How much would you invest on a poker laptop?

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If all you're doing is playing freerolls or cheap tournaments, single table tournaments, it doesn't matter, but this question was more geared towards people playing multiple tables as I was taking that into consideration when deciding. I think you'll find that a cheap entry-level PC will have a hard time running multiple clients and tables, and if you start running software to study the moves again, your machine won't make it. [/QOTE]

I understand what you mean, in relation to several poker games at the same time, yes I have a really weak and difficult pc

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just buy a refurbished dell of a top tech site. Done it many times. You could get a decent laptop for like $200 with a waranty

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say somewhere around 500$ .
You don't need too many resources to play poker

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would spend around, 1000 bucks. You don't need to spend , that much on a laptop. I would suggest buying , a Dell computer. They are a good quality, computer they are worth money. I would even buy, a desktop from Dell. You need a laptop if you, on the road alot. Otherwise I suggest a desktop.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why throw in big money to open a poker client, and several tables, I think you don't need a computer of the latest model !!!

Why? Ideally so if the site your crashes you know its not a result of your computer performance! Playing 5 tables across 3 sites was maxing out my cpu before. I would not recommend anyone playing of a cheap laptop unless its freerolls, cheap games or 1-2 tables ideally not mixing clients.

And that is if you are not running other things at the same time.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
About $400. Thats actually around what I paid. Make sure you get 8GB of RAM or more.

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you use a hud such as drive hud 2 i think it says it requires 8gb of ram.. seen a dell that ran for $545 CDN with 8gb of ram on amazon.ca could be cheaper in the US as the Candian dollars is worth beans..

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since this thread is still getting replies and suggestions, I will add to my original post. Why do you need a laptop? Do you really need to move around during a poker session? If you do, OK, I can understand that, I know when I sit down for a session with multiple clients and multiple tables, I am not moving from place to place while playing. I say that to say, a desktop will be cheaper with much more computing power, just in case you ever want to run software besides the pokewr client.

PC Specs

6 months ago I picked this up for less than $600 USD, and I can run as many tables and clients as I can handle. I can also use different software after poker to study my play. I have multiple displays which helps my old eyes. I would have issues if I had all of my "stuff" open on my laptop, even though I had a 17 inch screen. Anyway, just my opinion, of course, anyone is free to do whatever you feel works for you. I do think if you play poker on a regular basis, having a newish, dependable machine means a bunch.