Is Online Poker Rigged?

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luckboxing ONE tournament doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I didnt luckbox I played well . and it is not the only tournament that I win or get in the money . just wednsday I finished second place in the cardchat freeroll on SB for example . I know how to play

but keep telling yourself that online poker is not rigged and try to discredit me :flute: it will do you good I am sure

Last edited:
CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rigged?

I guess it depends on your understanding of rigged. From my experience of playing online for over 15 years, I have found that winning or losing is more a factor of your account balance than it is of the cards or opponents. Don't believe me? then try this in poker stars....deposit a small amount say $20..play $1-$3 SitNgo tourneys, I am willing to bet if you play as you normally would that for the first 3 to 5 tourneys you'll do ok maybe even make the money, however if your bank balance dwindles to say less than $12 all of sudden you will be getting knocked out of tourneys early while holding monster hands..QQ or better and this will keep happening until you need to redeposit to keep playing and yes then the cycle repeats...so the rigging is more of a algorithym designed to keep players depositing....I guess it is the cost of playing..:):):)

S

Shark Feeder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
Come on guys of course its rigged, it would be naive to think otherwise. Their will always be scammers where there is cash its just something we have to accept as the price for instant poker.

Do people really think the super users just went away after Pot Ripper? Every single site has the super users stealth program for "admin purposes".

The things that bums me out the most is that almost every cent lost on TV High stakes poker was stolen from us the online poker community and funneled to the pros via super user accounts, no wonder they played for millions and did not care if they lost, easy when its free money.

Nobody was even really punished for this, the poker sites folded and popped back up with different names. Just treat online poker as fun like going the cinema, you pay and you get entertained. These things rarely happen in real poker.

I have no sympathy for anybody that loses money online especially after all the work Magik did to expose jokerstars and especially after the super user scandal. I still watch Magiks Jokerstars videos every once in a while to remind me why to play live. And it doesn't hurt to watch Pot Ripper either will save you $£$£$£

Anybody who has never seen him just type suckout stepchild into the tube, guy was a legend before he "vanished"

Stay safe at the tables guys and if u think he cant have 96o on a 578 board...think again, just cos u PF raised $1000 at 50/100 with your aces its a standard call at bingo poker.

Can I see Magik’s videos in Youtube or where has he posted them? Is it under the same username? Could you please help me out to the right direction, mate :)

S

Shark Feeder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
I had 3 royal flushes (on one site) within 3-4 days . as I said before online poker is 10000% rigged

I made first place in a 5.5$ MTT a couple of days ago and won 540$ or something and I often get to the money in tourneys and not rarely do I win one . and in real life I made decent cash in home cash games . so no I am not a bad player . I might not be a great one but I know what I am doing . I am sure that it is rigged ...10000% sure

I only play freerolls nowdays

Cash games and tournaments are very different games. You can be a beast in a cash games and still not win a 200 player tournament for years. You need a very different kind of strategy to be succesful in tournaments, especially in the later stages of a tournament. If you’re getting in the money with very high percentage in the MTTs but find it hard to get in to the final table and impossible to ever win those tournaments then I’ll give you an advice which might help you tremendously and give you a much better chance to get in to the big bucks.

First, if you have problems to get even to the deep stages of the tournaments (the best 4-8%) then I suggest that you start playing some 36-90 players sit ’n gos (and preferably turbos) to get more comfortable at playing in a stage where most of the players are short stacked. Another reason to play these are just to get more experiance of those kind of situations.

And when there comes a time that you’ll start to get in to the final tables pretty regularly you should start to play those 36-90plrs sit ’n gos little less (maybe about 30-50% less) and replace them with single player sit ’n gos and I think you’re already seeing where I’m going with this. But just in case you’re not, it will give you a lot of experience of playing in the final table kind of setting and of playing in a short table tournament and also the very important heads up game.

To win any kind of tournament you will need to win the heads up game and many players who get into the heads up in the bigger size MTTs are far from expert level heads up players. And anyone who is still reading this knows how big difference there is money wise to win a tournament (especially MTT) than to become the second after losing the heads up game.

Those times in bigger MTTs when there are only 2-6 players left are crucial to your overall success if you’re really that good that you will get that deep in those tournaments pretty regularly (about 2-10%, depends on how big field tournaments you’re regularly playing). At those stages the pay out jumps are huge compared to the buy in amount.

