How to identify a bot on a table?

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shanky"s poker bots. Download and study their scripts. May not Identify them but you can see how they play and mount a defense. Most are Passive aggresive with an occasional but rare bluff play. Remember that the table play ones are making rake and the tourney ones are playing for the final table.

Thats where I get my Slap and Tickle time watching those charectors go. I have not studdied them for years so I am sure they may have uped their game since then.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And it probably dont matter is it bot or thief since they play the same way ...
Point is, they don't play the same way at all and it's a completely different issue. (they are both there trying to take money is the only thing similar)

LuckyLadiv

LuckyLadiv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
don't worry about robots, they don't exist, I recommend you study hard.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bot keeps making the same mistakes over and over and.....

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
who knows, please post, we will be very grateful

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Point is still the same as by the end of the day you are probably trying to get rid of them right ...
And it probably dont matter is it bot or thief since they play the same way ...
Trying to get rid of them? Meaning >> get them off of the site?

Not sure what you mean when you say 'they play the same way'... play poker similarly? (< this is how I interpret it... it's poker... 'play the same way'.. to me that would indicate they play similarly... and they actually don't. Do they 'play the same way' as in 'they play dirty' .. 'they play without regard to rules'.. then yes)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm personally don't know, how to identify a bot for the table...
I'm merely continue to play!.. That's all!

Steffani82

Steffani82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Try to talk, ask a lot of questions, a lot. If he doesn't respond, it's almost certain.
I never chat in a poker game. Even if people are specifically talking to me, I never answer. I think it's distracting, for me anyways. Plus, I'm not a very good typist, so I end up timing out and folding my hand.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never had the feeling of sitting at the table with a bot until now. He would probably be exposed by inaccurate table talk. Otherwise, I don't know how one could expose such a bot.

Maybe if the player would always be in the same room, no matter if day or night, but surely the programmers are smart enough to develop some that take artificial breaks to not attract attention. Therefore really difficult I would say. :sneaky:

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never chat in a poker game. Even if people are specifically talking to me, I never answer. I think it's distracting, for me anyways. Plus, I'm not a very good typist, so I end up timing out and folding my hand.
Neither do I, even bubbles I do not throw.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard to say, I think it's impossible to know, also I think the Bots play at medium levels

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
esses dias acho que vi um jogando omaha!! Eu estava na mesa, jogando e ele sempre ganhava no turn ou no river, e ele sempre aumentava no
river e ganhava, não perdia quando jogava com cartas marginais, no flop e no river.
ninguém queria jogar contra ele, quem jogou perdeu.
quando ele saiu com boas cartas, ele estava all-in.
vários jogadores da mesa entraram em ausência..

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In the modern realities of machine learning, it will be difficult to determine whether a bot is or not a bot, just hope for honesty or play real tournaments. I would be interested to see the game of the bot against the bot, at a distance they have an equal percentage of wins and losses?)

annaannawy

annaannawy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Huh,I thought all the players is real ppl lol

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They more on cash games. The bots and the cheaters. Tournaments are not their target that much but that doesn't mean they not trying such games either

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how.
Does anybody know?
Is it possible to identify a bot?
I have no Idea. The only thing I can think of is to talk. But then again not everyone pays attention to the chat.

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I didn't even know it was possible to have this in online tournaments, I think there is an audit by the company responsible for the platform, because in my view, that would be illegal. Even the transparency regarding these controls should be much more publicized!

JeLeuMic

JeLeuMic

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talk to the bot see if he responds...poke him hahaha.
You can't.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if I play some hands in a very standardized way, even so, some professionals use very similar strategies, I think it's still very difficult:cool:

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how.
Does anybody know?
Is it possible to identify a bot?
As I play mostly freerolls, I don't imagine I encounter many bots.
One thing that would raise my suspicion is if a player keeps playing unlikely draws and keeps hitting when I would suspect a bot or insider that can see what cards are coming next.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The easiest way to identify bot/bots is to use a HUD and then you can sort by VPIP and if you find a bunch of players with identical VPIP, PFR, and steal stats you have a pretty good idea that they are bots. I once found 6 players on Cake that had almost identical stats through thousands of hands in the turbo sngs.