Just how random ARE the random card generators in poker?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm certain that spending any more than this 5 seconds on you is a waste of time.

As far as player's names go... do your own homework. There are MANY! (do you think 'regs' just keep on playing but without winning?)
You've spent much more than 5 seconds and continue to do so even right at this moment. Wow, what a guy.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9a45942308958b8e895624e3f915e8a8.png

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It's funny how you can have such a long topic in poker. But it's quite interesting that it continues like this. At least for me. Because as time goes by and I'm still studying poker. I realize that those who can't stop admitting that they are being cheated on are still giving me money 🤣 because if it's about not losing. They would then have to stop playing. It's that simple. If they don't trust the system. Stop playing. Or play fictitious money. For my part, I trust the system a lot and every day I try to adapt my game to how online poker works. I play in PP, PS,888, GG, WPT, ClubGG, and others and I really don't see any difference in terms of the mix of the cards.

Here is a very interesting video that explains a little bit about the method used by most poker rooms today. I hope it helps you. 🤘

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play in PP, PS,888, GG, WPT, ClubGG, and others and I really don't see any difference in terms of the mix of the cards.
play more and you will see, the RNG are different, this doesn't means this is bad or good, is just different

Last edited:
kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don’t believe the RNG is at all random, but gives a likeness to it. Random is only something that can be generated by physically engaging the connected variables, the generator is based on algorithms that have been programmed into a schematic of results. Thus creating a need by programmable logic that it should try to follow it’s protocol and produce the variance over time that is the mathematical statistical data on paper... The fact it is based off of the statistical data is indeed why it can’t be truly random... A paradox within its own blueprint lol

In basic terms it’s exactly like the pay out percentage of a slot machine over a set period of time etc.

Last edited:
pabbl

pabbl

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
See the explanation in the video below. Note that comments were enabled for anyone to express their opinions. After receiving much criticism, it was disabled. Coincidence only in that specific video? To reflect.

I like this Video about shuffling

I shuffle a lot in Clubs

I mean dancing clubs

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
play more and you will see, the RNG are different, this doesn't means this is bad or good, is just different

Good. There could be a difference maybe. But it's imperceptible and above all, it works the same way in terms of variance in the game. What I can assure you is that within the last 6 months, just on GG I have not been able to win anything, unlike the other Rooms where I do have profits.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just so you understand what I am trying to say: PO claims that sites aren't in anyway rigged. My claim is that if this is the case, then we should have some top players that can play on any of the sites and equally crush the games. But what I am seeing is that the top players tend to just focus on a single site where they are doing well, and their success doesn't translate to other sites when they try.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just so you understand what I am trying to say: PO claims that sites aren't in anyway rigged. My claim is that if this is the case, then we should have some top players that can play on any of the sites and equally crush the games. But what I am seeing is that the top players tend to just focus on a single site where they are doing well, and their success doesn't translate to other sites when they try.
based on what evidence LMAO.
Do your own homework on this... then maybe you'd know what you don't know now (instead of convincing yourself of something because of made up witch hunts with tinfoil hats).
For starters, why not check the TOP 100 (or the TOP 1,000 list) of today's winning MTT players (at least the ones who opt in to have their overall stats. listed). Do you even know of something like this that exists? It sure doesn't seem so. Previously you've asked to see 'any' players who are winning on any sites.
When I read your statements/comments, it tells me you just don't have much experience or knowledge and haven't done much of anything to find things out for yourself. Instead it's post in some rigged thread and find other riggies rookies who share similar beliefs.

I was always interested in following others who were doing well at games I was playing or watching. I've followed MANY players... since 2007 til' now. Many of today's bigger live MTT players were actually low (& mid) stakes grinders in 2007-2009.

Also, if you're playing in ANY tournament online, you can easily check some of the players stats for that particular site and if it's a game that is $11+ (sometimes lower but the consistency is not as much in the micros due to larger number of recreationals vs. good regulars). & once the tourney is down to the last 20% of players, you'll find that the majority of players on your table will actually be 'winning' players, and many with a HUGE amount of volume (it's not unusual to see players on your table with 30,000, 50,000 or 80,000+ games played). THe deeper you go in ANY tournament, the bigger % of winning vs. losing players you will see and I am not talking 5 vs. 4... it is more like 1 or 2 losers...all the others winners. Why not go try a sample size for yourself... get some 'real' data so you can actually base it on something concrete instead of just b.s. from some freeroller who doesn't know what they are even talking about... just that 'flushes hit more often on such & such site' ... or if you cashout you'll lose for the next 60days, etc. etc.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cool, so this is an example of a player that does very well on Stars but not so good elsewhere (or just chooses not to play much elsewhere).
Way too small of sample size to know how good he is on other sites. Maybe the game he plays doesn't exist on other sites? Maybe he doesn't have computer set up that can handle him playing on multiple sites with the number of tables he's playing. Could be a gazillion reasons. That's '1 player'. (other screenames on other sites might not even be him... or might be games from 10years. ago. You'll only KNOW if you check for yourself)

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I’m going to say this. A guy who runs a game I used to frequent was offered a 6month trail on an increased rake back on a site because he was consistently playing and grinding with disciplined focus. The moment he accepted and started said scheme he reported to us that his ROI changed over night. He was always on about how the RNG was just that but since he has completely changed his tune.

Where there is a means, there is a way. If you can imagine a circumstance and feasibly construct it’s schematic theoretically, the likelihood is that it’s possible and already being done. Proof? That sounds only something if a trail of breadcrumbs can be followed... where would and how could such a trial be acquired and/or found?

