Is Online Poker Rigged?

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many arguments in favor of online poker, and you can agree with many of them, but during the game the feeling of mistrust only intensifies. All this is somewhat reminiscent of political games. In words, everyone is so honest and caring, they promise earthly paradise, but in reality they think only of themselves and paradise comes only for them, for these very politicians.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As new as I am to the online game I had asked a lot of questions and done a little research before deciding to try my hand (pun intended)

I for one do not believe in the rigged theory and would probably sway more to the online you see a lot more hands in a short space of time so perception is skewed theory

And if you don't believe in happens in real life check out my thread "no way out"

Good luck to everyone out there

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I do feel like it is rigged. I feel like they have algorithms that will trap you with trips, while your opponent has a straight. Or you have a flush and your opponent has a full house.

dom97

dom97

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR freerolls recently have been triggering me. When you have a flush draw with two cards on the board and two in your hand, I don't think I have ever had a winning flush draw within a free roll seems to miss hitting another heart every time. Its probally just me taking bad beats and noticing them though lol.

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worst thing about poker

i believe that the worst thing about poker is to lose with your preflop best hand and not just once but too many of them in a short period of time

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be so easy for the online poker providers to let loose some complex algorithms that manipulate online poker without anyone ever knowing.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online poker isn't rigged, neither is the mail in voting in the upcoming US elections.

EverySunday

EverySunday

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rigged, today 2 out on babble have 70%+, one bubble boy AKs<A4

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are sure online poker is rigged then why play? Go to a Bingo hall.

P

pokerOMC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Bovada rigged

Bovada is not only rigged, they dont even try to hide it. Just enter "cheating at bovada" into google search and read the posts. I can attest to the fact that they are rigged. The most common post is something like this, "After I made a withdrawal I could not win to save my life." It's true. Ive played poker for 20+ years and have an M.S. Mathematics. Im consistently succesfull playing live. After I won 1 torneyment at Bovada and made a withdrawal they punished me with their bots. Couldnt win anything for 2 years. Everytime Im in the top 10 un a big tourneyment with about 20% of the field remaining, I get AA or KK and get raised all in by rags... lose everytime. Most recently I had 350,000 chips and pocket kings. Bet 30k. Was raised all in by bot with 465k chips and 4, 5 offsuit. 5 on the flop, 5 on the river. Do you really believe a real player makes that move? Not a chance, not in a million years. It wasnt a one off... happens every time. Ill never give them another penny.
100% agree. Not only is it rigged. You have no idea who you are playing against. They assign you a number you can't text to get a feel for people. I have left notes on more then 50 people and yet to sit at a table with someone I played against prior you can't withdraw money either

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't think online poker is rigged. It's just that there are times when you hit so that you get good cards all the time and you win, but you remember when you get bad cards or when you have the best hand but in the end you you lose to your hand worse.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
is not Rigged, but there is a lot of variance, so the "good players" are those that get the Luck on their side! :unsure:

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone seems to believe that but for me I think you get beat the same. Online you are able to see the cards in a different way than on a live table so it seems like more. Plus you play more hands online so there is that to consider.

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
A lot of players make this claim when they suffer a series of bad beats - we get our share of them around here.

Let's have a serious discussion about it. Read this article:

Is online poker safe or rigged?

There is some really good information in that article that explains some of the misconceptions players have.

The thing I see the most is players having a bad day or even a bad week - or they are making a lot of wrong decisions - and they instantly think the game is cheating them.

They will post hands and say "No way should this happen!" - and I know instantly they have never played live poker. I have been playing live poker for about 10 years and I have seen it all happen in a situation where it can not possibly be rigged.

What are your thoughts?

(ps - this is not the place to post your bad beat hands!)
I only play live poker with my friends and I find the way the game develops very different. Maybe the online game is not manipulated, but it ends up being a little "Artificial" since for it to happen it depends on a series of pre-written algorithms that need all the data on the table to calculate the winner. as this data is recorded in a database, the statistics of the way of playing of each one are also recorded, making it possible, yes, the automatic manipulation of the hands in the game. Whenever money is at stake, there is the possibility of data manipulation.

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I only play live poker with my friends and I find the way the game develops very different. Maybe the online game is not manipulated, but it ends up being a little "Artificial" since for it to happen it depends on a series of pre-written algorithms that need all the data on the table to calculate the winner. as this data is recorded in a database, the statistics of the way of playing of each one are also recorded, making it possible, yes, the automatic manipulation of the hands in the game. Whenever money is at stake, there is the possibility of data manipulation.
I couldn't agree more with the notion of pre-written algorithms. Too often, when I play a weak hand, say 3-4 or 4-6 for example, The flop very seldom comes out in my favor. However, if I fold that hand, the flop almost always comes out with cards that would have helped had I stayed in the round. Hard to believe that this happens so frequently.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The article at the beginning of the post is sensational!
Congratulations!

In fact, despite the large profits of the company even without cheating, I believe that there may be suspicious situations indeed.
Where money is involved, the human being invents a way to circumvent the rules... This isn't about poker, it's about life!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I really dont care , I play just for the fun of it , but if is so that suck !!!

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I couldn't agree more with the notion of pre-written algorithms. Too often, when I play a weak hand, say 3-4 or 4-6 for example, The flop very seldom comes out in my favor. However, if I fold that hand, the flop almost always comes out with cards that would have helped had I stayed in the round. Hard to believe that this happens so frequently.
This always happens, unfortunately.

G

goaaaa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Not sure really but i believe that there were some dealing cards algoritams in past that were wierdly programed.

LordSutch69

LordSutch69

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to rigged online poker sites, ACR is a perfect example of online poker being rigged. With only 4 aces in a deck, those aces sure do find the way to multiple players hands about every hand you play. Completely favored donks in hopes for more deposits and any poker site that allows players to cheat with RTA software is rigged from the start. Ive been playing online poker since 2004, it wasn't as bad back then but now it is terribly obvious or else this post wouldn't have had to be put up to question it.

LordSutch69

LordSutch69

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I don't believe online poker is rigged at all. You see players chat about it because of bad beats and one outer's but it is just the way holdem goes.
Here is a perfect example of a cheater defending online poker sites LOL online poker is a computer program, computer programs can be and are manipulated.

LordSutch69

LordSutch69

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesn't take a whole lot of brains to figure this out, my advice is to watch those players that always run the clock all the way down before playing the hand and also seem to never lose the hands they play.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online poker steals hearts so it is not manipulated but a thief:ROFLMAO: