How much would you invest on a poker laptop?

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it OK not very expensive ones like US$700 - US$1000.

T

TokeVerdijk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just phone or tablet is enough for me. I move a lot and I need anything portable

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much would you invest on a poker latpop?

I wouldn't buy a laptop for poker. I play on a desktop. Laptops are okay for the library and the like but apart from that...

I agree, I did have my last set-up using a laptop but I had an extra monitor. This past 6 months I upgraded to a desktop with more memory and a decent processor , if you multi-table this makes a big difference. My laptop used to heat up if I had 3 or 4 clients open and 6 + tables. Once the laptop would run hot, I would get some disconnects and slow downs. Computers are reasonably priced now and I spent less than $ 600. I use it for more than poker also.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not too much, I usually play tournaments from my phone and have had no problem in almost 2 years of games and tournaments.
Greetings

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I did have a few problems years ago when I tried to multi table on my laptop which led to crashes etc. I usually only spend around £400 on a basic laptop, but it does what I need, and now I only play single tables I have no problem.
If you are planning to multi table I would suggest getting a Tower system with Gaming in mind so that you have the ability to run multiple tables, also having a separate monitor will give you the added advantage of having as big a screen as possible, to have the tables in a tile format and all screens are visible at all times.
I had fewer problems when I used my tower system, but unfortunately my wife objected to it being in the living room as it took up so much room and I made the mistake of going down the laptop route.
It kept her indoors happy, anything for a quite life. :(

When the fun Stops, STOP!

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion there is no need to invest in a computer just to play poker, I believe that a basic notebook is already enough, unless you are going to play in other places which need something more practical, but then it would not be notebook and yes tablets, for the convenience.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol whatever is on sale. This isn’t multiple frames per second gameplay here. :D

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not necessary to spend a lot. Any unit with Intel i3 or better processor within the past 5 years will do you just fine. Screen size and resolution may actually be more important if you are multitabling. Save the cash you are looking at for the $1800 laptop for your bankroll.

TheIpS

TheIpS

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use my computer not only for playing poker, but also sometimes play games that are quite resource-demanding, I also plan to edit and compress videos. Therefore, I plan to invest about $ 1000 in it.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Personally I would not cheap out when buying a new PC/Laptop. Yes any cheap one will work today but will you need a new one again in 2 years? I finally stopped being cheap and threw the extra few hundred into my last laptop. Only when it was damaged in a accident did it need to be replaced over 4 years later. I was able to run anything on wanted on it and had no issues. I wont go crazy on my next one but wont go cheap either. The better processes and more RAM is worth it.

ked717su

ked717su

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use my old laptop, I haven't invested a drop of money to buy a laptop specifically for poker

A

Avanti3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like anything else these days you pay your money take your chances! After using up a couple computers landed on Toshiba very happy worked well lasted now out of business! No easy way!

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
with a 60 euro laptop u can play eazy , also u can play on phone also

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't invest at all. My laptop is as good as it is for poker.

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I did not know that there were laptops specialized in the game of poker, but if they are not very expensive I would buy it. I would give no more than 150 dollars

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No more than a regular laptop.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i play over my laptop for years guess i spent 500$ on it.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

If they help but they are only probabilities, they are not the definitive answer to win.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an old laptop, it is already 15 years old. I once bought it for $ 800. It was completely enough for me both for study and for poker. On it, 3 different poker clients were launched quickly and stably at once and everything worked without problems.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
a good laptop will always come in handy, you can't save on it
not only for poker, but also for other purposes :icon_sant

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How much would you invest on a poker latpop?

Poker software is generally pretty basic to look at but I am finding clients are becoming more and more CPU intensive. Does you machine struggle running multiple games?
I really invest on poker laptop, it´s important to invest in laptop, when you decide to play poker for real man. I would invest about 2000$ in Laptop