How Much $$ Have You Put Into Your Account?

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$0 :cool: although there is no shame in putting that much in every week if needed.
no other hobby or fun thing cost less than that ;)
the only reason I have not deposited is that I play mainly freerolls and lose no money;)
I do play micro-stakes too but I use strong bankroll management and that is a major factor for all.

a millionaire amongst us :)
can you enlighten us with the information you suggested :)
$50,000 is 6 years pay for me:eek: but I lose no money playing freerolls daily ;)

an amazing gap in life but yet here we all are together playing freerolls :)

That last sentence of yours jay is profound! There is no doubt that poker gives us all, no matter the stakes any of us play, a commonality. Poker is truly an amazing game. It seems like Every time you play, you learn something new no matter how many years you been playing.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only put 100 dll years ago ... I haven't put anything in a long time, in freerolls I created a bankroll and today I play with it.

Congrats Pedro! I want to be able to say the same some day.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Close to 1000 dollars
And lost all of it, no succes of winning tournament or big cashout
Thanks to cardschat, I am taking it safer

Thank god for Cardschat for sure.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The deposit versus withdrawal struggle is real would have no idea if did not document it properly as money goes in and out a lot depending on my mood,
Also success permitting and failure has a big impact on my mindset and bankroll.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...mad-mod-position-freerolls-deposits-v-447055/

Hugh, that is AMAZING record keeping. And honesty. Im pretty sure that the reason I dont keep those kinds of records is because I am afraid to look at how much I may have lost. Hoping you go a long winning run.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've to say that I really don't know for sure, I deposit around $100 every month, but there were a couple of months in the last 9 that I didn't had to deposit because I had profits and I made cashouts. I would say around $300-400.

Its a good habit to cash out. Thats another thing I need to do more often. I dont know exactly why I dont do that. Weird.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started with zero. Since the quarentine in March. Ihave created bank roll on 4 different sites, and am up to about $250. I am now trying to make a big jump in bankroll, by playing micro mtts and stellites for big events.

Smart caracaski, hope you hit a big one!

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
None, like Jay said, I mainly play freerolls and Micro stakes. I don't play cash games because I suck at them. The only time I deposit money is to get some kind(s) of perk, like tournament bucks etc.
Nothing wrong with putting into your account if you're having fun playing. There are very few hobbies that can be enjoyed for a ??? bucks a month. Take care and good luck on the felt!

Thanks wagon, for the clarity. Its very easy for me to get too caught up playing poker and then depositing more than I should, but im happy with only depositing $40 in the last 9 months. Covid, in a strange way helped me with bankroll management, I just couldn't afford to put $$ into my accounts so I was forced to be more disciplined. Yea for Covid. Lol!!

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not invested a dime during this period. But this is not as good as many people think. If I could, I would make a deposit in the region of $ 1000, and I would no longer throw it, but only withdraw from the account.

Still, in my book, no depositing in 9 months is awesome no matter what.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
for all the time invested $ 100, withdrew more than $ 130

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The big goose egg. I fund no site I play at. I don't trust any offshore site being on the up and up. I play the freerolls and sometimes get lucky enough to earn a few dollars. I'll use that to play some sit & go's

I wish I had your discipline Molly. Im working at it.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In total I'd say about $30 but I've cashed out more than $100 a few times ����*♂️

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How much have I deposited to online poker sites? I don't really have a clue... at least not an accurate one. I'd guess I have made at least 500 deposits ( I have deposited on just one site at least 250x alone! & I've played on at least 40 different sites (most of them less than 10 or 20x). Typically I'm depositing $100 to $200 (but sometimes as little as $20 when that is all that was required to earn some deposit bonus) it might actually be much more than 500 in total deposits (500 times.... not $500).
Many of my deposits were made for deposit bonuses. (I will rarely pass up on a deposit bonus opportunity...hmm... Hmm... Just trying to think of the last time I actually passed up on one. Can't think of any at all right now... :confused: ).

Currently I have a few sites where I have less than $100 on them. On one of them I will be depositing on there probably this week, not sure about another... and the last of the three.... no... I won't be depositing on there because I've still only played a couple of games on there and wish I'd never deposited on there the first time (SportsBetting)... but perhaps that would change if I actually chose to enter a few low stakes tourneys on there :confused:
On the first of those 3 I just mentioned, I have ~$65 and tbh I NEED to deposit more on there if I intend to start playing on there a bit more.... even if it's only a couple tourneys on days where I'm playing poker tourneys online. I'm probably not playing buyins above $10 on there but if I'm playing with 6 buyins in my account, I find I don't play optimally (I mean I start thinking a min-cash is something important because at least my poker balance isn't disappearing... but for me this is a LOSING strategy!). On some accounts I don't feel comfortable unless I have 100 or 200 buyins in my account (on others I'm okay with ~20 or 30). Years ago it didn't matter for me because I could move money around on the sites very quickly with Moneybookers (& later 'skrill')... money could be moved almost instantly in most cases. I still made LOTS of deposits... actually even much more than I do these days.

These days it's far less deposits. It's more difficult for me to move money around. There are far fewer deposit bonuses but I still make a decent number of deposits (hmm... maybe 20x in 2020 so far). Sometimes I lose often. Sometimes I stake others and they lose often. What can I say.... I don't like not having money in all of my poker accounts so that I can play the games I want to play (the ones I pretend I'm able to beat)

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much have I deposited to online poker sites? I don't really have a clue... at least not an accurate one. I'd guess I have made at least 500 deposits ( I have deposited on just one site at least 250x alone! & I've played on at least 40 different sites (most of them less than 10 or 20x). Typically I'm depositing $100 to $200 (but sometimes as little as $20 when that is all that was required to earn some deposit bonus) it might actually be much more than 500 in total deposits (500 times.... not $500).
Many of my deposits were made for deposit bonuses. (I will rarely pass up on a deposit bonus opportunity...hmm... Hmm... Just trying to think of the last time I actually passed up on one. Can't think of any at all right now... :confused: ).

