How to identify a bot on a table?

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something i would be interested in known too, although the limits i play at, i doubt bots are about.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to talk, ask a lot of questions, a lot. If he doesn't respond, it's almost certain.
where did I read about this that new bots are talking in a chat and answering questions😁
and if you seriously can't determine if it's a bot or not, I don't think there are many bots, it's unlikely to get on the table with a bot

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It used to be engage them in chat, or watch for the the same time for them to react but these programmers aren't stupid and they're always looking for ways not to get caught and get your money.

My solution was to play live seriously and never put too much into online games.

Besides the bots there's folks with multiple accounts, collusion, people having an unfair advantage with simple HUDS against folks just starting out that don't know about them or getting hand histories so you know what to expect.

I mean the list goes on and on and on about unfair advantages online whether the site bans such practices or doesn't.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
To be honest, when I play poker, I don't think about whether there is a bot at my table. And I also find it very difficult to prove that there is a bot. That someone doesn't talk at the table is also no proof. There are people who simply don't look at the chat because they focus on poker. And even people who constantly win with the worst hands is no proof for me that it is a bot but more of faulty poker. It can be people who are just new to poker or simply people who don't care if they win or lose and just want a moment of excitement. There will always be people who try to break the rules, and that will always be the case, but I strongly assume that action will be taken against this on the reputable sites and the probability that you would actually play against a bot is thus minimized or excluded

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe when a "player" wins many times, more than usual with weak or marginal hands, it's just not luck, because luck don't come so frequently, even with the luckiest player, so something is wrong. If it's a cash game, get the fck out of the table.☠️

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I believe when a “player” wins many times, more than usual with weak or marginal hands, it's just not luck, because luck don't come so frequently, even with the luckiest player, so something is wrong. If it's a cash game, get the fck out of the table. ☠️
As I said, I don't think too much about it when playing poker. I know that it's very annoying to have people like that at the table, but I still think it's just bad poker when you see something like that. Nobody is always lucky, but it is sometimes the case that you are simply lucky, and that over a longer period of time, it is the same with the bad luck that goes away, but it can also take longer until it goes away. But of course I can't completely rule out the possibility that there are bots on the tables, but I don't care. I'm just trying to do my best in poker

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play at the poker table I don't just think about it, if I have good cards and am inspired by the game of poker.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think ACR should bring back the chat function--nobody likes to play a bot

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there are bots, since the game would be a scam, and I don't think so, the credibility that exists on the platforms would go to waste, that's why I think there are no bots

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Well I think it's hard to determine if there's a bot at the table, even if you engage a conversation the bot can reply, not a big deal. However I think that bots are more present in mid-stakes NL200, NL400 you won't find them in the micro-stakes. Also in mtts there may be bots that adopt ICM calculation and pushing ranges as we human can't play perfectly, so they may have a small edge but not unbeatable.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no idea, but if everyone says gl at the beginning it would eliminate the bots i think, maybe not, who knows??

This method will be a bit difficult because there will always be a player who doesn't feel like replying or, for example, is playing on a smartphone and therefore doesn't see the messages.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe reaction times? For sure, you can also program that so that the reaction time varies, but people might not find it necessary, as the bot is good enough.

R

Raisindepth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to talk, ask a lot of questions, a lot. If he doesn't respond, it's almost certain.
Ok so i am a bot? I'm never ever responding to anyone. I simply don't care enough for others to answer anything.

I think, considering websites have to design boxes to tick or sentences to determine or click photos away it's getting more and more difficult to determine bots. If they can fill out full forms and only a straight line movement could catch them out, then I'm pretty sure they can have certain triggering words/sentences to make a conversation🤔

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I don't think it's possible, but surely the platform devs know how to detect and block them, otherwise they would be very popular among players.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never think in any bot when I play I focused in my game only. Now we maybe have some more troubles with AI (Articial Inteligence) if it can reach poker lol. But certenly never think in any opponent concentrate in your game and try to be better every day. Good luck in tables !!!

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how.
Does anybody know?
Is it possible to identify a bot?
Just as God gives you a guardian angel, so they also give you a bot at the poker table. How do you realize that it is a bot? Well as soon as you make an opening bet he makes you 3 Bet, that has happened to me lately at the poker table where I was playing and I realized that the player, who is a bot because when I did not enter to play in the hands He does not play neither, he does not get involved in any bet, as soon as I entered, I open it, he returns with the same thing, I write to him, I launch rockets, paper... he does not respond or react, so I noticed them.(y)

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is always very difficult to identify a Bot within the table:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

R

Roman933

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to know this. There’s a sote I play a lot of free rolls on amd I keep thinking there are a bunch. I cant prove it so I wont mention the name but I can almost tell or maybe Im just trippin…