Does playing multiple tables help to improve your game?

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing at two tables (for example), I get bored and lose concentration (the dynamics of the game). After all, we all know about the advantages of multi-tabling: Increasing earnings per hour of play,
more bonuses, more rakeback. (I will not talk about the disadvantages). On one of the sites, I found recommendations for playing at tables: (which allow you to maintain yourself in optimal condition) - 4 tables - 8 hours, 8 tables - 4 hours, 16 tables - 2 hours. Something like that.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi tables

I always play more than 1 table but no more than 3 I've tried 4 a few times but it ended up moving too fast for me to keep up. By no means am I trying to make myself out as a pro poker player it's just I like the games I play in to move at a quicker pace. I will say this type of play is definitely not for a newbie.

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my play is better when playing 3 or 4 tables. Playing only one definitely isn't for me as the game moves a little slow and I tend to start playing marginal hands just for some action. Three or four I can still take notes and keep track of what is going on at all the tables. Pre-BF during STSnG promos I would even jack it up to 8 or 9 and still be able to keep up seeing as it would still fit my screen decently and was a lot of the same ppl in the games. When I came back recently to the online poker scene during the rona I started back up w/just 1 then 2 until I felt comfortable 3 and 4 tabling again.

So long answer short, find where you're confortable and still profitable and go from there.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Multiple

When I started practicing the game at several tables at the same time, it seemed to me that this is easy and improves the game, as it increases the number of hands played. But then everything turned out differently. It is very difficult to be concentrated at once at several tables. As a result, the game loses quality everywhere.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sitting at the computer you can freely play 4 tables and your game does not change in any way. But I often play on my smartphone and it's hard to play on more than 2 tables.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Playing multiple tables , its exausting . You need to act fast . 2tables works best , max 3 for me

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
It depends on your reflex action.
A person playing 3 or 4 or more tables loses attention on a hand or mis clicks, and messes up the game.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Multiple Tables

I've read where some pros play on as many as 16 tables at a time in high buy-in games to make over $100,000 a year. Because of the quality of competition their ROI (Return on Investment) is very low. Something like 5% or less. In other words, they can expect to average a $50 profit for every $1,000 game they play.

In the mid-level games, from $100 to $300 buy-ins, they average a 10% ROI. And in the low-level games, from $5 to $50, 15% ROI is averaged.

I haven't seen any data on micro-games, but in my own statistics I've been averaging from 8% to 28%, but the 28% isn't totally accurate because that includes winnings from freerolls and if it weren't for them my ROI on that site would probably be closer to the 8% as well.

I'm a profitable player, but I've noticed when I try to play multiple SnGs at the same time my ROI goes down. It might have something to do with the unsophistication of the players in these games. Beside, I have aggression issues when playing multiple games. Sometimes one must get over-aggressive in a game, and that tends to carry over into the other games I'm playing. That is an issue I have to overcome before seriously playing in multiple games.

So, while learning I believe it should be kept simple. Learn to build your bankroll to reach the higher tier games. Then experiment with multiple games while keeping an eye on your ROI until you find your comfort level.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No.

Most of the time everybody can play better focusing in one table. But multi-tabling is a great chance to beat the variance in this game.

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that its not the best way to improve your game. Even if you learn something, you will probably pay for that by losing money. The best way is imo analyze your hands after the session.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried many times. It works sometime , but when I win on the one I am starting not to thinking about the other. When my staxk is more , I am more concentrade there and second one just all in.

Serg77

Serg77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question. I think It depends on a game type. If you play turbo or hyper turbo freerolls there is not a normal play. Your opponent should act another way they play cash for example. You have no time and no ability to follow the "rules". But if you play cash I think there is more profitable if you "know" your opponent and know his style. This help you make right decision paying your hands.

S

sweeper21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it could make playing worse. You can't concentrate much on just one time if you are playing on many tables.

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forget about taking notes on tourneys, players go out quicker than you can type notes. Especially in freeroll.

Only play multi tables when your capable of playing the cards you have, not the player.
Be happy to loose when your beat by a better hand

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing multiple tables makes me concentrate less on each tournament.

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will definitely point out those area of your game that could use further work esp at game speed.
Several of the trainers out there can help you improve your game speed. I like https://www.poker-genius.com/ and also use a metronome App. you really learn to focus and crank out those decisions much more quickly

Last edited:
Top 10 Games