also lost AA against 73
I think the room doesn't care who is the winner, because their main earning is brand and percentage

A

aMazing33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
ZA
Chips
I've been in so many live games, cash and tournaments, where the exact same thing happens as when I play online. People seem to forget there are only 52 cards in a deck and shite happens. You just have to try and remember "that's poker" and try move on to the next hand, if you can't do that, walk away and come back with a better mindset. Something I don't always do and wish I could.

Yes I totally agree. It seems more obvious online as we play more hands and at a faster pace, I think. It happens on all the different sites. And harder to get up from your device and walk away, than from a table.

S

simmo5050

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No.
Online poker is much tougher than live so bad players get beaten far more quickly.
You see so many morehands and hear from other (bad) players that makes them think it is.

I had quad qq beaten by a straight flush once in the last 150,000 hands for 100bb . Is it rigged? No. It happens.
Many weaker players who do not understand fundamental aspects of poker lose like this and cry foul when they should study .

I have heard that Apps on phones may be dodgy though. I don't use those

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played just about every site before Black Friday on April 15, 2011. The consensus on twoplustwo in 2008 was that if Obama was elected he would help legalize online poker, fat chance.

I've played on WPN since and the shuffle there isn't even close to being legit compared to the sites I played on before Black Friday.

Hoyt88Slayer

Hoyt88Slayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably rigged

I myself played far to long online to think it not. I have witnessed a friend win over 20 $100 black jack bets in a row, he might be the only person I ever met that actually received a check in the mail. Then he lost about 20 hands in a row and had to redeposit

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think all of us who have played live realized that online poker is the same or more difficult (because of bad players)
In live, worse hands come out, nothing more than bad players do not see as many hands

P

Pokerbluffer123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of players make this claim when they suffer a series of bad beats - we get our share of them around here.

Let's have a serious discussion about it. Read this article:

Is online poker safe or rigged?

There is some really good information in that article that explains some of the misconceptions players have.

The thing I see the most is players having a bad day or even a bad week - or they are making a lot of wrong decisions - and they instantly think the game is cheating them.

They will post hands and say "No way should this happen!" - and I know instantly they have never played live poker. I have been playing live poker for about 10 years and I have seen it all happen in a situation where it can not possibly be rigged.

What are your thoughts?

(ps - this is not the place to post your bad beat hands!)

Some shady poker sites do but big sites like ACR , BOL are genuine

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe they are not rigged. They are in a business. Furthermore, there are companies that can verify the code to ensure that is the case. However, the people element can be sometimes in question on certain websites.

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my oppinion it is not ;) I think those Online Poker providers wouldnt do stuff like this

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some poker sites are pretty doubtful to me and so it makes the whole thing questionable (

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have tracking software like PT4, it's easy enough to check your EV on the sites you play on.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
COMPROMISED is the word. not rigged, servery compromised

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not rigged, this is the biggest cop out for bad players always saying "its rigged" thiugh I know it can feel like it wuen your on the negative side of EV do t get ke wro g i can emphasize with the feeling.

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it is not rigged because of a lot of gamblers are involved in so it is not profit for any room to rig Tournaments or whatever else..