How can someone manage to play at 17 tables simulatenously?

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
well i havent tried playing that many games but certainly it would be a challenge ...

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a trophy for him.
with 6 screens I'm already starting to do silly things.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
That is to much. I try once to play 4 and 5 tables, but that is no seriously poker play...for me.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Many of the serious players use HUDs for instant information and all they have to do is follow the % on screen and click buttons, they don't actually have to think about hands and the number of outs they might have as the HUDs do that for you.
If that is what making a living from on-line Poker is all about then good luck to you, personally I play for pleasure and fun, never use HUDs or other software as I find I like to think about my next decision and not let the computer advise me, sometimes I make mistake's but that is Human Nature!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I never play more than 6 tables at a time, and 4-5 is more normal for me. However I play from a laptop, and I can see, how its possible to increase your table count, if you sit behind a desk and use a 2 monitor setup. But for me its also a question of mental fatique. I think, people playing 10+ tables at a time, are usually in their 20`th, and many get tired and burn out after a while. Finally with the explanation, that the graphic show tournaments, where he already busted, but are still running, then 17 is not that extreme. With a number of early to mid phase bustouts, its pretty easy for that number to increase to maybe 3 times the number of events, he is actually currently playing.

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I'm fascinated by players who can handle so many tables.
I myself have already reached my limit with 3-6 tournaments at the same time.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Some MTT players play this many & some play many more. Keep in mind, you're only looking them up on 1 site,... most play at many sites.
The streamer I watch often has 20 games running. Here's a screenshot of his screens near the beginning of one of his sessions. Keep in mind these are with an avg. buyin of ~$100 or slightly higher. And while also bringing a table into view & giving commentary on it, reading the chat in the stream and answering questions.... all of this, while streaming!
26 tablesView attachment 328971

Always had mad respect for the guys that could/can do this and still be a winning player. Use to blow me away to watch Chris Moorman(way back before a lot of the new aids) play a single table then search his name on the site and see him playing 24+ tables and winning vast majority of them. Just insanely good talented and skilled.

On the other hand I get 3-4 full ring tables going nothing else and my heads spinning, I'm lost and in less then 600 hands that day I'm down $18 playing 2nl and ready to pull my hair out. Between the coolers, bad beats and then missing the bluffs which a normally catch when I double table. All them tables it's madness I tell lol.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maybe a lot of these tables are in the air...? I can play 4 tables sometimes. 17 is unrealistic...

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Some MTT players play this many & some play many more. Keep in mind, you're only looking them up on 1 site,... most play at many sites.
The streamer I watch often has 20 games running. Here's a screenshot of his screens near the beginning of one of his sessions. Keep in mind these are with an avg. buyin of ~$100 or slightly higher. And while also bringing a table into view & giving commentary on it, reading the chat in the stream and answering questions.... all of this, while streaming!
26 tablesView attachment 328971
honestly dear friend, i think this is utterly insaneo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Cheers:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well since you found out Andy I'll tell you the truth.
My Pro nick is sharkscope. It's me :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think it's silly. You can't truly concentrate on more than 4.
You can consider it silly all you want. The fact is that those players are the winning players in online poker, especially in low stakes. And it makes a lot of sense. Imagine someone playing one or 2 tables of NL2 or NL5. How much money do you think they could make in a good session of 6 to 8 hours ? Now if you want to talk about a decent amount, just multiply whatever they made by the number of tables they can handle...

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't play at more than 3 tables at once. I've seen some screenshots of players that had 10+ tables. From my point of view it's impossible to play at so many tables in the same time. But they win money from poker, for me it's just a hobby

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's impressive how they manage to think so fast and evaluate their opponents' range when you are listening to all those beep alerts :p

Sometimes I top my session to 12 tables but I use a mixed stack and tile method overlay, what I mean by that: I have 4 or 6 tilled tables and usually on the upper left corner I stack my less important ones. By less important I mean the smaller buy ins and the SNGs, the applied strategy for them is just ABC poker so not much thinking is needed. My ~3/4 of my poker playing is happening on PS , so the other slots are dedicated to other sites.

