How can someone manage to play at 17 tables simulatenously?

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i can play maximum of 4 tables ! too much headache for more ! can't focus.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to play more than 2 tables at the same time even if my maximum would probably be 4. I don't have fun with too many tables running.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it's possible in theory, but in practice it's very difficult

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe there's an application available called ninja who automatically buy you in to a multiple tables simultaneously.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i can barely keep up with 2 tables so 17 is out of my league

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a big screen and a table-balancing App on your PC, I've played up to 20 tables at once.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way ... i cant even manage 3 at once !

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's Amazing!
I sometimes play up to 6 tables! And it's a struggle! I sometimes missed to play my pocket AA~

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you need to think to make a good decision. The thought process takes some time. Difficult situations require you to activate extra time in the form of a timebank. And if such a decision needs to be made at 6 tables? And for 12?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
They don't have to think about hands, the software they use does all the thinking for them, All they need to do is be fast on the mouse clicks and go with the software predictions. Sure it is not 100% guaranteed they are going to win every game, but if the program is right 30% of the time they will have an ROI of 30%.
I prefer to play one table at a time, relax while I play and try and win the game with my own brain power and skills, to me this is just another form of cheating, using programs to play games for you is profitable until the poker site catch you using some illegal software, then they ban you from playing and confiscate your money.
All forms of software should be banned if it helps you to make the decisions, and all you need to do is follow it. This is anther reason i will never play for high stakes on-line, I don't trust some of the players!
If there is money involved, some people will try and find a way of beating the system and take all the money they can, but you won't find too many of them playing micro stakes and freerolls, if they did then just hope the programs that are being used are on the 70% fail rate.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have seen players doing it online . But I do not know for sure if they are winners overally . Playing 17 tables or more , you should have good skills to act tight and quickly. Know dilutions for many hands and cases . I go not have these solutions . I play very few tables

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Katie Dozier used to 24 table sng's successfully.

The most I ever played was 12 but it was not optimal. My best number of tables would be 4 - maybe 6 as a push.

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Cool and respect to such a dude, I couldn't do that, I play a maximum of 3 sometimes 4 tables.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
They use a tool to organize it, still you would need to play without thinking too much, it's more like being on autopilot, but I imagine when they get deep in the tournaments they can focus more on fewer tables and play better, even if they started with 20 tables .

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Great thing, how can!! he have employees 🤔

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They don't have to think about hands, the software they use does all the thinking for them, All they need to do is be fast on the mouse clicks and go with the software predictions. Sure it is not 100% guaranteed they are going to win every game, but if the program is right 30% of the time they will have an ROI of 30%.
I prefer to play one table at a time, relax while I play and try and win the game with my own brain power and skills, to me this is just another form of cheating, using programs to play games for you is profitable until the Poker site catch you using some illegal software, then they ban you from playing and confiscate your money.
All forms of software should be banned if it helps you to make the decisions, and all you need to do is follow it. This is anther reason i will never play for high stakes on-line, I don't trust some of the players!
If there is money involved, some people will try and find a way of beating the system and take all the money they can, but you won't find too many of them playing micro stakes and freerolls, if they did then just hope the programs that are being used are on the 70% fail rate.

I disagree with many of your statements here.
a) the player I was mentioning plays most of their tables while on GGPoker (3rd party HUD's/tracking software doesn't work on GGPoker). Their other tables played on Stars & 888poker are played without the use of a HUD. (many other MTT players play similarly)

b) 'if' the program was right (first off, the program is neither right or wrong. It merely keeps a record of your playing stats. while on the same tables with that player. ie. it'll show stats. like 'how many hands you've played in total (while on same tables as the player), 'what % of hands you play' 'what % you choose to 3Bet preflop', etc. etc. One would need large sample sizes for many of the stats. to have much meaning. It doesn't tell you what to do at all. One needs to interpret stats. (ie. "they are playing a lot of hands") and then make an adjustment accordingly... or not... if they have chosen to even access said stat.).
... IF the program was right 30% of the time that would actually result in that player being a LOSING player. (they would need to be 'right' 50% of the time just to break even (not including rake).

I'm not sure why it is difficult to imagine players who are capable of playing a large number of tables without cheating. I mean there are loads of them and it's easy enough to watch them online in a variety of ways.

G

Gam40

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
A lot of online "gurus" used to shout about the only way to grind a profit online is by multi-tabling, but to be honest I think the better strategy now is just being good at your game and knowing when to shift levels, up and down. There is more benefit in crushing a high value table with your full attention rather than just playing snap across multi-tables.

G

Gam40

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I disagree with many of your statements here.
a) the player I was mentioning plays most of their tables while on GGPoker (3rd party HUD's/tracking software doesn't work on GGPoker). Their other tables played on Stars & 888poker are played without the use of a HUD. (many other MTT players play similarly)

b) 'if' the program was right (first off, the program is neither right or wrong. It merely keeps a record of your playing stats. while on the same tables with that player. ie. it'll show stats. like 'how many hands you've played in total (while on same tables as the player), 'what % of hands you play' 'what % you choose to 3Bet preflop', etc. etc. One would need large sample sizes for many of the stats. to have much meaning. It doesn't tell you what to do at all. One needs to interpret stats. (ie. "they are playing a lot of hands") and then make an adjustment accordingly... or not... if they have chosen to even access said stat.).
... IF the program was right 30% of the time that would actually result in that player being a LOSING player. (they would need to be 'right' 50% of the time just to break even (not including rake).

I'm not sure why it is difficult to imagine players who are capable of playing a large number of tables without cheating. I mean there are loads of them and it's easy enough to watch them online in a variety of ways.

True! So much software out there now, I think its just something else to contend with; you have to make a choice, 1) fight them with the same weapons, or 2) exploit them when variance plays to your favour. Software can only play as well as the data it has been fed allows it, it doesn't properly allow for real human strategy and deviance.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Btw off to those players that can successfully play so many tables . Those players have all my respect. You have to be very focused . Certainly no easy task.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Few can achieve that, I in particular with a maximum of 6 manage to stay focused on all the action, in more than 6 it is already very complicated for me and consequently more losses than victories, admirable how they manage to do that

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With the suitable apparatus and equipments it's quite possible.

M

Maximum

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played 24 tables NL cash 6 handed and i was winning but than game was so easier .Anyway if you have good software 2 or 3 monitors you can do it .

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are screens for that, my largest number of simultaneous games was eight screens, and it was almost impossible to manage the games ....

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing 16 tables for quite long period of time, 12 was easy to play, 16 = several hours. Had 2 monitors for that and been using hotkeys.
Currently using just 1 monitor I can easily play 9 tables without hotkeys, just using mouse.
You can install APM (Action Per Minute) counter that some pro video gamers use and see how good you are in clicking, for example if you watch StarCraft tournament finals - professional players have APM above 300, that's 5-6 clicks per second using both keyboard and mouse, they also make decisions, and that's not doubleclicking or spamming APM.