How can someone manage to play at 17 tables simulatenously?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi forum,

I am playing an MTT and I came across a player who seemed to know the game, so I looked him up on sharkscope. Indeed he's a winning player over 14k MTTs with an ROI close to 30%.

When I checked the tabs, I noticed he's currently playing 17 MTTs.

How can he do that?

He's also not really playing slow, responding to his actions in 2-3 seconds?

I'm amazed.

Edit:
Ah, I looked myself up and it also shows the MTTs where you busted as "running". So that explains it quite a bit. :LOL:

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
It always amazed me too. Best I can manage is double tabling lol and make a profit. I remember Chris Moorman way back(Moneymaker poker boom) use to play some 20+ tables at a time. Lots of the top online grinders did that back then.

Cheers!!!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Table prioritazion or whatever that is could be the key in case like this (or not) :unsure:

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
this is directly Julius Caesar)) who could do several things at the same time)))

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Showing games where you busted does this make more normal yes, but there are people that do play so many tables if not even the max at the same time. It's insanely draining to do so however. Not just the poker knowledge you need, but even with the help of HUDs people are using, there is an insane amount of actions you need to do par minute, while also making hard "though out" decision (doubt there is much thinking hehe, as you just don't have the time).
I tried to do that on cash games (I believe it was 20 tables at that time), min buy-in and just playing AA KK and QQ if in position. Most of the hands went from raise pre flop into all in on flop. I only managed to play for about 2-3hours at max and then my brain was completely fried. I can't even imagine how do you actually do that in tournament play.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Edit:
Ah, I looked myself up and it also shows the MTTs where you busted as "running". So that explains it quite a bit. :LOL:
lol, good explanation. I use to play up to 10-12 tables in a monitor, and a few more in the other screen, but just for a short period. Anyway I just found it really stressfull so I decided to take it slower.
Is really usefull set the layouts.
The player is probably using table organizer (Table Tamer or equivalent solution)
I didn't know those softwares, sounds like a great tool.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play more than 6-7 tables I get tired very fast, imagine playing more than 10 tables. And it's common to see players with 2 monitors playing more than 15-20 tables. I really can't understand how they can manage to play all these tables at the same time.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some screen management software can help with the task, but it certainly took a lot of practice to keep all the games up to par.

Weekend cardschat games already drive me crazy, I believe that at the moment 6 screens would be the most I could play well, despite having already tried to play with 8.

Anyway, it's always good to observe players like this to take as a reference... thanks for sharing!

tolgaaa88

tolgaaa88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Hi forum,

I am playing an MTT and I came across a player who seemed to know the game, so I looked him up on SharkScope. Indeed he's a winning player over 14k MTTs with an ROI close to 30%.

When I checked the tabs, I noticed he's currently playing 17 MTTs.

How can he do that?

I'm amazed.

View attachment 328939

Edit:
Wow for me it gets difficult with 4 tables at the same time 😅 how does that work with 17?😲😲

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some MTT players play this many & some play many more. Keep in mind, you're only looking them up on 1 site,... most play at many sites.
The streamer I watch often has 20 games running. Here's a screenshot of his screens near the beginning of one of his sessions. Keep in mind these are with an avg. buyin of ~$100 or slightly higher. And while also bringing a table into view & giving commentary on it, reading the chat in the stream and answering questions.... all of this, while streaming!
26 tables26 tables Aaron

tolgaaa88

tolgaaa88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Some MTT players play this many & some play many more. Keep in mind, you're only looking them up on 1 site,... most play at many sites.
The streamer I watch often has 20 games running. Here's a screenshot of his screens near the beginning of one of his sessions. Keep in mind these are with an avg. buyin of ~$100 or slightly higher. And while also bringing a table into view & giving commentary on it, reading the chat in the stream and answering questions.... all of this, while streaming!
26 tablesView attachment 328971
Damn... this is absolutely crazy!!

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that it is important to note here the nature of the many, many games. For example, Hevad Khan was playing "sit 'n go's". Can you imagine if he went heads up in twelve of them at once? I have (uncomfortably) done six at a time, but it was nothing compared to heads up 4X. That was crazy and unfruitful.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it's a matter of experience and habit, respectively. I can play 4-6 tables at the same time without any problems, it's not difficult for me. But if I play more than 6 tables I just start to lose concentration and make mistakes.

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crazy, 17 tournaments, have to 3 monitors. When I play with 6 I already think a lot.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
How can he do that?

I'm amazed.
I've been always "AMAZED" by some kids I knew personally. They play 24 tables and sometimes more with no problem at all.
The few that I knew were from NYU, but I heard that some students from MIT are even more amazing. They play 48 tables and more. But those are all cash players. Nowadays, you can see streamers playing between 10 to 24 MTTs. I can't play more than 6 at a time. I tried 8, but it was a disaster. Right now, I only play one one monitor. With two of them and 4 tables on each, it could be a little easier, but I'm not really sure about it.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
26 tablesView attachment 328971
What a lovely mix of sites and tables.
I wonder how he manages all of that.

But I can see the hourly income being decent this way. 🤑