How many tables can you play simultaneously?

How many tables can you play simultaneously (at most)?

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 32 24.1%

Votes: 21 15.8%

Votes: 48 36.1%

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • more, please specify

Votes: 20 15.0%

• Total voters
mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wish I could robotically play 18 tables at a time like quite a few people do, but I cannot handle more than 4 tables at the same time and pay any attention. Besides, I would require a much bigger bankroll to comfortably handle more than 4 tables. What I know for a fact is that starting on 1 table was tough as it was way too boring and I used to lose focus because of it. Two tables is what I do when I'm not entirely up for it and maybe do other things at the same time. Three tables is awkward as hell on my screen, it's like there's no room for the third. So 4 tables, usually rush/fast/snap/quick fold tables. If I'm not up for that speed, I sometimes open 4 standard tables. I prefer to play PLO or PLO5 rather than Hold'em and anything more than 4 tables and I start tripping cause there's too many cards to be aware of at the same time (even with 4 colour decks, without all the colours it's just madness).

However, I started multitabling from the very beginning and I should not have as it was a stupid "if someone else can do it, why couldn't I" kind of thinking and soon enough I got my answers. After consistent losses, I went back to 1-2 and now, if it feels too boring and I know I can do more, I'll just add another 2. I wish someday I'll be able to automate my actions and be able to do the superhuman 18 tables

Keep it simple!

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only ever played 6 tables at a time when I was playing tournaments full time. Although I actually felt more comfortable with 4 or 5. In any case, it is something that is trained, but as I always like to play less mechanically and think more about my hands based on the tendencies of the rivals I had at each table, I never wanted to push myself beyond 6.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm absolutely hopeless at multitasking but, saying that I like playing 4 tables when my brain is not hurting

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have realized that when I play more than 2 tables, I lose interest in all of them and the worst thing is that I even lose interest in the table where I am doing well. I respect the habit of those who manage to keep several games at the same time but I don't think it's a good strategy. What's more, I don't even keep several poker rooms open, when I dedicate my attention to 2 at the most.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I have to play 3 freeroll tournaments at once. This naturally bothers me. I don't like to play on multiple tables at once.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I usually do it sometimes with 4, so I divide the monitor screen and I can see them all at once

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play with more than 5, but obviously it tires me more and I can analyze the plays less. It depends on the need.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Details please, mister. I already successfully adapted your late registration approach, maybe I can learn from this tactic too. :geek:
I want to give you a good answer, so I will type it up when I'm back at my computer (I'm on my phone right now). I'll be back on Monday. ;)

slevinzed

slevinzed

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one or two at time, otherwise I can't focus , I need to follow the game the way people play to be able to use the right strategy at the right moment

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can manage more than one, but I see the best results while I am playing just one at the time.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
with 4 I think Im just fine Ș)

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play it easy. 6, 10 is hopeless.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Details please, mister. I already successfully adapted your late registration approach, maybe I can learn from this tactic too. :geek:

Here are some things to pay attention to (many you probably already know):

1) Specific stack sizes while approaching the money bubble - Your overall position (i.e. 20/30 with 27 getting paid) is very important, but the specific stack sizes of the players around your position is MORE IMPORTANT. There are many ways you can be in this position (20/30 with 27 paid) and they can significantly alter how you should approach the bubble. For example, players 18 through 30 could all have 12BB or less and are all playing extremely tight, making it hard for you/us to simply fold ITM and take a flip later. If you took this approach, you will fold down to a super tiny stack and still not necessarily give yourself a good chance of cashing. If the specific stacks were totally different (lets say players 25-30 have 5-10BB stacks and you have 22BB meaning you are clearly separated from the pack of shortstacks) and the table is playing aggressively, you would be in much better shape to simply fold everything but premium hands, and just wait to get ITM before taking any moderate spots. Hopefully you can see how these specifics can change your approach, and how multi-tablers simply don't have the time to be able to look this deeply while playing.

2) PKO Decisions for Stacks - I often see mistakes made by mutli-tablers in PKOs, where they simply don't recognize how large a players bounty is! I have seen ridiculous folds preflop, where a player wasn't willing to invest 2-3BBs for a chance at a 5BI bounty!

3) ICM Suicide - This is very similar to #2, because it is players who are too distracted from multi-tabling to realize the situation they are facing. They will fold from the BB, facing a 3BB jam or something similar (giving the SS a free double up without having to show a card!). The converse of this also happens, where a player will overjam (like 30-40BB) in a spot not realizing either: A) The player behind them has them covered and hasn't acted yet; or B) It's literally on the bubble and there are 3-4 shortstacks with 5BB or less! The misunderstanding of the situation has cost many players, and will quickly add up to diminish profits over the longrun.

I will just start with these 3, and see where our conversation leads us. :)

4Dean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hudless 2-3
Hudded 3-5

Holemdem 2-6
Omaha 2-4 (though its a push at 4 i have to play tight to do so or miss too much action timeout cant think hands through properly at all)

4Dean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I have realized that when I play more than 2 tables, I lose interest in all of them and the worst thing is that I even lose interest in the table where I am doing well. I respect the habit of those who manage to keep several games at the same time but I don't think it's a good strategy. What's more, I don't even keep several poker rooms open, when I dedicate my attention to 2 at the most.
2 is the best overall i think for winrate, especially if not hudded even if hudded 2s the best for maximising winrate just not hourly.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I feel more comfortable with up to 6 tables, more than that I start to have problems.
I'm getting too old for this game, oh my god.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played up to 8 but in reality more than 4 is not really playing my best. Its more of a quick fold and playing only premium hands and not so much position or players. 4 or less is optimal for myself right now.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in live poker you cant MTT more than 2 tables, so that's my online limit too

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunatelly now i can play only one table to be enough attentive.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I should imagine number of this varies in different rooms ...
For example in stars i have never played more than 2 tables simultaneously (and even that is sometimes too much for me should two cc games clash lol) ...
in 888 it is definitely just one table cause my (outdated) devices dont let to play several tables at the same time there ...
In unibet it is obviously 4 - this usually comes in handy whenever i try to complete whatever poker mission ...

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Normally i play four table, for me this is essential, because I have more concentration, and I can play more willingly

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
best focus for me is one table per session. eventually two but i need be then a good form, i mean a good energy well eaten well slept, and A mind state.