You can also try some extra software which makes all the above job for you like: Jurojin , Table Ninja 2 , Stack n'Tile etc.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
And the run is still long...but impressive stuff. Im amazed and confused at the same time :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's impressive how they manage to think so fast and evaluate their opponents' range when you are listening to all those beep alerts :p

Sometimes I top my session to 12 tables but I use a mixed stack and tile method overlay, what I mean by that: I have 4 or 6 tilled tables and usually on the upper left corner I stack my less important ones. By less important I mean the smaller buy ins and the SNGs, the applied strategy for them is just ABC poker so not much thinking is needed. My ~3/4 of my poker playing is happening on PS , so the other slots are dedicated to other sites.

You can also try some extra software which makes all the above job for you like: Jurojin , Table Ninja 2 , Stack n'Tile etc.

I've been wanting to adapt to a grid of either 6 or 12 tables, and then have the grid stacked '2' high but I'm not even sure if I can set up a grid like this. (would also like to have it set up so that all PKO's are in same area). I suppose I should work on getting accustomed to either 6 or 12 and then look to see if I can stack them 2 high... and if it's 6 tables, later to get them up to 3 high.
I've bookmarked a bunch of the table management sites and have looked into some ie. 'Intuitive Tables', and also Jurojin.

I've been playing cash game for quite a long time but I'm transitioning back to MTT's. I haven't quite figured out what works for me (currently go with either 12 tables tiled on a 32" monitor, or 6 on a 32" & 4 on a 24".). There's a lot of neck movement though hence my wanting to get some table management software instead.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that many pros and streamer rarely have to think about their choices. It just boils down to sayings like "Always cbet this type of hand on this flop."
These players typically employ some form of pseudo-GTO technique, negating the necessity for reads or tells as a result. They solely employ sound
strategy and grind out a tiny return over a huge sample. It involves practice, identifying common locations, having a foundational plan and making decisions faster. It's not the most enjoyable method to play, but it's unquestionably more enjoyable and lucrative than working a 9 to 5 job for most of them i guess.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is actually an automated game. That is, I mean that the player has a clearly defined range and therefore makes all decisions instantly, on autopilot :)
Anyone who wants to achieve such a result can certainly do it if he is patient and disciplined enough, but we all need to learn to play at least one table first, and this is probably the most difficult part of this task :)

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
wow it's amazing how he can dominate so many tables at the same time, I can barely play concentrated on 4 tables, he must have very good concentration and know poker very well

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I've been wanting to adapt to a grid of either 6 or 12 tables, and then have the grid stacked '2' high but I'm not even sure if I can set up a grid like this. (would also like to have it set up so that all PKO's are in same area). I suppose I should work on getting accustomed to either 6 or 12 and then look to see if I can stack them 2 high... and if it's 6 tables, later to get them up to 3 high.
I've bookmarked a bunch of the table management sites and have looked into some ie. 'Intuitive Tables', and also Jurojin.

I've been playing cash game for quite a long time but I'm transitioning back to MTT's. I haven't quite figured out what works for me (currently go with either 12 tables tiled on a 32" monitor, or 6 on a 32" & 4 on a 24".). There's a lot of neck movement though hence my wanting to get some table management software instead.
I play on a 15'' laptop's monitor. One super tip is to stack from the same poker client and always have checked the option of the popping up the table when action is required etc.
So if you see my grid I have stacked 5-6 PS tables and on the other position 2-3 stacked GG tables etc. It may sound chaotic but it is not!!!

Jurojin is an excellent help , used to be totally free and now is free only for the micros(buy in =<$5, I think).

I think you should start with 4 (tilled-stacked).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play on a 15'' laptop's monitor. One super tip is to stack from the same poker client and always have checked the option of the popping up the table when action is required etc.
So if you see my grid I have stacked 5-6 PS tables and on the other position 2-3 stacked GG tables etc. It may sound chaotic but it is not!!!

Jurojin is an excellent help , used to be totally free and now is free only for the micros(buy in =<$5, I think).

I think you should start with 4 (tilled-stacked).
Thanks for the tips! It makes complete sense.
I think the reason I haven't started using it yet is just adapting to something new/different and the learning curve while getting accustomed to it.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
This is madness...o_O I normally play at two tables, if I have 3-4-5 tables open at the same time, I'm starting a mess at all the tables