How do you prepare yourself just before an online poker match?

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I do think that a minimum of preparation is needed before playing poker. First mentally by taking a nap and ensure that our brain is well-rested. Freeing our mind and doing some yoga stuff to be focused on the game. Secondly by doing some physical excercise and streching to sustain the long hours of play.

C

CoelhoCrazy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have a really ritual before start the grind, but i like listen some musics and take a cold shower to start playing poker

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Before the game I just need to be very patient, I don't like to play when I'm impatient. Something I used to do a lot was play on my smartphone, while watching poker lessons on YouTube on TV, but I realized that instead of helping me, it totally took my concentration away from the game, especially when it came to analyzing the players at the table, even when I was out of hand. I divided my attention between the game and the video lesson, failing to observe the play patterns of my opponents.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've considered setting up some kind of pre-session ritual or habits but haven't gotten any in place yet. I think reviewing hands before you start playing can help you get in the mind frame and get your brain solving poker problems before you start risking money but I haven't gotten into it yet.

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eat a meal about 45min before, use the washroom, have a glass of water ready and something to listen to in the background.

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before starting an online tourney, I hear nice music to calm down and I watch earlier tourneys to see how long they lasted or other stats. :)

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before sitting down to play poker, I physically train for 15-20 minutes, after training I feel charged and invigorated, it helps a lot to gain energy for the game after work.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I go to play before I take a shower, eat something and do stretches this helps me sit longer playing without getting tired so fast and with more focus

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For a big tournament I play with my dog, or watch a movie, draw... just to distract my mind.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
From my practice, I can say that there are many players who are well prepared in terms of theory, mathematics of poker, but are easily subject to psychological impulses when they drain in 1-2 hands what was "acquired by backbreaking work" in 3 hours. Sitting down at the poker table, leave all the experiences of the day out of your field of vision. It would be a big mistake to try to take revenge on a rude boss by aggressively drawing a mediocre hand. Although this situation is stupid, it is quite common. Often people vent their emotions in roundabout ways.
There are several ways to tune in to the game. Someone comes to watch a small video of a good poker player's game, someone needs to take a walk or just distract themselves, someone needs to sit in silence for a few minutes to relax and calm down.
Personally, I review my database before the game. I choose the biggest losses, scroll through them in my head again so as not to repeat them at least in the near future, i.e. the next game session.
I also very clearly adjust the background sound of the computer before the game. It's not loud music at a medium tempo that suits me. The main criterion is the correct volume. I should only hear the signal of the room about the action and my inner voice.

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, there is essentially no specific preparation. I sit down to play and do not think about any kind of winning, often this leads to departures from the tournament, without even reaching the top. I just enjoy the process, sometimes while playing I watch a movie or listen to music:rolleyes::jd4::tee:

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello everyone!
I wonder if do you guys make some specials, like a ritual, procedure or whatever.
I, about half an our before, take a good shower, fix about 1/2 liter of coffee to drink during the game, liter of water, put on wearing my cowboy hat and, finally, set up the songs to roll. These all if the game is a kind of an important one.
What about you?

My ritual is as follows:
1 - I say a prayer to my Saint.
2 - I check if my internet is ok.
3 - I put all my amulets around the PC.
4- I enter Cardschat to see if they are not talking bad about me.
5 - Check if our dear and helpful Tammy posted the password.
6 - I enter the room to register for the tournament and check if my balance is still there.
7 - While waiting for the tournament to start, I talk to Cardaschat's friends.
8 - When the tournament is about to start I say one more prayer for my saint.
9 - I leave beside the pc, a packet of cookies, a packet of popcorn, a box of chocolate, a pitcher of orange juice, a liter of water.
10 - And finally, a big pack of disposable tissues to wipe away the tears, because the beatings on the bed will be as many as ever. But I don't care, another day I repeat the whole ritual again. :)

Good luck to everyone at the tables.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My ritual is as follows:
1 - I say a prayer to my Saint.
2 - I check if my internet is ok.
3 - I put all my amulets around the PC.
4- I enter Cardschat to see if they are not talking bad about me.
5 - Check if our dear and helpful Tammy posted the password.
6 - I enter the room to register for the tournament and check if my balance is still there.
7 - While waiting for the tournament to start, I talk to Cardaschat's friends.
8 - When the tournament is about to start I say one more prayer for my saint.
9 - I leave beside the pc, a packet of cookies, a packet of popcorn, a box of chocolate, a pitcher of orange juice, a liter of water.
10 - And finally, a big pack of disposable tissues to wipe away the tears, because the beatings on the bed will be as many as ever. But I don't care, another day I repeat the whole ritual again. :)

Good luck to everyone at the tables.
Very good!

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if there is a long tournament ahead, you can take a walk in the fresh air for 30 minutes or more, you sit down at the table rested and with a clear head

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone!
I wonder if do you guys make some specials, like a ritual, procedure or whatever.
I, about half an our before, take a good shower, fix about 1/2 liter of coffee to drink during the game, liter of water, put on wearing my cowboy hat and, finally, set up the songs to roll. These all if the game is a kind of an important one.
What about you?
For me, what has been most effective is daily preparation for life and not just poker. Perhaps some special preparation for a specific tournament can create expectations and pressure.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
before playing a poker tournament what I do is to have a blank mind and relax completely to have full energy to endure long sessions of play, and always be as focused as possible, what I do is disconnect from any social network.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Make sure you have a good #1 and #2 before you play. You should also have some fun while you play..you do things better if you enjoy doing them.