Handling a disconnect when playing online

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use the mobile internet as the main one. due to weather conditions and poor quality of provider's service, i encounter with connection problem more often than i would like. when internet has recovered, i can enjoy my folded AA :) mobile internet is good as a backup channel, but not as the main one.

my advise: make sure that u have the reserve channel for important tournaments ;)

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must not know many poker players hahah:cool:

I don’t know any pros, if that’s what you mean.

I’m not super connected, though. I’m not in the cool CardsChat cool posters club where I could brag about knowing some.

The question was connection issues. Do you ever lose connection while playing. A few replies before me went on tangents about just about everything but the topic on hand.

I’m not here to hear penny grinders wax poetic on issues they have no idea WTF they’re talking about. If I wanted to read posts about people who think they’re smarter than everyone on any topic on the planet, I’d have never left Suited Pockets or 2 plus 2

poker forum. Stick to what strengths you got.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t know any pros, if that’s what you mean.

I’m not super connected, though. I’m not in the cool CardsChat cool posters club where I could brag about knowing some.

The question was connection issues. Do you ever lose connection while playing. A few replies before me went on tangents about just about everything but the topic on hand.

I’m not here to hear penny grinders wax poetic on issues they have no idea WTF they’re talking about. If I wanted to read posts about people who think they’re smarter than everyone on any topic on the planet, I’d have never left Suited Pockets or 2 plus 2

Poker forum. Stick to what strengths you got.
Oneybiggs Didnt mean to offend you I'm sure and I was just stating poker players like to rant.
have a good day i'm out:top:

D

dimetrio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online players: ever lose internet while playing?

Previously, my Internet provider was not as reliable as it is now and often disappeared, which caused irritation and loss of poker money. Then I decided to connect another provider so that such situations would not afford to afford. But now there are situations that are already more difficult to solve - turn off electricity during a game session. Well, when it happens during a cash game, it's not so scary. And if when you play tournaments, it's just annoying.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I made a big 3 bet on the final table once and lost internet signal for a few min and lost a big chunk of my stack. Damn internet costed me the tourney

J

joeyjmr8484

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had it happen on a couple occasions. It was no big deal though as it came right back.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens, probably to all of us

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive only lost interenet while playing a few times (888). It usually comes back quickly, but yeah, you can lose out on a good hand :( Its pretty rare in my experience.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just made a new deposit on ACR and am really dedicating to crushing the microstakes sit and gos, and I was running pretty hot for a few tourneys, and in one I made the final 3 as chip leader and lost connection. Got it back after an hour and checked to find the obvious: I finished 3rd. Of course this is only a few dollars difference in the long run, but as a pretty obsessive person I can't seem to stop thinking about it. Variance I can handle, bad beats I can take, but when I'm playing my 100% and some force f*cks me up, idk how to overcome that.

Just another reason added to why I much prefer playing live.

Yes, it happened to me several times, I thought that now I will break the computer, so now I use both stationary and mobile Internet as a safety net

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should hardwire into your internet

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Току-що направих нов депозит за ACR и наистина се посвещавам на смачкване на microstakes sit and gos, и бях доста горещ за няколко турнира, а в един направих финалната 3 като чип лидер и изгубена връзка. Върнах го след един час и проверих, за да открия очевидното: завърших трети. Разбира се, това е само няколко долара разлика в дългосрочен план, но като доста обсесивен човек не мога да спра да мисля за това. Дисперсия мога да се справя, лоши удари мога да взема, но когато играя моя 100% и някаква сила f * cks me up, ИДК как да се преодолее това.

Само още една причина, добавена към това, защо много предпочитам да играя на живо.
It really is too bad, and I happened several times. The problem may vary but most likely in your relationship. Grab a strong internet and powerful computer trust that works.:flute:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When I lose internet connection , my frustration is great , I cannot describe it , I start cursing , although I dont like cursing . I believe it's extremelly bad luck , especially if I was in the middle of a hand and this pot was mine and important for me I get furious inside me , so much bad luck .... On 888poker I can see what hands I lost during my absence , so if they weren't good , no hard feelings . On pokerstars and some other sites I cannot see what hands I could have played/have lost , I wish it was possible on these sites as well to see your past hands even if yoy vlosed the client or you lost connection , they have to fix this :)

I have lost connection while playing sngs , the opponent hu starts stealing blinds :( To lose connection for 20 min or hours it happenned rarelly , once or twice , and I wasn't playing an important tournament (but I was preregistered on one , so since then I register 10 min only before game , not earlier)

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The technology is much better than years ago when losing connection was pretty common. As someone mentioned if you're in a poor country then the internet isn't going to be reliable.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to ask you, how do you manage without poker, how do you cope with such a situation, and what are you doing so that it never arises? For example, if your computer broke down, turned off the Internet, sat down the phone at an important moment of the game. Tell me that the most incredible and bad things happened in your game online.:motz::motz::motz:

Vlad535_100

Vlad535_100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There were losses with the Internet Wi-Fi. Mobile Internet can help out, with the current distribution is not every time.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play important poker game you should have backup. For example i play on my laptop so that power outage can not affect me. If internet stops i have my phone nearby and i can quickly enable hotspot and continue playing from laptop or i can just switch entirely to the phone. A friend of mine who plays much higher stakes once told me that he plays only from his phone in important tournaments to prevent any outage from affecting his game.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During two tournaments I got Aces, I want to bet and the internet stops working. It was the only intent stop on that day. Not enough time to switch to a smartphone.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play on a laptop with wi-fi and I sometimes use a smartphone with a mobile internet.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most unpleasant thing that happens to me is an abgrade of a poker game when I turn it on. I have a slow Internet and sometimes fails to download the game update. Therefore, sometimes I fail to enter our freeroll. We have to run the game in advance just in case.

F

FlopGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a bigpot with nuts, and connection broke down. When I came back the computer auto folded my hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands