Insults in the game, you respond or ignore ?

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ignore some players and color them as fish

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
I completely ignore this type of player, I think that there should be punishment for this type of player.

if it's cardschat freeroll can't ignore, will def say something because love my CCFAM, but normal mtt's i don't care

Prince Mantis

Prince Mantis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Insult in the game

In my opinion we as poker players need to avoid anything that distracts us from the game. Those distractions could be internal and external. External include noice coming from the street, incoming messages, music in headphones, TV and etc. There is also internal distractions that could divert us within the table. I consider that any harmless conversation at the poker table makes player inattentive, thus we start to play worse. Even more so, responding to insult in the game not only makes no sense but has a negative impact on quality of the decision that we make, that will cost us money in the long run. Solution is to turn off the chat and play poker!

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to give in to provocations, this weakens the game by itself, I know, sometimes I can’t restrain myself and answer and the game deteriorates right away

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always ignore and rarely chat much with people I don't know at the table. Cardschat league is different I'm more social there but the game is different I'm playing with the same players every week so its basically like a home game. I usually just ignore someone who insults me in an online poker game because I figure they're about to go on tilt and I can take advantage of them.

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course, you must ignore the players insulting you, because these provocations interfere with the game

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Insult's are used, purely to put you on "tilt" they hope to upset you and get under your skin, so that you make mistakes, but I just ignore them and get on with playing the game, there is nothing better than taking a bully out of the game, and insults and fowl language are just a sign of a low intelligence.
They cannot think of anything intelligent to say so they resort to insulting other players, I am lucky in that I am a big guy, and people usually think twice before they upset me in a Live game so I rarely come across things like this, On-line however they feel safe, sat at home smashing the insults out on the keyboard, but in reality they are just big Coward's and Loser's.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to ignore the provocations of other players, but I don't always succeed.:mad:

D

donfreeman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally, i close the close the chat box

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ignore such incidents because it's not face to face.

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is online i laugh and then mute them. Love that feature. I also mute the whiners or anyone spewing hate.
Not sure how i would handle it in live play

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I was playing a Platinum freeroll from Cards Chat and a guy got so frustrated that he started insulting everyone for every hand he lost, including Nazi chants and homophobic stuff, I was able to find his profile here and with print screens I reported it, fortunately with the good mods we have they done something about, but just ignore it if there is nothing you can do...

E

effece

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally ignore them. it is known that many players use insults to tilt others when they are affected

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually ignore but if I respond it is with dry humor

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont aswer but I know to use emoji to troll guy which is insulting me if there is option in poker to use emoji for trolling or sometimes when I am really tired in late hours I just ignore him and I play normal like I was playing before because answering to him is really waste of time for me.

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore them, they just wasting my time

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I ignore them but when they go to far i will give a proper answer.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
To respond would be fueling the fire and nobody wants to talk to an idiot anyway,it's only a game ;)

The Riff_Raff :cool:

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ignore them and wait until they get knocked out. Usually they are focused on the chat and not the game. When they get knocked out I simply type "I'm gonna miss him".

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I ignore it but reported it and await its removal

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I begin to play I block all my players the possibility to write and never let somebody to insult somebody or even me

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually during the game I rarely look at the chat, but if I suddenly notice an insult, I don’t pay attention, because a person writes and talks about insults not from a great mind, they write their emotions for him, and emotions in poker can ruin a lot)

IllDaShystee

IllDaShystee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to love to engage/troll people. Now I observe.

Top 10 Games