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's funny how you can have such a long topic in poker. But it's quite interesting that it continues like this. At least for me. Because as time goes by and I'm still studying poker. I realize that those who can't stop admitting that they are being cheated on are still giving me money 🤣 because if it's about not losing. They would then have to stop playing. It's that simple. If they don't trust the system. Stop playing. Or play fictitious money. For my part, I trust the system a lot and every day I try to adapt my game to how online poker works. I play in PP, PS,888, GG, WPT, ClubGG, and others and I really don't see any difference in terms of the mix of the cards.

Here is a very interesting video that explains a little bit about the method used by most poker rooms today. I hope it helps you. 🤘

I got to the 2mim point where the bare bones of it is expressed. The computer needs to be told how to produce random 😝🤷‍♂️

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I’m going to say this. A guy who runs a game I used to frequent was offered a 6month trail on an increased rake back on a site because he was consistently playing and grinding with disciplined focus. The moment he accepted and started said scheme he reported to us that his ROI changed over night. He was always on about how the RNG was just that but since he has completely changed his tune.

Where there is a means, there is a way. If you can imagine a circumstance and feasibly construct it’s schematic theoretically, the likelihood is that it’s possible and already being done. Proof? That sounds only something if a trail of breadcrumbs can be followed... where would and how could such a trial be acquired and/or found?

I suppose you could start by naming this guy & then by providing statistical proof. (fwiw, WHO chooses a player because of their disciplined focus? And how exactly is that measured?? This sounds like the biggest pile of doo-doo I've heard since a post by the puzzler)

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
its totally random here is a post i made before to explain
Ok Im a former programmer I worked for AT&T and IBM. Let me tell you one way I would write a simple poker program. I would create an array simply put it is like a box with 52 boxes in it. I would load that array with the 52 cards randomly by using a random number generator from 1 to 52 and assigning each card a number. That mimics a shuffle. Then I could either start dealing out the cards starting at any point I want or randomly select the slots I would choose the cards from. Done, totally random and it would be no different than a live dealer shuffling a deck and dealing the cards. Now what you are implying is after this is done my program makes some sort of decision if A then B. It doesnt, a random program has no decision points other than is the slot I just chose empty (I have already chose that card) or full. To make this example equal a live dealer, he has 52 slots to put those cards in thinking each card is in its own slot while sitting in the deck. He shuffles them randomly filling the slots he then deals them out accordingly.
If you are not tired of reading then yes I could write a program that specifically deals the cards one way and favors certain players or manipulates the cards according to a flop or players hold cards. But that would not be a random deal and that would not pass any certification criteria.
Hi, dare I ask, are you sure it's just a random program dealing cards? Are you sure the rest of the cards that weren't dealt aren't dealt by the same random program depending on the results and how the players approach the respective hand? I don't want to sound paranoid but after so many years in the game I tend to think that there is more to it than the random dealing of cards whereas in a real table game you really don't have that many chances anymore you have to come down to what see on the table and that's it

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You mean one that can be paraphrased in one sentence: figure it all out yourself?
The fact that you don't do the work shows how you're more able to believe the tinfoil hat stuff.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I got so lucky yesterday, I hit a 1 outter on the river & stacked my opponent for 100bb's. Obviously = RIGGED!

Strange how you NEVER hear the rigtards complain or suggest the site(s) are rigged when they suckout. Hmm....

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great question! Technology has come along way in algorithms are no exception to the evolution of manipulation. There is no random. LOL.. the only random you’re going to get is at a live poker table with a dealer that shuffling manually. True old school and trusted!! Too bad poker sites continue to disappoint 95% of the population.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The fact that you don't do the work shows how you're more able to believe the tinfoil hat stuff.
I have done the work with this. There just aren't many top players that play on multiple platforms. Am I going to show you the list of top players who don't play on multiple platforms? Of course not. And am I going to spend weeks trying to find something that is obviously rare from what I have seen so far? Of course not.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I suppose you could start by naming this guy & then by providing statistical proof. (fwiw, WHO chooses a player because of their disciplined focus? And how exactly is that measured?? This sounds like the biggest pile of doo-doo I've heard since a post by the puzzler)
You can say and think whatever you wish. I won’t name the guy either as he would loose the deal his receiving. I don’t tell lies so think whatever you will.

I will say this though.... There are man6 people who hav witnesses anomaly instances on various clients, I suppose you’re just one of those that unless it happens to them they religiously condemn anything they cant perceive... Walls and bricks etc talking 🤷‍♂️

The way he described it to us as we sat discussing it as we all talked during his monthly £75+£50 bounty was that it was like when playing roulette on a machine and you hit your bigger return numbers one after another on a run. Apart from great cards he was continuously connecting and coming out the better end of spots he shouldn’t.

Last edited:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I got so lucky yesterday, I hit a 1 outter on the river & stacked my opponent for 100bb's. Obviously = RIGGED!

Strange how you NEVER hear the rigtards complain or suggest the site(s) are rigged when they s
Lol! Yes let's default back to stereotyping "rigtards" as people who think a single hand is evidence of a game being rigged. Is that the afternoon activity over there in the nursing home where you're at?

UnderDawg5501

UnderDawg5501

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I'm curious about the idea that his ROI increased because of a higher rakeback incentive.

Could it be that the rakeback was the change? After all, if you are getting some of the rack back, that would change your overall ROI.
Or he could just be having a good month, variance will do that!