How to play many tables?

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play one or two tables

My piece of advice is that just play one or two tables cause I suppose you cannot concentrate completely. The best it is just play one table but sometimes there is not action in just one table so then I recommended play two tables. Remember if you play too many tables and still don't have the level you surely lose money so don't focus on play too many tables focus on play your best game on the one or two table you play at the same time.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My piece of advice is that just play one or two tables cause I suppose you cannot concentrate completely. The best it is just play one table but sometimes there is not action in just one table so then I recommended play two tables. Remember if you play too many tables and still don't have the level you surely lose money so don't focus on play too many tables focus on play your best game on the one or two table you play at the same time.

What is the best way to increase the tables?

I need to learn to control my anxiety hahahaha
Do you have any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play 4 tables and have the screen divided by that amount. It is the largest number of tables in which my game is not affected. I tried to play in greater quantity but I can not concentrate, and with a smaller amount, I wait longer hahaha. regards

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The trick is to first become very, very comfortable at a certain stake level. Like you said, when you multi-table you lose out on a lot of information that could give you a bigger advantage, but if your base-level play is solid enough that can still give you a significant edge over the average player. Plus, you get the added bonus of minimizing variance when you multi-table, so the dry runs and suck-outs don't feel so bad.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often play several tables at the same time, but I need to stress that the best results I have when I play only one.
However, I play MTT during which you are moved to a different table evey few minutes and face completely new players each time
then your knowledge about the people is not that relevant.
Also, usually before making the move the players think a lot and you enjoy long waiting time that can be used with another window ( better of poker than soccer).
Many of tournaments are played at the same time 18.30 , 19.00, 19.30 , 20.00 and there is no other way to do it then multitasking.
If I have the opportunity I could play up to 4 tables. Playing more tables is difficult mostly because when you exceed the time the poker software defaults to 'fold' rather than 'call' and quite often you cannot move the mouse fast enough ,
you would need to have a decent internet connection as well.
Again, I could play multiple freerolls, or satellites at the same time, but more important tournaments I play individually.
And, I guess, in case of ring games, when the play of the others may be important I would play only one table.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-5 tables I play on laptop quietly, and see all actions players. And that would play more tables, play on programs. Otherwise, not as you can not watch the players. Buy the program and do not worry about the game.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play more then one table my quality of playing is getting worse, I make many mistakes, I cannow concentrate and remember the actions of players// so... HOW CAN YOU DO IT??:confused::confused: or the actions of other players are not important? the most important thing is our own actions??? how do many people play 4, 8, 16 tables AT THE SAME TIME?????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I play 8 tables and played even 12-18 on pokerstars back at NL2 where it was easier.

You need scripts or 3rd party software that allows you to manage and move tables.

Main 2 approaches are cascade or stack. Cascade is when you want to fit as many tables on your screen as possible. So you watch them all. The more you want to fit the smaller they become. So people use 2 or 3 monitors. Personally I think it's absolutely horrible! Too much eye movement. Hard to focus. Just too erratic for me. Though I prefer this method for multitabling Tourneys. I wouldn't play more than 3-4 at a time.

The other method, which I use for cash game is stack. Basically all your tables are buried behind one. Every time action is needed table beeps and comes to the top of the stack. The problem with this, however, is when you act, it gets buried again and you do not see the rest of the hand/action. That's why you need 3rd party software or scripts that will move the table (that has action) to the side of the stack. And when you are finsihed you bury it back. Also I would use hotkeys for folding.

P.S. HUD is a must! I play 8 tables and still manage to take notes in the process. BUT without HUD and your notes you wont have a clue.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very slow process.... before I got coaching I could play as high as 9, sometimes 12 if I was feeling Nitty.... as soon as I was coached to take diffrent (more profitable) line I had to drop down to 1 or 2....

So with that said, you frist need to find a fundamental system for all 4 streets, memorize your pre flop ranges.... and be disciplined enough to stick to them.... from there it really comes down to what I call "the boredom factor" if the action is just too slow/boring, and you feel like your giving timing tells cause you are acting too quickly. Add 1 table, and keep compounding until you fill up your playing screen....

This take a very long time, but practise makes perfect. For example, I started switching up my game about 3 months ago.... and I just was able to get back up to 4 tables last week..... when I could play 6-9 before regularly.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just start with one table and then when you realize you're comfortable or even bored start running a second. The hard part is making sure you have enough time for each hand's decision and that is where you have to decide how many tables you're comfortable with.

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my maximum of this 4 table. this one will certainly losing. so to speak to splash over-energy. all Windows should be open together next to each other. monitor more then 27.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker at several tables, you, by itself, will find yourself in much more uncomfortable situations than playing at the same table. Therefore, you may want to use a strategy that minimizes the number of complex decisions. This means that you will have to, perhaps, return to the “poker basics”, that is, play in the basic tight-aggressive style in order to avoid heavy draws. And although playing poker in this way can lead to the predictability of your steps, you do not need to get the maximum profit at each table, you will need only small winnings, which will be compensated by the number of games. In addition, more hands played will result in a greater distance of the game in a shorter period of time, which means it will be easier for you to cope with the dispersion. But when playing at high stakes you would prefer to play at a smaller number of tables, as more experienced poker players can easily notice and take advantage of your predictability.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello from me. I'm not in the forum but the topic you like to talk to me. I agree that you have to play as many tables as you can with the skills and add them gradually. But to be a profitable poker player you have to play at least eight tables. I do it regularly and at least one of the eight binds me in 80% of the cases. I wish you success with the game.

