Hitting wrong button by accident

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've actually done this quite often and it is so damn annoying. It always seems to happen if I try to pre-select the call or check button. The player directly to my right will happen to shove just as I'm about to pre-select :mad:

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened to me a few times and on a few occasions it worked out well for me.

O

otmputquant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an App on computer that automatically jiggles the mouse (#wfh). I accidentally left it on while playing and the mouse jiggled when I went to click fold and ended up calling an all-in. My stomach sank lol.

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it usually happens that we are human beings that throughout our lives we will have our mistakes but other virtues too, we must carry false clicks, sometimes I cheat by mistake wanting to get out of hand and my opponent with the best hand or better deception touches all-in I went and won a good pot that made me reach the final table, don't worry about accidents, keep going and keep a positive mind, don't let one hand affect all your following games, cheers.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

I've come close several times but only done it once. I've learned not to leave the arrow on the previous click. 1 miss click can cost you mucho $.

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened to me but not often, most of the times is when you are checking the fold option before it gets ur turn and the button becomes pay, then ur are big F lol

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have called a large all in because I hit call button just as someone went all in. or when i am excited about pocket aces I accidently hit the fold button. just got to slow down and wait.

The most useless button in all of online poker is the "call any" button. I have mis clicked playing 4 tables at a time and it is BRUTAL what I have essentially gone all in with. It sounds ridiculous but breaks are very much needed when playing thousands of hands. Being focused when selecting the right sizing options as well is very important.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Have definitely fallen foul of this. Going to click the 'Call $x' button as the person before me goes all in and accidentally hitting the 'Call' button.

It wouldn't be to difficult for the sites to code in a check that if you hit the call button within say half a second or so of your turn starting that it asks for confirmation or just straight up doesn't actually register the call click

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
OMG it's the WORST thing about online poker! lol Especially when playing multiple tournys, it's so easy to do..
Only once did it work out for me. I called a bet that popped up while trying to bet somewhere else. I had 35 off and won a huge pot. I took out Aces and a couple other monsters. I actually felt bad... and you know they'd never believe it was a misclick haha C'est la vie ;)

D

dawdy1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is the absolute worst... two weeks ago this happened too me in a deep run in a tournament and it caused me to lose more then half my stack in a hand that otherwise would have been an insta fold.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although sometimes it brings good luck.
The other day, I accidentally called an all-in with a trash hand, but the statistics helped to rebound. :)

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every other game I hit the wrong button. I either fold KK or call with pocket junk.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is so common....LOL

It has worked in my favor sometimes but rarely not.

Luckily I am only playing freerolls and micro right now. But you can bet when I go big my butt will be watching every move I make....:)

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lost tournament

one time i lost a whole tournament because of this, i was so annoyed about this i hope they can do something about it like double click or something

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I accidentally pressed the call-in key on the opponent's all-in. I remembered when I won in a multipot by accidentally pressing the $15 button.

A

aldo30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hit the call or fold button by mistake all the time when playing and trying to keep up to date on the football scores on the laptop. Probably one of the reasons i lose all the time on pokerstars.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Already and I ended up losing the hand and getting out, but it served as a lesson, I don't try to anticipate the move, squeezing before.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is so common....LOL

It has worked in my favor sometimes but rarely not.

Luckily I am only playing freerolls and micro right now. But you can bet when I go big my butt will be watching every move I make....:)

Suppose the only way to minimise this would be to make sure to only respond to the action when your turn is up, and at all other times, keep as far away from the buttons as humanly possible.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sure it happens, usually it's our own fault. But also 888poker Android client has a serious interface problem for years when FOLD button turns into a CALL button when it's your turn to act. I'm sure all who used that client knows it. :confused:

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
done it before many calls, lost money, won money that shouldn't have been won as well (calling by accident, hitting runner, runner for a quad once
it balances itself out.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no one is safe from miss clicks in poker, especially if you play many tables at the same time, try to take a short pause before each action and evaluate the situation, and then there should be fewer mistakes

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone who plays more than 1 table online is going to have misclicks. It does not matter who you are, even multi-table pros do it. Any time you need to keep focused for an extended period of time, the brain is going to skip every once in awhile. Haha

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I did it again!😫

Well today I was playing a Rake the Rake I press the wrong button again I press the rebuy and really wanted to quite plus I don’t have much money in the bank ! Plus I wanted to rest for the community free roll one of my favourite tournament ! Stupid mistake + I was ready for the community tournament and I had visit ! Not a good day except I won .20 cents in a free spin in BLITZ JOKER all in a day of PokerStars consolation prize!😉

R

RedMatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have hit the call button so many times only to have the next player shove all in or raise a signifigant amount. FRUSTRATING!

I don't think this qualifies as a miss-click.

Happened many times. Once i folded quad Aces on the flop...

That's gotta hurt.

For me, I have folded when I wanted to call, more times than I care to count. I play on BoL, and the [FOLD][CALL][RAISE] buttons are closer than these brackets. Since I fold most cards, my cursor rests on the fold button area. When I want to call, I slide it over to the right a bit and click call, or slide it a lot and min-raise.

But sometimes, my finger gets trigger happy, and I click the mouse before it enters over the CALL button and I end up folding.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG i hate it!!! lol

I have called a large all in because I hit call button just as someone went all in. or when i am excited about pocket aces I accidently hit the fold button. just got to slow down and wait.

YEs i have done this and i was deep in a MTT 5 dolla buy in and accidentally called 45 bb with a 48 off lol. 10 til the money and i was devastated. I also did it once with A2 suited in the small blind but i got lucky with the ace from spaces against my opponents KK lol. one thing im sure couldnt happen in a live game for sure lol. Keep stacking.