Currently I have a few sites where I have less than $100 on them. On one of them I will be depositing on there probably this week, not sure about another... and the last of the three.... no... I won't be depositing on there because I've still only played a couple of games on there and wish I'd never deposited on there the first time (SportsBetting)... but perhaps that would change if I actually chose to enter a few low stakes tourneys on there :confused:
On the first of those 3 I just mentioned, I have ~$65 and tbh I NEED to deposit more on there if I intend to start playing on there a bit more.... even if it's only a couple tourneys on days where I'm playing poker tourneys online. I'm probably not playing buyins above $10 on there but if I'm playing with 6 buyins in my account, I find I don't play optimally (I mean I start thinking a min-cash is something important because at least my poker balance isn't disappearing... but for me this is a LOSING strategy!). On some accounts I don't feel comfortable unless I have 100 or 200 buyins in my account (on others I'm okay with ~20 or 30). Years ago it didn't matter for me because I could move money around on the sites very quickly with Moneybookers (& later 'Skrill')... money could be moved almost instantly in most cases. I still made LOTS of deposits... actually even much more than I do these days.

These days it's far less deposits. It's more difficult for me to move money around. There are far fewer deposit bonuses but I still make a decent number of deposits (hmm... maybe 20x in 2020 so far). Sometimes I lose often. Sometimes I stake others and they lose often. What can I say.... I don't like not having money in all of my poker accounts so that I can play the games I want to play (the ones I pretend I'm able to beat)

Wow! Where country do you live in Poker? 40 different sites...amazing. I know you must be like me and go back a long time. I live in the USA and as you know, choices here are limited nowadays.but back before Black Friday, if I real think about it, I must have signed up with about 30 different poker sites.

And I too have made many deposits, more than I care to remember but i have gotten better at poker so I dont deposit as much as I used to but my bankroll management skills could still use improvement.

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depositing

I normally try and deposit about $100 once a week and if I lose it cool. So far in the last year or two I have profited about $4000 total so overall I am ahead but still I don't like spending more than $100 per week. If I feel the need to spend more than that usually I am chasing my losses.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am in the "never deposited" camp. There is nothing wrong with depositing. Most people insert less into their poker than they would watching movies or playing golf or any other recreational activity. I like having a entertaining activity that costs me nothing, one where I actually make money.

I have withdrawn money in the past, before Black Friday. It was a few thousand dollars from reinvesting freeroll winnings. I have only been back to playing since COVID, and thanks to Cards Chat, my game is again in the positive. I am again going to try and increase my current $200 freeroll bankroll into thousands. Wish me luck (I'll need it).

K

kkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
last 9 months - around 50$
life time - around 1000$

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally try and deposit about $100 once a week and if I lose it cool. So far in the last year or two I have profited about $4000 total so overall I am ahead but still I don't like spending more than $100 per week. If I feel the need to spend more than that usually I am chasing my losses.
You know artist, there have been times where I've been tempted to email whatever poker site I am on and ask for them to put a stop loss on my account but I have actually never followed through and done that

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am in the "never deposited" camp. There is nothing wrong with depositing. Most people insert less into their poker than they would watching movies or playing golf or any other recreational activity. I like having a entertaining activity that costs me nothing, one where I actually make money.

I have withdrawn money in the past, before Black Friday. It was a few thousand dollars from reinvesting freeroll winnings. I have only been back to playing since COVID, and thanks to Cards Chat, my game is again in the positive. I am again going to try and increase my current $200 freeroll bankroll into thousands. Wish me luck (I'll need it).

Best of luck to you!
I wish I could say that I reside in your camp but I can say that "my camp" has gotten much better since taking a more active role on cardschat

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Deposit $ 100 once and lost them now play freroll only

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow! Where country do you live in Poker? 40 different sites...amazing. I know you must be like me and go back a long time. I live in the USA and as you know, choices here are limited nowadays.but back before Black Friday, if I real think about it, I must have signed up with about 30 different poker sites.

And I too have made many deposits, more than I care to remember but i have gotten better at poker so I dont deposit as much as I used to but my bankroll management skills could still use improvement.

canada. (the '40 sites' was quite awhile ago.... 'Apple Pie Poker', 'poker 770', 'DoylesRoom', 'CakePoker', and the list goes on... & on.

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so far this year I have deposited $ 100 (I only play tournaments once a week as a hobby)

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have put in exactly 0 :)
in some years I went up to 550, then lost it all and now started again

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know artist, there have been times where I've been tempted to email whatever poker site I am on and ask for them to put a stop loss on my account but I have actually never followed through and done that

Stil,
I know exactly what you mean man. That’s practically what I did only I contacted them and asked them to set a permanent limit of what I can deposit to $100 per week. I feel like that’s still a comfortable amount that I don’t mind losing if I do but anymore than that and I would begin to feel it and chase those losses. If I do happen to cash in a tourney for say $800 or so I typically cash out for 600 of it and keep another 200 to continue to play with. So far this system has treated me well since I switched to it. But yeah I know exactly what you mean because at one point I was at that same point where I thought about blocking myself from depositing completely.