But you should never play like you’re just trying to survive for a short while and see what happens. You should always play for the win and if you let yourself to get short stacked by your choice you’re not even giving yourself a chance to win. Nobody get enough of premium hands when your starting to get deeper into the tournament. The bigger the blinds get the more you need to start taking chances, unless you have just won a couple of huge pots and are sitting on the monster size stack in a big chip lead of the tournament. And when the tables are getting to be short regularly you need to open up your use of a starting hands and bluff a little more and always open with a raise (except from the sb). And if you’re the big stack you should put a lot of pressure to all the medium size stacks who still have a lot to win and lot to lose. Short stacks don’t have much to lose so don’t push them by default.

Please try this if you think it made any sense and you can allways ask me more if I wasn’t clear enough with something (this is not my first language but as you might have noticed I’m still pretty comfortable using it :D but when you’re writing while thinking there will be mistakes made). And if you’re going to try even some of the stuff from this post I would very much like to hear if some of it improved your results.

Good luck to the tables and remember always to set your game brains either into the cash game mode or to the tournament mode. Please don’t mix them up, it won’t be pretty ;):D

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you dont seem to read properly what I wrote . I often get far in tournaments

in real life I am a better cash game player actually but in real life people dont hit their 1-4 outers on me left and right ....I dont get coolered every f...ing hand in real life .

keep believing that online poker is not rigged people . meh ...

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can I see Magik’s videos in Youtube or where has he posted them? Is it under the same username? Could you please help me out to the right direction, mate :)

Just type in "suckout stepchild" on the tube pal and you will find hundreds of them, I read that they paid a lot of money to stop doing them, he went all in against the site built a website and everything haha and IMO he is hilarious its like a dry witty sarcasm.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to think they are cheating us with an algorithm but I just don't think so. either way I have never put any money in ACR and I have been playing having fun (key work Fun) for years.

PoolDemon

PoolDemon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It clearly can't "be rigged" but is certainly frustrating when the best hand when the chips went in seems to rarely win. The volume of hands we see online vs live brings out that variance.
I bet if you kept track of how many times you turned or river'd a flush, or hit your ace or whatever card you needed after the flop, you'd think differently as it was yourself that was most likely behind...:eek:

B

barags

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sometimes looks like it but I dont think its rigged at all.

S

Shark Feeder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
you dont seem to read properly what I wrote . I often get far in tournaments

in real life I am a better cash game player actually but in real life people dont hit their 1-4 outers on me left and right ....I dont get coolered every f...ing hand in real life .

keep believing that online poker is not rigged people . meh ...

Oh, excuse me. I see now that you actually said ”...and rarely do I not win one” or something similar. I first thought it said ”...and rarely do I win one”.

So I indeed didn’t read it properly. Sorry, man. My bad :(

I think sometimes that it’s rigged in a way that they deal cards in a way that seems to be inducing more action than just random cards. At least I used to think like that much more strongly than I do today. I also think it might have changed in a way that they’ve stopped that kind of practice in recent years but I might have also imagined the whole thing.

So my answer is that I don’t know (naturally) but if it’s rigged it’s propably extremely rare. But people seem to remember their bad beats much longer than their own suckouts.

Just type in "suckout stepchild" on the tube pal and you will find hundreds of them, I read that they paid a lot of money to stop doing them, he went all in against the site built a website and everything haha and IMO he is hilarious its like a dry witty sarcasm.

Thanks for the tip, mate. I’ll have to check that out and see what you were talking about. It seems really intriguing. Good luck to the tables :top:

Last edited by a moderator:
Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, excuse me. I see now that you actually said ”...and rarely do I not win one” or something similar. I first thought it said ”...and rarely do I win one”.

So I indeed didn’t read it properly. Sorry, man. My bad :(

no problem buddy :)

madbeeet

madbeeet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that according to the theory of probability, the most amusing situations can occur that would seem impossible) When playing poker with friends, I saw terribly ridiculous hands when the cards were laid down so that if it was online, I would think about falsification))

B

binalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that normal coincidence cannot be compared with computer coincidence,
but I also think that there are opportunities for manipulation and
there is also manipulation

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sometimes looks like it but I dont think its rigged at all.

How naive can one be?
It is and their is proof, go and watch Pot Ripper Or Suckout stepchild on tube it has been proven to be rigged years ago. Find out what a SUPER USER is. They been caught already many times they will be caught again.

PS. RNG is just for the shuffle pre flop and not AFTER hmmmmm.

jdorganic

jdorganic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
generates cards based on the movement of the mouse and stuff like that 😄

jdorganic

jdorganic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How naive can one be?
It is and their is proof, go and watch Pot Ripper Or Suckout stepchild on tube it has been proven to be rigged years ago. Find out what a SUPER USER is. They been caught already many times they will be caught again.

PS. RNG is just for the shuffle pre flop and not AFTER hmmmmm.

