How much would you invest on a poker laptop?

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much would you invest on a poker latpop?

I wouldn't buy a laptop for poker. I play on a desktop. Laptops are okay for the library and the like but apart from that...

I had thought about it for awhile but wanted something portable-ish. But I don't really see that much advantage now with laptops over desktops. The argument was it was easier to upgrade components but don't find that a great argument. Mine is upgradable to 64 GB ram and two hard drive slots so there is not much of an issue and the 17" screen is plenty big enough to run 4 tables I can dual / triple screen it if I want. The size of the laptop though has really been designed as a replacement desktop but if I have to stay somewhere else it is still easy to take with me.

regata123

regata123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would invest 500 euros in a new laptop !

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no more then 150 get them all day long on ebay

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not invest. I have to do with what I have got. Recommend most recent processor and max out on memory. Great graphics with a quick driver for your monitor. 21" monitor. Have fun

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can get a nice setup for a couple grand or you can go cheap couple hundred, there all the same to some. I have a em all and I'd say get it setup so you can hook up a t.v. to it via Bluetooth or hdmi cord and use yr tv as a big screen for playing poker on easily. Good luck and have fun crushing it .

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play on pc and mobile lately, i don't think about buying a laptop at the moment but i have already bought one with game money.

J

JOHNNYROD143

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is any need to buy a poker laptop. Poker doesn't take a lot of memory or power to run. Thus, I think the player would be more incentivized to increase their bankroll than by a new laptop. On the contrary, if you are playing a home game and want to buy a table that is different in my mind because it adds to the social experience. It's all about the value whether that be social value or monetary value because everyone has their own reasons to play poker.

B

bsamra

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing. Your smart device can do everything.

M

michael smith

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well it dont have to be a ton of cash for just poker im using a 5th gen processor

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
To be honest nothing really unless win a big amount. mobile will do

47Belarus

47Belarus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not so much. 1500$, but not for poker only

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there was a financial opportunity, then of course I changed it to more modern technology, poker programs, so that it was possible to play at many poker rooms, and not at two as now, others do not start, since the computer power is not enough. But everything is ahead, there will definitely be a new technique and with it a pleasant pastime with poker)).

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any newish laptop should be able to run the client with multiple tables no problem. So will most 5 year old laptops. It is not CPU, GPU, or memory intensive. Just stay away from Celeron and the bottom of the line i3 processors.

What you should be concerned about is the screen size and resolution. You would like to be able to view several tables and be able to see what you are playing.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe an ACER laptop under $ 500 will be good for playing poker.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A few months a go spent £620 on a HP pavillion Ryzen 4 core/ 8 thread with a GTX 1650 GPU. More than enough for poker + most games run pretty well - just the AAA at very high res I guess it would struggle. But very happy with it.

3 years ago bought a Acer Aspire 5 - what a piece of junk started falling apart in months - just so badly designed.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Laptop under $ 500 will be good for playing poker, but I prefer desktop with bigger screen. Not under 22 inch.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the cheapest laptop for $ 300 now, 4 rooms have been downloaded, everything works fine.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For poker only, something around $ 400-500 will do a perfect job.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion laptops aren't great to play poker. Small tables, worse multitabling etc. If you just want to buy a laptop and play for fun then probably something like 700$ is a maximum I would spend on it.

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a laptop for $ 400 and it’s good. I don’t want to spend a lot on a laptop just for poker. But I want a macbook and it’s not because of poker

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would invest up to R$ 2000.00 in a notebook, but I wouldn't invest

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything is of course individual, but if you do not plan to play many tables and play long sessions on a laptop, then 400-500 dollars I think will be a normal amount

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
How much would you invest on a poker latpop?

Poker software is generally pretty basic to look at but I am finding clients are becoming more and more CPU intensive. Does you machine struggle running multiple games?

Indeed, they now require a lot more resources than a few years back and my poor laptop (9 years old) can't run 2 poker clients simultaneously anymore. In fact, it's down to a maximum of 2 tables on one client.