Does playing multiple tables help to improve your game?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
what program do you use/recommend?

I am Poker Tracker 4 user , I don't use a special program for multitabling but there are some programs out there like Stack and Tile or Table Ninja 2 if you want to search.

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe playing multiple tables is actually beneficial. After a long stretch, at one table, some players become bored and overbet, just for something to do. Playing multiple tables will also allow for deeper concentration. Note, it's just as easy to become distracted. If your timer runs out at a table, you are playing too many.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not for me, just causes me to make mistakes or slow done play in the other games. I suppose it just takes practice to get the hang of it.

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, but i love playing +5 tables to entertain me because the chances to get more good cards is higher than playing only one table

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course improve, double of tables, twice knowlege and experience

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are pros and cons to multi tabling. I think if your trying to get use to ranges and playing them properly you will learn quicker multi tabling but if you want to get an indepth read on your opponents and observe how they play it is easier if you only have the one table going.

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing 2 tables a couple of weeks ago ($5 SnG 9 man) and really struggled even with a 32" monitor. Had a couple of weeks when I couldn't play and came back to it more relaxed and prepared and found it much better than one table (not quite Multitabling I know!!!)

I am very much a learner so can still do the maths, get some reads, etc but also not get bored as so many have mentioned. It has really helped my learning by allowing me to play enough hands to test focus areas and plays.

Furthermore, it has reduced my frustration - I'm not particularly tilty anyway but when you have the empty void once your AA has been cracked you have that empty void if nothing else going on, whereas if you have another game running, its a distraction and you tell yourself to focus as there is work to do. I guess you could argue you might go on tilt and smash that one in too!

For what it is worth I've been playing 1 reg and 1 turbo at the same time - seems to balance the amount of action suitably and allow me to practise the various stages of play.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad decision...

I have tried to play at several tables simultaneously but it has not given me good results, because one does not concentrate on one, cannot identify the aggressive players, those who constantly fold, etc.
The only thing that could be useful would be to achieve a great bankroll at one of the tables and with that, stay and play concentratedly.:confused::confused:

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The one potential benefit is that you are less likely to call the flop when you shouldn’t out of boredom. Good players don’t do that anyway. I remember reading a pro who played multiple tables, he said he made more money but not twice as much, because his play was not as good.

M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a complicated matter due to the fact that playing on more than one table at the same time forces you to share the attention, on the other hand you are practicing more, folding in one action in the other, it is worth trying, but I prefer to play a table for turn.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing Online the other day I decided to concentrate and play hard.
I was taking notes of every player on the table And calculating every action that I would take

After a bit, I felt like I understood what was going on And made the right play pretty much all the time.
I think that playing several tables at the same time won't allow me to do that, therefore I don't think I will improve my skills.

What everybody thinks?

I agree with you, playing one table at a time is the way to get better at poker. I have posted a thread in the past, going in more detail about the subject. Please take a look if interested:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/multi-tabling-a-losing-player-457308/

V

valts102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think no,the more table you play and your concentrate level decrease.

Gonmar111

Gonmar111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my case it doesn't help, since I can't consent to the game and I end up losing the games.

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really, much better to stick up to one table and use your observation skills to improve

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play at two tables, your eyes look here and there. This, you can skip an important point and lose. I think it's better to play on the same table.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think playing multiple tables gives you more experience faster, but there is a point of diminishing returns.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thonk one table is better you can miss something with multiple tables.:):):)

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're still learning the super basics (e.g. calculating pod odds, outs, preflop ranges, position) just stick to one table at a time. After that, in my opinion, multi-tabling will accelerate your learning for a variety of reasons.
For one, you'll encounter more marginal spots that you can go over and analyze. Also, if you play tournaments, you'll run deep more often gaining valuable experience (e.g. playing short-stacked, or playing as chip leader on the bubble, playing heads up etc.)

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe the more you play there will always be improvements.

J

Julez97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely wouldn't say that it improves your game. But it does allow you to see more hands, so you it can be optimal even if your win-rate drops. Personally, I have had much more success playing at 1 zoom table at a time. But my issue is that I am playing on a laptop, so even just switching between tables is a nuisance. It was killing me so I now stick to one at a time, however, if I had a better setup I'd look to multi-table to see more hands.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t think so. Because. it´s difficult to concentrate to see the table.
It´s better playing many time than playing multi-tables.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first thing that is lost when playing at several tables at the same time is the personal character of the table, and therefore the analytical capacity of the players in particular and of the table in general is reduced. Therefore, the difficulty with respect to the ability to read the table and analyze the phases of the game is also multiplied. In this way, the decisions you make are isolated and not valued and contrasted decisions with the rest of the movements of the table. This leads to a loss of the link to the table, and therefore a loss of information about the table that could help you make the appropriate decisions.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like many others, playing multiple tables is usually unwise to less experienced players. I will play multiply tables at low or freeroll levels. But it will rarely be my best play. Anytime I am playing serious poker, it is one table at a time with no other distractions! I still believe my taking notes on players separate me from lessor players. Now notes are never perfect....but they will give you knowledge! Is this player loose? When he raises, is it rare...or common. Huge info at needed most times. As the old tv commercial stated. Try it...you will like it! Mikey did!

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hello if you are a beginner and you are not used to playing at several tables in no way will help improve your game ... :D

Top 10 Games