Have you invested in equipment for online poker?

L

Lola0602

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nein, noch nicht

i read a lot in forums and especially here.
Sometimes I watch videos on Youtube.
It's fun to learn slowly and steadily.
I don't have to spend any money on this ... just play.:D

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing on an old 2012 laptop, When I start multirouming, my laptop goes crazy)I dream of finally changing it to a modern one.I want to buy poker software, immerse myself in poker training and finally break my long downstream and start earning money instead of endlessly giving away my money.

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just bought 2 new displays and that's it))

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No never, poker isn't too demanding

A

alexaraujo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
alex

Ainda não pretendo investir para melhorar meu jogo espero que todos vocês melhorem seu jogo também

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, just bought a new notebook for work use, but was kind of an upgrade to my playing sistem.

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have any poker specific equipment. My laptop is 7+ years old and works well most of the time. I do have two desktops monitors that aren't being used. I need to get off my butt and get a dongle and see if using a bigger monitor makes any difference in playability/comfort. I generally play 4-6 tables at a time.

I did invest in a HUD. Well worth the cost.

P

PokerZone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Windows 10S can't be configured to allow?

Have you tried contacting Microsoft to ask if there is a work around?

Or asked the pokersites you play on, since it is their interest to find a solution as more people start to use Windows 10S?

Thanks for sharing this information.

Not being that much of a tech person, I bought my eldest daughter a laptop for xmas for her school work etc and though it could double up for myself with poker.

Little did I know that Windows 10 S doesn't let you download software not on the windows store lol.

So currently back to using my tablet & smartphone for poker, looking into purchasing a laptop specifically for poker later in the year! Perhaps challenge myself to fund it purely from cc freeroll winnings by end of the year. :D

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have any poker specific equipment. My laptop is 7+ years old and works well most of the time. I do have two desktops monitors that aren't being used. I need to get off my butt and get a dongle and see if using a bigger monitor makes any difference in playability/comfort. I generally play 4-6 tables at a time.

I did invest in a HUD. Well worth the cost.

Do you use the HUD mostly for tracking your stats or do you (successfully) use it to figure out the tendencies of your opponents? I'm thinking about investing in one, but I don't want to spend money if I could achieve the same result for free by recording my results in an excel spreadsheet. :p

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you use the HUD mostly for tracking your stats or do you (successfully) use it to figure out the tendencies of your opponents? I'm thinking about investing in one, but I don't want to spend money if I could achieve the same result for free by recording my results in an excel spreadsheet. :p

Great questions - I greatly underutilize the HUD. I always had great intentions and I love statistics so I was reason enough to buy. Plus they are relatively inexpensive and HUD companies are pretty liberal on their upgrade policies.

Just within the last month, I've actively started using it to improve my game. During a session I will mark hands that I want to review. It could be revisiting a push or call decision or I just get in a yucky spot and in game, I'm far from certain I made the best +EV decision possible.

Earlier in the summer I listened to some basic advice as to how to use HUD stats in game to make better decisions. I've begun to do so but have a long way to go to make it muscle memory. I also just started reading Alex Fitzgerald's book, The Myth of Poker Talent. He's given me at least 5-10 additional ways using the HUD game can help inform decisions.

I I need to take a session or two to focus on one new way to add the HUD. And then add more elements over time.

Bottom line - a HUD is a great investment and it's really fundamental to studying past play to improve.

Good Luck!

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do have holdem manager and poker tracker but I stopped using them as they take my attention away from the game. I rather concentrate on what's going on at the table rather than trying to keep the names of players where they should be. That began to grate on me.

Beatlebug

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do have holdem manager and poker tracker but I stopped using them as they take my attention away from the game. I rather concentrate on what's going on at the table rather than trying to keep the names of players where they should be. That began to grate on me.

Beatlebug

LOL- I guess it won't help if I tell you that both of these programs AUTOMATICALLY, without any input from the user, assign the HUD (heads up display) to the player. I guess you made the right call.:deal:

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to dedicate yourself to poker professionally, you must invest in everything related to improving your game, be it software, improving equipment, etc., now not everyone can invest or have what, but it is good to go little by little if you want to work in the best way

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not yet but I am sincerely thinking about making a real run at online this year.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just picked up a Fusion game controller for $80 to help me avoid mouse misclick errors for betting, raising and folding when I'm multi-tabling tournies.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not purchase any special equipment and I am playing on a 6 years old laptop.
But I think I am gonna buy a new mouse because mine is old and already caused me some misclicks :D