Is Online Poker Rigged?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. If it is rigged, I don't want to know.

BlastErMastEr

BlastErMastEr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think online poker is rigged, but sometimes i feel like it is. The only reason we see more suckouts online is becauae we see way more hands per hr. If we seen same as many hands live im sure it would be around the same variance.

BlastErMastEr

BlastErMastEr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just had AK against AQ in a mtt all in pre and he flops 3 Qs. Guess thats just poker.

D

dedyulya_85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes everything is fine they move everywhere you should watch your distance and not judge by 50-100 tournaments play and everything will be fine

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had 3 royal flushes (on one site) within 3-4 days . as I said before online poker is 10000% rigged

I made first place in a 5.5$ MTT a couple of days ago and won 540$ or something and I often get to the money in tourneys and not rarely do I win one . and in real life I made decent cash in home cash games . so no I am not a bad player . I might not be a great one but I know what I am doing . I am sure that it is rigged ...10000% sure

I only play freerolls nowdays

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online like poker everywhere can be and has been rigged. The most interesting online case I remember was when the software codes were stolen and the cheater was able to see your face down cards on his screen. The old trick of creasing the card edges and marking cards is going on everyday and bots and collusion players and team still thrive out there. It takes players to report suspicious activities to the security teams who have fantastic software to investigate. Hacking accounts is also a huge problem. Do you remember when "fossilman" Greg Raymer had his account hacked. The thief played from Greg's account and dropped thousands into a second account.

Williams28

Williams28

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do think that their are bots in online poker but if you are patience and pay attention to how they play you can beat them. Typically a bots will be on multiple tables at the same time everyday. Wish you the best of luck.

BlastErMastEr

BlastErMastEr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's also called 'equity'.

aq is beating ak 25% of the time. that 25% includes all possible winning combinations, including flopping quads.

It just sucks when it happens. Lol

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it is rigged. All the reputable sited use RNG. Though I do understand how it feels that way. I've asked myself that same question. But I think it is pretty legit when it comes to that.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone have some list with safe poker sites what sites we should avoid?!

there will be people that will tell you that most if not all sites are legit

and there are people like me who will tell you that most if not all sites are rigged

it will depend on who you want to believe .

W

Wompstar8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can tell you straight away that I seen 5 Jack's in a hand at bovada of course hand history lied and no way to prove it I wasnt recording it unfortunately... intertops feels very very rigged. Everywhere else seems legit particularly bet online/ sportsbetting and global poker seem 100% legit

BlastErMastEr

BlastErMastEr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
eh, i guess. depends on when it happens, but can you really get upset over someone flopping quads?

if you're going to bust out or lose a hand, that's definitely a great way to go.

Wasnt a bad way to go at all. I would have played the same way he did also. Just 4 away from money kinda hurt. 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I wish to think not and hope I am right. Long live online poker!

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Time to time it look like rigged.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a good video on YouTube featuring Lee Smith who used to run Stars about the randomness of their Random Number Generator.

U

userme4321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing with friends I would get burnt just like online. For a time I thought I was just unlucky. I would loose 3 out 4 times with A's in the hole, online and live.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Come on guys of course its rigged, it would be naive to think otherwise. Their will always be scammers where there is cash its just something we have to accept as the price for instant poker.

Do people really think the super users just went away after Pot Ripper? Every single site has the super users stealth program for "admin purposes".

The things that bums me out the most is that almost every cent lost on TV High stakes poker was stolen from us the online poker community and funneled to the pros via super user accounts, no wonder they played for millions and did not care if they lost, easy when its free money.

Nobody was even really punished for this, the poker sites folded and popped back up with different names. Just treat online poker as fun like going the cinema, you pay and you get entertained. These things rarely happen in real poker.

I have no sympathy for anybody that loses money online especially after all the work Magik did to expose jokerstars and especially after the super user scandal. I still watch Magiks Jokerstars videos every once in a while to remind me why to play live. And it doesn't hurt to watch Pot Ripper either will save you $£$£$£

Anybody who has never seen him just type suckout stepchild into the tube, guy was a legend before he "vanished"

Stay safe at the tables guys and if u think he cant have 96o on a 578 board...think again, just cos u PF raised $1000 at 50/100 with your aces its a standard call at bingo poker.

Pomf123

Pomf123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today has made me feel like it's probably weighted to entice people to play looser hands. constant string of suck outs from the same people.

C

chs2051

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
see some crazy suckouts and think it might be rigged

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had 3 royal flushes (on one site) within 3-4 days . as I said before online poker is 10000% rigged

I made first place in a 5.5$ MTT a couple of days ago and won 540$ or something and I often get to the money in tourneys and not rarely do I win one . and in real life I made decent cash in home cash games . so no I am not a bad player . I might not be a great one but I know what I am doing . I am sure that it is rigged ...10000% sure

I only play freerolls nowdays

Luckboxing ONE tournament doesn't necessarily mean anything.