How do you prepare yourself just before an online poker match?

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have any special preparation. I just sit down and start playing.

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prepare very simply, go to the toilet and smoke. I try to eat before a serious tournament so that nothing disturbs or distracts me.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can get right in no prep..lol.. but Im usually in a sng to whole time while playing during so im not anxious to play hands i shouldn't. Its about keeping my mind occupied too. Good luck 🍺.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, sometimes before a tourn or signing up for a cash game, I'll put on my headband and scream "Banzai. . ., Banzai. . . , Banzai". Other times I put on my war paint, headdress and regalia then dance around the monitor pointing at the entries at the tourn list or at the cash game table. I've tried the Rocky or Creed training montage scenes but I usually get tired then go to sleep before the tourns starts and miss it so I pass on that now.

During a game, I worked on my needle work skills and made a dolls where I would write down people's Online IDs then tape it to the dolls and either held the doll to fire or stabbed it after they gave me bad beats but was reminded about some type of morality and that I might be taking the games too seriously.

But if I'm serious about a tourn or cash game, I'll stake the game out for awhile and take notes on the regulars before attempting it. When I finally decide to play then I'll review how to play an ABC123 game to keep my game on track like the day before and review the material like 2hours before I start playing.

I'll tell folks that I don't want to bothered during the tourn, turn everything off so I'm not distracted besides something that will keep me focused like music. Nothing silly like workout music or anything that would change my mood or influence how I play though. I'll eat and take care of any bathroom stuff before the tourn and have some Yum-Yums, snacky cakes and something to drink nearby so I don't have to wait for a break if I get an urge for that stuff. Then its just play time.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I tend to go to the toilet, make a coffee, then take my seat.

Nothing much more complicated than that. Although I do have 2 young kids so if it’s around their bedtime I’ll make sure I’ve said good night to them too.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When my belly is full, when my music is playing, when the cats are asleep, only then I'm ready to start.

Papadejro

Papadejro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play mostly on my phone App, to be mobile.
Sometimes it happens that I'm playing in bed, if turnament goes well :p

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are no special preparations, so I make sure that no one distracts during the tournament and there are no urgent matters in the next 3-4 hours.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i am working to an ET start time (as i am in the UK), i will make sure i get plenty of sleep if its going to be a late start tourney for me - for example i have a 2am tomorrow morning league game so getting enough rest and being alert and awake is important. I also make sure i have plenty of water to hydrate, a flask of strong coffee helps too.
During the game - regular trips to loo in breaks is essential as is stretching the old legs!

D

Daviabreu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Eu apenas tento manter a calma e gosto de ouvir músicas durante o torneio!

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Before a game, a take time to prepare myself, i eat something, I prepare a bottle of water, a playlist of calm songs, and sometimes I watch some anime episodes.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do all my work and housework, eat well and take a shower, and then I open the device so that nothing or work disturbs me, and I devote myself to playing and I am comfortable.

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, not much - maybe i should? I just make sure I have a nice hot cup of coffee, a comfortable seat and all distractions switched off. Hm, I guess I kind of do, then really/

N

Noobs420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be checking my available balance in my several online checking accounts several times....and rightttt before it starts, I imagine myself winning. It's hard though bc I've never won. Haha

M

Minakshi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't make any such preparations . I play poker for fun so I just start rolling when I feel like

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before the game I always try to have time to do important things, I like to play and not be distracted by anything

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to complete all the tasks so that nothing distracts from the game, if necessary, I stock up on coffee or tea sandwiches in advance. I don't do any special rituals before the game)))

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some nice music, preferably relaxing techno type music. I also sometimes watch a comedy(Scottish) Episode of Still Game, just to put me in a more positive mood.

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t prepare in any way, the main time is not to miss the tournament) and everything else will follow) I only participate in freerolls, and I don’t see the point in preparing for them)