How do you prepare yourself just before an online poker match?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just try to make sure I am well hydrated, well fed, and well caffeinated.

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prepare, in the best way, with a totally rested mind, orienting myself, with my knowledge, I try to sleep for many hours, even though I go to bed late, I try to sleep very well, and not to get out of control, every time I lose, for a bad bets, and I also try to correct the mistakes, in case of bad bets, and study more every day, thanks to my community. :D

M

marcusvco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to take a shower before, and need to have a full bottle of water

P

Pleshe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just try to set a mood that's as relaxing as it gets. I learned a while ago that if I'm anyhow agitated or anxious, I'm mostly not going to play well.

Play some music, chat with friends on a voice call, get my favorite drink...

I'm honestly thinking of starting to do yoga as well just before I play - it always leaves me in such a clear mindset!:)

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I try to rest well to have a clear mind and have everything I think I will need at hand

M

magnus369

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well as the first post talked about rituals, I will share what I usually do, not only for poker, but for my life in general, especially when I wake up.

A few months ago I had contact with a breathing method made by a guy named Win Hof, known as the "ice man",
It is a breathing technique, mixed with physical exercises and exposure to cold. It helps to better oxygenate your body, all your cells, to increase concentration (similar to the feeling of meditation), helping to improve lung capacity (holding your breath is part of the breathing routine), slightly changes the blood pH, making it more alkaline, this improves your energy capacity, and the exposure to cold contributes to your autoimmune system, resistance to pain and fatigue. In short, a very extraordinary thing, isn't it?
So if you find it interesting, get to know the Win Hof method for yourself, and draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:
Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm sure that there are some things I'd like to be doing before my sessions, but latelly I not doing them.
The number 1 of these thing is MEDITATION, a really wonderful habit, not just for poker, but for ur entire life.
At the tables, a meditating mind have the tranquility to stay focused on the game, just doing the best u can with the cards u are dealt.
You're damn right! Thanks.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prepare water sometimes some cookies a comfortable cushion and play

rehktega

rehktega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I usually sleep well the day before to play, because I don't run the risk of sleeping in the tournament lol

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't prepare myself for anything. I constantly prepare my body and mind to get through life because I've found out that life is not always as kind and beautiful as I'd thought as a kid with a protected from all evil and only filled with good things childhood.

But I feel when I'm good to play and when I'm not. If I'm not, I stop soon enough before making any regrettable mistakes. I didn't stop at first but this is what experience does. I learned.

I can't really prepare for something if during that day, things go wrong outside of poker. That's it, I accept it and move on to the next day.

Besides I don't require too much TLC. I'm blessed to have enough food, a home, a loving person to share everything with and enjoy the rest. Everything else it's outside factors that only influence me at times. Tried "meditation" but it doesn't work for me because I have absolutely no patience for it. Some people are chilled and can do with it. Meditation drives me nuts. I'd rather do a 10km sprint than sit still somewhere and breath and think deeply or something.

I enjoy coffee, cakes and everything that's pretty toxic and completely unhealthy. Healthful food is the usual but I eat because I kind of need it to survive. If I could live on coffee and cakes without sleep, food or water and have more time to do all the activities that I wish to do, it'd be heaven for me. I wouldn't sit still for a moment.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't really prepare myself to the game, i just play poorly hungry so i eat before and i drink coffee during the game if it is too long.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the main thing is to have a good sleep and drink coffee so that there is no fatigue and drowsiness, and of course a positive attitude, I will get into the top 10 - we set the goal, we proceed to implementation

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before the game I try to sleep well, take a walk in the park and eat well))

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, first I organize my time and I plan my day if it is a long tournament. :D

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big bottle of flavoured water, a bowl of nuts, maybe some fruit. Log-in and play, simple.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I think it's more or less there, except for the cowboy hat which was pretty funny hahaha But I also pay attention to food, not just water and coffee.:D:D:D