Yea mostly Canadian people are super user

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sometimes it seems to be rigged, when u get the 101s suck out with aa against any two...but in the next hand u get your one outer on the river and than u r happy and forget about that ;)

pablow

pablow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, i don't think so. If you play good, you overreach the luck factor.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every poker site has the stealth user backdoor for "admin purposes" inevitably people will abuse it.

Wherever is money online you will find cheats and hackers. Its not a debate, the Super Users were exposed years ago and the sites caught closed down, then all new sites popped up do people actually think they stopped? They stopped getting caught more like it.

The Sky is blue, the grass is green and online poker is rigged. Play for fun online, if you want to play real poker then go and play real poker you must treat online as a "computer game" and accept it is not going to give you a fair shake for your $$.

After Pot Ripper nothing could change my mind, its like if a guy killed somebody but it was ten years ago, he is still a killer.

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is manipulated why so many people dedicate themselves to this based on their efforts?
Also, with the millions that the big halls earn ... Do you think they would care who wins? If the commissions are very high. That I win or that you win for them does not matter. They are always winning. The only way to continue growing is by providing security and good service.
That's my point of view. It is also the one I like to believe of course.
Regards.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is manipulated why so many people dedicate themselves to this based on their efforts?
Also, with the millions that the big halls earn ... Do you think they would care who wins? If the commissions are very high. That I win or that you win for them does not matter. They are always winning. The only way to continue growing is by providing security and good service.
Regards.

So you believe something even though it has already been PROVEN. This is not my opinion its a fact I have seen it.

Pot Ripper - Super Users - more action =- more rake. Why would they do it? Because they can!!

Almost the entire pro roster was involved in the Super User scandal. I'm not talking about bad beats here I'm talking about company employees/associates who can see everybody's cards. The amount of denial in this subject has gone on for years, a complete refusal to acknowledge the evidence. POT RIPPER it happens! and the videos are still up even though they paid everybody who was investigating to go away.

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you believe something even though it has already been TESTED. This is not my opinion, it is a fact that I have seen it.

Pot Ripper - Super users - more action = - more rake. Why would they do it? Because they can !!

Almost the entire roster of professionals was involved in the superuser scandal. I'm not talking about bad beats here, I'm talking about company employees / associates who can see everyone's cards. The amount of denial on this topic has gone on for years, a total refusal to acknowledge the evidence. POT RIPPER it happens! and the videos are still posted even though they paid everyone who was investigating to leave.

Ok I respect your opinion! I simply do not agree, also as I said in my post, it is just my thought, maybe what I like to believe. Because otherwise I wouldn't play anymore if I rely on your arguments, and the truth is that I don't want to stop playing for fear of bots or "traps".
I prefer to improve day by day and beat all the humans that I come across ... I suppose it will be profitable that way .. haha ​​Greetings bro

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play everyday too so I know what you mean I didn't want to believe it but I do find it insane that people will have say its not rigged even AFTER seeing pot ripper, I only play micro online now save my money for real poker, my avg online roi is 380% so I suspect I am doing ok.

People do not call all in for 100k with 9 high, Pot ripper did though many times when he knew his opponents had 8 high, they have just learnt to cheat better now because the online poker community exposed them.

Classic rake builder is the two pair on the flop vs a set, the programme works beautifully I see it all the time, the more rake they generate the more they get paid.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please watch POT RIPPER before debating this subject guys as this is not an opinion I have its a fact.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regards.

because

1. more rake . juicy boards where everybody hits big = more rake . in real life for example if I have AJ and hit my J on the flop I win against several opponents . while yesterday for example I had AJ and the flop came 8-J-2 or something and I had 2 opponents . guess what they had . one had 88 the other had JJ . typical online scam . or I hit a full house but lose to quads and another guy has a flush . such stuff happens nonstop online . in real life poker it is a rare thing to happen and no it is not because of "you play more hands online" ....that is such an overused phrase . hands are hands and math is math . you can play weeks in real life before such things happen

oh and btw. I already said it in the last days but I will say it again . I hit 3 royal flushes within 3-4 days of playing and I am not even multitabling . all of the 3 royals were on the same pokersite

lol at muh "variance" ... "u PlaY mOrE hAnDs OnLiNe BrO" ....lol

2. to keep bad players on the site playing . if it was about skill then the best players would destroy the vast majority of players

the biggest donk I know in real life has made decent money online . I crushed the guy several times in real life . he is such a fish ....basically a dream opponent to have on the table . if you saw him playing you would not believe that he can win any money at all ....but online he did . because donks get babysitted by these sites

3. because they can . as machin already said