Do you turn on 4 coloured decks when playing online? Why or why not?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turning on 4-color cards can be beneficial online because you can really see the flush better and immediately, making it harder to overlook see.
However, if you play live poker afterwards, it will be unusual.
For me, this new 4-color version loses a bit of the value of the poker game tradition so I don’t even use it.
If I overlook a flush, I can only blame myself for not paying more attention there.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I have it turned on all the time I love the blue diamonds and green clovers
and it never made me miss a flush on live either but thats just me a very focused individual.
Do what suits you best... no pun intended.

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first I didn’t turn it on, then I tried it once, I liked it, now I always turn it on:)

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
four color deck!!

no, I don’t use a four-color deck, because there are enough miracles in online poker already !!! and personally, it’s not familiar to me, it’s not convenient..

E

effece

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, out of habit I play with the normal colors, although many times I have been wrong to confuse the suits, I consider that it is more in line with the live game

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried including a 4 color deck, I didn't like it. I'm somehow used to playing 2 color cards, black and red.

Jardel Barros

Jardel Barros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes

I use it because it makes it easier to identify the flash...

B

benrasberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I always do 4 color cards. I wish that was standard on real life decks as well.

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just turned on four coloured deck for the first time tonight. I think I liked it. It was easier to quickly spot flushes. My worry is that if I get too used to it I won’t be as sharp during live play.

I find the 4 colored cards to be incredibly annoying. But like most things I'm a bit of an old man coffee in that regard. Change is always scary I suppose. Visually I've just never been a fan of it. If you are so stuck to analyze a board that you need something color coded you are not paying enough attention to the board. Just my $0.02 but you do you boo boo

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should try to play like that somehow. But it seems to me that it will annoy me a lot, since I'm used to the classic look.

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not much for colors but I can see how it could make it easier at a glance..

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Apparently I use this function because online most players play many tables.
In live poker you play 1 hand every ~2 minutes and you play only 1 table , you can't compare two totally different situations :)
Do whatever is easier for you and good luck!

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

I've seen it before and didn't care for it, to old school I guess. However I've seen some people say it helps them as far as not misreading flushes. I've done that. I'm kinda stubborn but may give it a shot.

S

SpaceMage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I use the four colour deck. Mainly because I play with my glasses off. Too many times mistaking one card for another when under pressure playing multiple tables.

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
no, i do not like four colour decks.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always use a 4 color deck, I think it helps cut down on mistakes and increases my speed of play.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, makes it easier to identify a possible flush draw. The pokerstars 4 colour deck is horrible tho.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Joke

What do you call a cow on laying on the ground?
Ground Beef

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not for me, iv'e always grown up with 2 colour decks. Believe it or not, I actually find it more confusing with 4 colours.

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to sometimes I was mistaking clubs for spades now I just take more time.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've always played with the classic deck, checkers are much more beautiful and aggressive.:)

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always like to switch to the 4 color deck, it's way easier for the and much less confusing what is what.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Always use the four color deck when available. It is easier on my eyes and I have less chance of messing up on suits. Always check to see if it is an option.

Jim

M

MrBrian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
multicolored decks

4 colored decks give remote viewers an advantage, ive found, over the 2. when the decks are 2 colors your mind calculates faster than when colored 4, and when their colored 4 quantum computing comes into effect and the net dials down on you. some would say the more the colors the better, but 2 colors work perfect for me. there are times i change it to 4, but that's when im running full tilt.