Have you invested in equipment for online poker?

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker tools and ad ons

The only think I needed for online poker. Was a lab top. Now I got it. No more phone games. Gl on your phone everyone

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I replace my laptop when the older one either gets damaged, or becomes outdated after maxing out on it's upgrade path, which is obviously restricted when it comes to laptop hardware. I have no interest in gaming so don't feel the need for an expensive i7 and dedicated graphics. The laptop is used for other things like youtube and streaming as well as work related stuff. Basic HD graphics is adequate, though it can be restrictive if only using the laptop screen while playing various tables and sites. The other thing I found using a laptop over a desktop is it is easy to lose focus if you're doing other things online. Sometimes I have found the poker table has sat me out without me hearing a warning, and if I forget about it I have blinded out before. Desktop is probably best for serious play, but at least with a laptop you can carry it round and play. I have played while sat on the toilet

Dacruz27

Dacruz27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got myself a second screen in order to play many tables at the same time.

D

derpaderp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can imagine buying HUD software. For equipment, I'd likely ask around if anyone had a spare laptop they don't need if you're looking for dedicated equipment. There isn't much equipment necessary for online poker...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can imagine buying HUD software. For equipment, I'd likely ask around if anyone had a spare laptop they don't need if you're looking for dedicated equipment. There isn't much equipment necessary for online poker...

A laptop hasn't been enough for me to play online poker for over 10yrs. now. I've needed 2 screens for that long.

I built a desktop computer that could handle playing many tables from many sites.. and do other things at the same time with zero lag. I wanted something that was fast (so I included an SSD when they first became popular ~5yrs. ago & picked up two new 24in. Dell ultrasharp monitors).
So, yah... I'd argue that a single laptop isn't enough. It's enough so that you can play something. This is true.

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New equipment for your workplace is a good goal.I was checking out recently.The entire kit that I need costs a lot of money.I would like to try my hand at game streaming.A lot of money is needed for this purpose.To begin with, at least replace the laptop, desktop, and a good gaming chair.My cervical spine was damaged due to incorrect posture.A well-organized place is the key to success and endurance.If you play lying on the couch it will not lead to anything good.Good luck at the tables..

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Home game investment..

Online, always investing, just staying with the latest upgrades, cpu & internet.
Home game, it's worth it, when everybody in the group pitches in for: new deck of cards, replacing chips/table. It's not a lot of money, spread over at least say 4 people.
And having newer equipment gives the home game a touch of class, even when the stakes aren't all that high.
We value friendship over poker profit/loss. It's nice to have a "for fun" style of game.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just bought a comfortable chair during the time

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was much younger I went out and bought a poker table and chip set for the regular home game we had going. Boy did I make a lot of money off that investment. Good times.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think if you believe that they help you with your poker game. Then who is to say you are wrong? If you yourself thinks it works then I say your not wrong. If your a person that doesn't believe in such things then I think it won't help you out.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is that this is not what if you are not some kind of professional and online poker is not a way of earning for you. Why buy an expensive laptop for playing poker? The most ordinary computer will do for this.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play multi-tables, investing in an upgraded computer with a big monitor where you can manage all the tables better and as you said comfort is a very important factor if you play for long hours . So yeah if I have a chance I will upgrade my setup for Poker in the future.

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
No I not,but in the future,why not? D

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I haven’t invested anywhere else. I want to invest money to buy a new computer. But I don’t know which one is better for poker. Or even buy a laptop? :)

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Investments

I just bought an ipad in order to play poker comfortably. I realized a long time ago - a good gadget stimulates a high-quality game. Psychology.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.Yes, we invested.we bought custom chips and cards.sometimes we gather, Graeme.

T

tolayn83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends with whom we play poker, fold and buy new cards, poker cloth. It's kind of like investing in poker too.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is very important to have the maximum comfort to play that will bring you a lot of benefit and with a good team it would be great

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There’s nothin like playing poker with buddies! It’s why many of us got into this game. So, yes, I have some equipment at home to keep those games going for sure.

T

Teddy3027

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should start building poker tables to sell to the public

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only thing I invested was some improves in my PC and a HUD software. Both improve my game a lot

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can say yes because I changed my phone so I can play when I'm not home:D

moura21071981

moura21071981

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New equipment for your workplace is a good goal.I was checking out recently.The entire kit that I need costs a lot of money.I would like to try my hand at game streaming.A lot of money is needed for this purpose.To begin with, at least replace the laptop, desktop, and a good gaming chair.My cervical spine was damaged due to incorrect posture.A well-organized place is the key to success and endurance.If you play lying on the couch it will not lead to anything good.Good luck at the tables..
thank you friend, i have played a lot in this position, and really, the negative damage is great, i intend to take the game as a prophecy, and for that in fact we have to have an adequate posture, i guide everyone to follow this line, thanks and hugs to everyone in CC:five:

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Honestly, no. I didn't invest anything in learning poker. Everything I know is from the internet, from friends.