Does playing multiple tables help to improve your game?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yup, playing one table is boring but raising the number of tables can get a bit fraught in short order.

I can play three with some comfort, but...all you need is for the tables to synch up (i.e. you need to make a decision at two of the tables - let alone three simultaneously) and things go pear shaped quickly.

I do not have a two monitor set up though but can imagine if things were spread between monitors, I would likely feel in better control.

Reh1980

Reh1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Várias mesas

Several tables
I think it has to start with as few tables as two tables and so it will gradually increase.

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It also depends on the website you are playing. For example, in ACR I found it very hard to play several tables, because of the way is set up., but In Betonline is easier since I can play from my phone and all the tables are link together.

I still find very hard to play several tables. I guess if I will fold 90 of my hands and just play premiums hands that would do the trick.

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play only on one table, so you can learn more detailed opponents

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you only play one table, you can get more information about your opponents. But you wanna be more lucrative, you have to learn how to play multiple tables. You can also learn in this situation

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't focus that much while playing many many tables, so for beginner it's better to play 1-4 tables

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you only play one table, you can get more information about your opponents. But you wanna be more lucrative, you have to learn how to play multiple tables. You can also learn in this situation

Agree

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't focus that much while playing many many tables, so for beginner it's better to play 1-4 tables

not sure how you guys can play 4 tables at a time, I guess I'm an amateur!

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw how my friend was playing, and I had such a terrible desire to learn how to play poker, I sat with him near the computer and he explained the game to me a bit, then I started to learn combinations, registered for pokerstars, at first I played spin without special skill end and go, and mtt, when I lost two, three small amounts, I realized that my level of play is weak, I started going through and studying poker school, and then I started to watch streamers.

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stick to one table so I can focus as I'm still trying to move past experienced beginner to intermediate player. Playing multiple tables is for folks trying to maximize earnings or earn bonus. I just read somewhere that if your having trouble playing say 6 tables, try playing 10 for a while then 6 will seem like a cakewalk.

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stick to one table so I can focus as I'm still trying to move past experienced beginner to intermediate player. Playing multiple tables is for folks trying to maximize earnings or earn bonus. I just read somewhere that if your having trouble playing say 6 tables, try playing 10 for a while then 6 will seem like a cakewalk.

A faster computer with a second screen is probably necessary. I feel I could do it, but it will be pure gambling.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing multiple tables help to improve your skills in... playing multiple tables! :D

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Online the other day I decided to concentrate and play hard.
I was taking notes of every player on the table And calculating every action that I would take

After a bit, I felt like I understood what was going on And made the right play pretty much all the time.
I think that playing several tables at the same time won't allow me to do that, therefore I don't think I will improve my skills.

What everybody thinks?

I totally agree with you, but sometimes you want to relax and niochem not think, here I start to play on 3-4 at once

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I think that you need to play at several tables when you feel confident at one table!
And so, as your game improves, you can add more tables !!!

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that a quality game maksimum- two tables

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, playing multiple tables makes you robot who just plays cards with no time do analize table..

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the game at several tables rather does not allow to concentrate and understand the situation at a particular table, so if you play carefully and try to read the player, it is better to play at one table

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing Online the other day I decided to concentrate and play hard.
I was taking notes of every player on the table And calculating every action that I would take

After a bit, I felt like I understood what was going on And made the right play pretty much all the time.
I think that playing several tables at the same time won't allow me to do that, therefore I don't think I will improve my skills.

What everybody thinks?

But what about $ / hour?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
the reason people are able to play multipe tables is because they've played a ton of games and they already have a set strategy. i play 4-9 tables and i never think about preflop action and i dont think about what ill do on the flop because i already have my set strategy so i just click the buttons already knowing what ill do on certain flops. once it gets to river i sometimes have to take a little time to think about it. my point is if you dont have an exact strategy and already know the best plays to make you shouldnt play more than 1 table until you can play on auto pilot.

Yes I agree with you , if you are playing only one table you will fall into the trap , ''let's open raise this or open limp that and I may get lucky''.Poker is not like that.You should always try to take the +EV decisions no matter what the outcome will be.

If you are a serious multitabler , apparently you will need a tracking program and apparently you should know:

1.What range to open raise based on you stack size / position / players on your left
2.What hands to 3bet against weak / strong players[Yes sometimes is different range]
3.Against who you should fire a bluff or value bet
4.Know every single time your table image
...and the list goes on...

Having a good grasp of the game and adding one table per time you will auto-piloting the biggest share of the hands in your session.

Good point! ;)

eddy78

eddy78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
few is better for me

I use to play like over 10 tables, by nowadays the maximum I play is 4 the reason is that i get more focus I don't miss important spots, cant not just rely on software support all that time, i notice some time i tigh play goes tilt and we software dosnt tell you that

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I play at multiple tables, the result is very bad .. one table. It gives the optimum concentration.

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to play like over 10 tables, by nowadays the maximum I play is 4 the reason is that i get more focus I don't miss important spots, cant not just rely on software support all that time, i notice some time i tigh play goes tilt and we software dosnt tell you that

Which software do you use/recommend?

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I agree with you , if you are playing only one table you will fall into the trap , ''let's open raise this or open limp that and I may get lucky''.Poker is not like that.You should always try to take the +EV decisions no matter what the outcome will be.

If you are a serious multitabler , apparently you will need a tracking program and apparently you should know:

1.What range to open raise based on you stack size / position / players on your left
2.What hands to 3bet against weak / strong players[Yes sometimes is different range]
3.Against who you should fire a bluff or value bet
4.Know every single time your table image
...and the list goes on...

Having a good grasp of the game and adding one table per time you will auto-piloting the biggest share of the hands in your session.

Good point! ;)

what program do you use/recommend?

Top 10 Games