How much would you invest on a poker laptop?

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on my cellphone so 0

L

LL22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I already have a decent pc because of my old job with good cpu.
I use a intel i3 10100 and work very good in the analysis tool and data-base.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on my old computer, which is more than 10 years old. It slows down the processor a bit, but you can play for a couple of hours.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends for me on whether i want to hook this up and play multiple tables split screen - graphics card needs to be of optimum quality for me but generally speaking unless you are playing this seriously with multi screens - a reliable laptop brand such as the Dell i use works well.
Check processor speeds and its worth looking at chromebooks as well - for pros its the Razor Blade Pro 17” - in excess of $2300.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. I believe that a laptop must necessarily be a gaming laptop, with a powerful video card and processor, because if you play several tables at once, and even on different clients, then a weak laptop will most likely freeze.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have an old laptop, it is already 15 years old. I once bought it for $ 800. It was completely enough for me both for study and for poker. On it, 3 different poker clients were launched quickly and stably at once and everything worked without problems.

Greetings. I believe that a laptop must necessarily be a gaming laptop, with a powerful video card and processor, because if you play several tables at once, and even on different clients, then a weak laptop will most likely freeze.

Did things change for you in the past 3mos.?

What you need or want really depends on what you're using it for. Even for poker it isn't the same for everyone (ie. I prefer to have 4 or 5 different sites running, along with PT4). AND I also am running 3 monitors 2x 32in. monitors, (one of them 4k) & 1x 24in.

If I was using a laptop (which I did for 12yrs.) I'd also be getting a 24in. monitor.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first post, I wrote about what happened a few years ago. Back then, poker room programs were not at all weighed as much as they are now. And they were not so demanding on computer resources.
Yes, and you were right about what you need and want.
And about 10 cents - everything is about me))).
For me, playing poker is a hobby, and a smartphone is enough for me, but you need three monitors to play.
But we are talking about a laptop.
And if you take it for you, then my old one will definitely not work for you))))

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as it needs to buy a good quality laptop to play poker and some games sometimes. I spend a lot of time by my laptop and i know it's old. First thing i will do when i earn on pokerstars some cash i will buy a new laptop. That's for sure.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I never play poker on my laptop, I much prefer playing on my mobile or tablet on the couch!

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends for me on whether i want to hook this up and play multiple tables split screen - graphics card needs to be of optimum quality for me but generally speaking unless you are playing this seriously with multi screens - a reliable laptop brand such as the Dell i use works well.
Check processor speeds and its worth looking at chromebooks as well - for pros its the Razor Blade Pro 17” - in excess of $2300.
Would chromebooks work though? I mean I have tried in the past to download poker clients such as pokerstars, 888 etc on my chrome book but they was not compatible with chrome OS ... so I had to switch to a Windows based laptop.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yeah I went for a Razer. When some single entires to tourneys are $109 I do not want to be sitting on a laptop that freezes because it cannot cope with the requirments on modern sites.

And people that are happy playing on a phone are not multi-tabling or playing seriously. And the requirements for sites are not going to get lighter. I do not always run a lot of tables but even a few tables can be demanding on older computers.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just invested about 900 Canadian dollars. So far, I am quite pleased with it.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it really depends on what you're planning on doing. One table at a time or multi? Will you have huds and other software running at the same time. The more you'll be doing the more you'll likely want to invest into a laptop. I spent a little over 1k usd and I'm happy with what I have.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would just buy a refurbished laptop off a good tech site that is a reliable brand

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I replaced the computer system unit 1G / 1.6, now 8G / 3.5, now no problem.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play with my desktop computer, I think it is enough for the moment, I maybe a more powerful one to study poker

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would just buy a refurbished laptop off a good tech site that is a reliable brand

If all you are looking at is the brand your might find it is being powered by a hamster running on a wheel!

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no problems with my current laptop, but since I am a fan of computer games in my spare time I would set aside a solid amount for a gaming computer / laptop

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
400-500 dollars is ideal and you can safely play poker)

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
little because to play poker you don't need a good pc

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
price of a laptop is about $1k + an additional monitor of at least 32 inches is required
2 screens are the minimum for normal play and work

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
little because to play poker you don't need a good pc

If all you are doing is playing freerolls or cheap tournaments single table tourneys it will not matter but this question was aimed more at people multi-tabling as I was factoring this in when deciding. I think you will find that a cheap basic PC will struggle running multiple clients and tables and if you ever move on to running software to study plays again your machine will not cope.