Hello again. I play on many tables and exactly eight because the monitor allows me so much. Are there any devices that allow me to play on more tables or I need a bigger monitor. Will be glad to answer some thanks to you fans of poker .

I agree with you
vitalicharniak but I do not agree with the fact that one should not play on many tables with high stakes even more because one was predictable. To win we have to play high stakes. And in order to be unpredictable we have to constantly change our game. Until recently, and success at the tables.

Hello from me. Can I know how you deal with beta beats? Do you play or rest for a while? In general, how long do you need to recover from a beta beat?

leafc4over

leafc4over

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play more then one table my quality of playing is getting worse, I make many mistakes, I cannow concentrate and remember the actions of players// so... HOW CAN YOU DO IT??:confused::confused: or the actions of other players are not important? the most important thing is our own actions??? how do many people play 4, 8, 16 tables AT THE SAME TIME?????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I feel you, it's nearly impossible for me to concentrate on more than one tournament table. Usually, when playing a big tournament, I open one cash game table, never knew why, but it keeps me from tilting on the tourney, and I can leave it whenever it pleases me so if it gets too much and my focus starts wavering, I just close the table.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel you, it's nearly impossible for me to concentrate on more than one tournament table. Usually, when playing a big tournament, I open one cash game table, never knew why, but it keeps me from tilting on the tourney, and I can leave it whenever it pleases me so if it gets too much and my focus starts wavering, I just close the table.

Guys, you must remember that cash games are easier (not easy, but easier) to multitable, because you haven't gotta deal with diffent Stack-to-Blind ratios. In a cash game you just keep your self 100bb or 50bb deep constantly with auto-topup. Your preflop strategy will become almost entirely mechanised, except some instances.

In my opinion Tourneys (mid/late) factor heavy preflop.
Cash is more mechanised preflop and factors more heavy post-flop. You will single out your post flop tables from the stack like I said in my previous post.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker at several tables, you, by itself, will find yourself in much more uncomfortable situations than playing at the same table. Therefore, you may want to use a strategy that minimizes the number of complex decisions

Can you elaborate on this. I multitable and I play each table like it was single. If I elect to, I can even 3bet with air against a high 3bet folder and that's at 8 tables. I'm not sure about your point at all.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play, keep adding a table each time, once u feel u play worse drop one table and play like that for a while, once u get used to it you can keep adding more tables, i personally play 8 tables max coz i feel after that you just cant focus perfectly on every table as you would playing less tables.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played sng for a maximum of three tables, but I mostly play one table. Two or more is not interesting. It is better then to play the limit above, if you want excitement.

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play 1-2 tables.If you play more tables, it will clearly affect the quality of the game

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Multi-tabling is necessary if you want to win because your chances of success increase with the number of tables. It is of course necessary to practice. When I play eight tables I do not care to watch the players; I concentrate on the game.

S

Shep15jon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My limit is 3 tables, and that is tough. 2 is manageable... problem being that if you get involved in a hand on one table and want to see how the betting goes, you’ll miss the betting on another table - crucial in telling you the habits of certain players.

I’ll only play 2-3 tables with SNGs, shorter tournament, over quicker, less of a strain on the brain!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments and sng's I would start with 2 tables and then when you feel comfortable with that add a 3rd - and then a 4th.

Don't go over 4 - you will not be able to play your best poker with more than 4. There are experienced players who can pull that off - but even they will admit they start making mistakes with more than 4 tables. They are just so good and win so often they can afford those few mistakes but people like you and I can not. :)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
like everything starts in anything is difficult to handle ...! I recommend that you start with two tables during a time when you feel comfortable and relaxed ... then you can try another table, I mean to play with three tables .... In my personal case I play with a maximum of 4 tables .... and more than 4 I desconcentro and I stress ...!

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, the less tables you have going the more concentration and better decisions you will make. imo ppl that play to many tables are easier to play as the tend to play a little to much "by the book" .. tight and fold to almost any aggression as they can't focus to much time to one table as their minds are all over the place trying to keep track multi play. 4-6 at most.
try a bunch of micro tables .. and if you are too overwhelmed... cut back to a number that your more comfortable with ..

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing multiple tables. There is advantages to both playing one table and playing multiple tables. Sometimes I'm in the mood to just play one and chat to the players. And get to know their tells. They will C bet the same amount when they miss the flop. A huge tell. Just raise them and 67% of the time they will fold. Or call and check/fold next street. But sometimes you want to make more money so play multiple tables.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 2 tables right now max. Never thought about multi tabling . just always focused on the game at hand. Going to start working multi boxing 3 tables . let you guys know how it goes