Handling a disconnect when playing online

C

christosa197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is quite Break to lose your connection while playing!

My crush the nerves!
:mad:

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does happen sometimes sadly which is terrible. It has been a while for me though thankfully.

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Concerning IP addresses, you are a good example of IPs bouncing around to different locations. Different internet providers too. Have you ever had any security warnings?
Had no warnings but but when I call the front desk they say the internet is working fine in the other rooms,so its just a problem with the poker sites maybe.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happened to me only once I was in the final table were 5 players left I just finished in third place.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where are you from? It happens to me almost daily since the internet in my country (Venezuela) is very bad but it almost always comes back immediately but it is a big annoyance for which I must avoid playing more than two tournaments in simultaneous

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With so much technology there should be no disconnection problems, you can use the cell phone (mobile) and pass the internet to the PC or laptop.
You can also have a wireless modem for when you get stuck.

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have really good internet, so whenever I'm playing BetOnline's mobile, I believe it's definitely them whenever I have connection issues, which is quite frequently.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really is something very very annoying, I constantly have that problem, you know that you could end up better, but the connection is cut

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a communication failure yesterday. I wanted to participate in the game, copied the password and lost my Internet connection. Game missed. There's a connection today, but it disappears for a few minutes.

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding original post. seems like you are a pretty good player. You will do well probably even with the occasional internet problems.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just made a new deposit on ACR and am really dedicating to crushing the microstakes sit and gos, and I was running pretty hot for a few tourneys, and in one I made the final 3 as chip leader and lost connection. Got it back after an hour and checked to find the obvious: I finished 3rd. Of course this is only a few dollars difference in the long run, but as a pretty obsessive person I can't seem to stop thinking about it. Variance I can handle, bad beats I can take, but when I'm playing my 100% and some force f*cks me up, idk how to overcome that.

Just another reason added to why I much prefer playing live.

An hour to be out of the game is a loooong time. Really sucks.

The problem is usually at your end somewhere. New modem might just do the trick.

Even though the experience is really frustrating, you are really lucky to have chosen to just play microstakes. Imagine how you would feel if the pay jumps were $20k or more....

Good luck !

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just made a new deposit on ACR and am really dedicating to crushing the microstakes sit and gos, and I was running pretty hot for a few tourneys, and in one I made the final 3 as chip leader and lost connection. Got it back after an hour and checked to find the obvious: I finished 3rd. Of course this is only a few dollars difference in the long run, but as a pretty obsessive person I can't seem to stop thinking about it. Variance I can handle, bad beats I can take, but when I'm playing my 100% and some force f*cks me up, idk how to overcome that.

Just another reason added to why I much prefer playing live.
Happened to me too to lose the internet connection when holding good cards in my hand; i think the feelings felt in those moments it's no need to describe anymore:mad::mad::mad:.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Connection is a subject you must ask your phone company. Sometimes in the year it happenes and it is a weather matter and sometimes some works on the telephone network.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in the country and i pay a small fortune to get internet and it is not very reliable. It seems worse in the evening when there are more people on it. I just had it go out for a week after a heavy rain. I then used the cell phone hotspot but since we have borderline cell service that isnt the best either. I could never dare to play for big money even if i was good enough.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was playing 6 nights ago on PP and in a 22 dollar mtt and had about 400 k with like 19 people to go and low and behold damn connection went on me , it comes back on with 11 people left including me i had around 28 k left and blinds were 5 n 10 k so i had no choice but to ship it ,i lost and i felt cheated i got in touch with PP thankfully they credited me a tourney ticket for the amount i lost in plus the money i won in it however it is annoying that this happens because i could have won more ,the reasoning behind giving me a free 22 dollar ticket was the dead connection happened on there end

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not yet but I won when others did :)

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yeap a nice Black out for hours in a middle of tournament where I was running really good ....

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This really does away with the urge to play poker online.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For such cases, I always have my smartphone and mobile internet.

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I lost few times internet but luckly I had mobile data.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happened to me a couple times with some decent hands too. But never that long for me, ten minutes tops:0) I do feel for yah though:0) Good luck out there and keep grinding

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in our country it happens. light disappears for no reason. it's very frustrating. but we are strong. and go forward.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting disconnected as chip leader is the worst.

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am glad I am not the only one this has happened to. I actually makes me feel a little better reading these stories as so far none of the times of connection loss were so critical as some of the comments above. But it may happen one day like that for me also, then I will remember this thread and try not to be too angry.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands