Do you turn on 4 coloured decks when playing online? Why or why not?

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`m playing 4-colored because of the Lex Veldhuis playing it)
Actually it`s very easy to get faster upset when you are waiting for flush and didn`t get it)

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couloured deck makes it easy to avoid mistakes on hyper/turbo games...

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I didn't know that was a thing! I'll have to go look for it!

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the 4-color deck gives you a small advantage over everything when you play in many tables and the size of the game windows is drastically reduced, in conclusion I think it helps a lot those players who play in many tables

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Normally not - just kinda lazy. I really could use it in live games. seats 2, 3, 7 and 8 I can barely make out suited cards. A flop with diamonds and hearts is a nightmare.

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4-color deck is a must-have for multi tabling.. Easy to instantly identify flush draws without needing the extra second or two each time.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just reminded me to try it. I have no problem spotting flushes but perhaps color would give more positive vibes during play- God knows we all need it

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Of course, I use a four-color deck of cards.
In online poker, playing with a four-color deck has been the norm for a very long time. In online poker we play many more hands per hour than in live poker, so a four-color deck makes decision making easier and faster. This is especially important when playing multiple tables.
In live tournaments, a four-color deck was first introduced by the European Poker Tour during EPT Malta. This was in 2015 and was met with a mixed reaction among players.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always turn 4 color deck on, it makes you make less mistakes, and you can make decisions faster.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, standard is more easy for me to play

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Yes, I always use 4 color deck online, if you get used to it, it will be much easier to play at multiple tables.

In a live game you won’t be bothered as you have a lot more time for everything than online, you won’t mix colors.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never liked the four color deck. I always went the regular deck or the uber enlarged deck so it just gives the value and suit if I was playing holdem.

With a stud variant, I would just go with the classic look because it looks clearer to me, guess I'm just used to it.

And I played mostly live anyway To me, the four color deck is just another aid to help folks.

But most sites tell you what you have anyway so you can't misread a hand anyway. The only way I see a benefit of it is if you have A LOT OF TABLES going at once and not like say 4-6 tables going at once.

But to each their own, I guess.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never got into it, but I switched on the colors a couple of times, and I like it more, you just have to get used to it

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
if I use the 4-color deck, since playing with me on many tables makes it easier for me to identify when I have a very interesting head hand, If I could use it in person it would be great.

ponistra7

ponistra7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used 4-color deck a long time ago and i didn't like it. I tried again today and I still don’t like it. I prefer classic color cards,

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I use the 4 color because its more easy when you play on more tables!

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A four-color deck allows you not to mix up the cards when playing at several tables, but I haven’t used it for a long time, I didn’t have any inconvenience with this.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always use the 4 colour decks. My eyesight sucks and I prefer not to wear my reading glasses when I don’t absolutely have to.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes always 4 colors deck because my eyes sometimes i make mistakes on the cards so its better for me to play with 4 color deck

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean for me it simply seems as a matter of preference. Personally, I do not because I like the classical version of viewing the cards!

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are right, when you play a lot of tables there is a possibility of error. Therefore, I always include a 4-color deck. I don't think that problems can arise if you play offline, because it's one table and you concentrate as much as possible, unless of course you play with friends for fun with beer.)))

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, my eyesight is not too good so it helps.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just turned on four coloured deck for the first time tonight. I think I liked it. It was easier to quickly spot flushes. My worry is that if I get too used to it I won’t be as sharp during live play.

I have been used to display big blinds stacks for some time and have understood the meaning to some extent. However, I do not yet know what profit 4 colors bring and therefore do without it at the moment. Although I am not averse to it, if it really makes sense to do so.:D

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes, I always use it. It makes it easier to spot everything better as fast as possible, which is definitely a plus, especially if you are playing al multiple tables.