Do You Get Nervous When You Play?

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He does not need to be nervous during the game because he can certainly play a bad game. All the while I play I'm relaxed giving me a better concentration and calmness in the toughest decisions. If you see that it does not work, you need to be annoyed, but take a break and try to relax as soon as possible in order to continue playing. Remember nervousness will certainly not bring you good. Greeting!

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do You Get Nervous When You Play?

I think everyone is nervous in the game sometimes, it's important it doesn't prevent you playing correctly

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sure, usually happens around the $-bubble and ft decisions. Satellites are nerve wrecking, as well. I haven't felt like impaling my screen in quite a while. Over time the beats, coolers, and swings all become part of the game. I also asked myself if I'd rather be doing something else. Whenever I could answer that honestly I would go do the other activity since my mind is obviously on something other than poker.

ChiTownRon

ChiTownRon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how much money is at stake but it think it's pretty common and natural for players to get nervous at some point. Poker is a roller coaster!

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I feel nervous, I will probably log off and try again another day.

Gorbonz4988

Gorbonz4988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at some point playing poker if you dident get nervous at some point a lot of us probably wouldent like the game as much it can make you nervous happy mad sad and or feel on top of the world when u take down a huge guarantee tourney. One of many reasons we love this game.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on my tiltness in cash game. Because when I'm on tilt, I tend to play higher limits to be back to even and that's when I get nervous...

Less saliva in mouth is bad for my mental health...

That said, I NEVER tilt when I'm playing tournament or S&G. When I have time, that's the kind of game I like.

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are nervous, it is better not to play, it will only make you lose more, the correct thing is to stop playing and go for a spin, or to do any other activity that you enjoy.

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes there are moments when you have to be nervous, and so I try to keep calm in the games

G

goOgaaA9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nerves

Never. I'm playing because i love to play this game. That's why I can't be nervous :)

But when you lose your money and lose good tournaments with pair of AA or someting, you stay calm? :D

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I’m freaking out, but it's far from Phil Hellmuth :p

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a restless foot - so it’s always moving without me knowing - apparently the feet are a giveaway for reads - not sure if it helps or hinders me haha 🤔

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nervous

i dont get nervous playing poker ...never .
i play poker for fun and enjoy
i know the rules of the game and i exepted
some times its unfair when i loose but some times its unfair for somebody else when i win.
this is poker like it or not ...and i like it. :cool::cool::cool:

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, when I started playing, I got nervous now with more experience and managed to control it but I am human when I'm at the final table I get nervous

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nervous? i wanna say not anymore but my heart rate would disagree :p mind you, it starts pumping regardless of whats going on in the hand.. so its still hard to get a read of my jugular :p

the more you play the less nervous you get... you can tell the fish from the sharks because they always look more tense.. too rigid.. cant chat when they have cards... etc. try to relax, sip your drink.. talk.. smile.. ;)

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even get nervous in free rolls

First few live games I was definitely nervous, moreso about doing something dumb like acting out of turn. Don't get nervous playing online, it just goes away after so long.

Too funny...I even get nervous when i'm playing in free roll tourneys, or with free money I've won from free rolls. I guess it's human nature, but it does seem to help if I stay calmer when playing....when possible...not excluding the bad beats, etc . :)

Last edited:
demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Not really ,if tournament cost alot and has good prize then I would be nervous but not on regular games

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the pot's big enough or I"m deep enough to where I'm starting to think about bubbles and final tables, heck yeah. It's a combination of nerves and a rush adrenaline that usually results in me tilting if I lose the hand or helping me focus if I win.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last Friday I was playing live and when I sat down I was not nervous. I actually doubled up in hand #2. From that point on I was nervous as hell. My hands would shake when putting in bets. I have no idea why I got nervous while WINNING hands. I ende up cashing out $1200 and my hands were shaking even down to the final hand I played. Weird right?

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are humans, its normal getting nervous. The difference between god and bad players, is how they deal with it.

Krexnik

Krexnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how much i feel is at stake

I used to only play freerolls and play chips and just recently transitioned to playing real money tourneys and cash games. I have to admit that I do get nervous based on how large the prize pool is. I am not really sure whether or not this is a bad thing though since i have done OK so far and have cashed in about 15% of the tournaments I've played.

My real issue is making sure to not play when i drink. If i get drunk i go on tilt very easily and end up making bad decisions, like putting half my bankroll at a ring game table.. lol. Lost all of my tournament winnings one night because i was drunk and decided to play a ring game i did not have the BR to play.

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course, but the poker face must always be made of steel. :cool:

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started, I was pretty nervous about making every decision. Playing out of your bankroll limits is also a good way to flip the f out when you get 4 outed for your whole stack. But now, I'm extremely desensitized. In cash games, I don't even care about the outcome anymore. I still get tilted, but the situation has to be extremely tilt-inducing, like losing AA preflop all-ins twice back to back in the same session.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I do get nervous as well but as a generality I try to keep everything in perspective and in the end make what I deem to be the correct call call under the circumstances.